Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Exclamation Where your hamburgers come from

As a meat eater I think it's important we all know were it comes from and exactly how it happens to avoid being a hypocrite.

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Insid...terhouse-Video

I posted this one specifically because it's the easiest one to watch. If you wish to test yourself as to see just how much you can handle I suggest you do your own searching. I believe I am a pretty hearty guy but mechanized death is scary there are some livestock processing videos out there I shudder to watch.

Anyway...who wants to go out for some steaks =)
    Last edited by sandmoth12; 2012-01-09 at 12:27 AM.

Deleted
    i want to go out for some steaks!

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    So...who wants to go out for some steaks =)
    I do, I already know where all the food comes from and how it gets from Farm to plate.

Deleted
    but really, i have seen all this before, just makes me want a burger

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    My meat comes from the land of tasty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    I do, I already know where all the food comes from and how it gets from Farm to plate.

yeah, we did this sort of stuff in school, we didn't watch the graphic videos obviously but we still learned where all the food came from and what happens to it before it reaches our plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Humans are omnivores. Go vegan, if you want to rebel....
    I'm no vegan. In fact I am way more of a carnivore. I just feel it's important we watch these videos as to not be a hypocrite.

Deleted
    Vegetarian so I ain't subjecting myself to no shock videos!

10+ Year Old Account
    I want some bacon right now, or some steak.

Both are good.

why would they not be allowed to film the part where the cow gets a spike through their head? I don't get it...

Growing up on a farm with my grandparents, being used to killing animals for food my opinion wasn't changed about meat at all. I think more people should know where their food comes from, not just meat, but a lot more. I could see this being educational, however, I will be finishing my ham sandwich.

I think I'm going to go get a burger now.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brettshock View Post
    I want some bacon right now, or some steak.

Both are good.
    steak wrapped in bacon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosu View Post
    steak wrapped in bacon.
    I just say we get the epic meal time guys to cook for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I'm hungry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mmmm....steak....

OT: Honestly the only time I have a problem with us killing cows to feed a country is when the animal is tortured or something before it dies. Otherwise, that's a better death than you could probably find in nature. Usually, humans go through the process of making it humane. Nature doesn't, and the cow gets eaten while it's still alive by a pack of wolves or something.
    "When I was 5 years old, my mother told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, I told them they didn't understand life." - John Lennon

I'm a carnivore. My wife is vegan.

I have butchered a cow. I shot it, skinned it, cleaned it, etc and had no problem.

I was not prepared for what I've seen about where our food comes from. None of you are. Watch a video or two about a factory farm, and tell me that doesn't affect you.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

I buy all my beef and pork from a good friend who owns a butcher shop and as far as my burgers for after that.....from the grill on my back porch. I have killed, skinned, cut up, and wrapped my own before but damn he does it all for me and the cost is less than me making the effort.

I wonder if vegetarians sit there watching videos of fields of carrots growing, just so they know where their food comes from.

I think you only have to watch these videos if you feel you may be doing something morally reprehensible.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarjack View Post
    I'm a carnivore. My wife is vegan.

I have butchered a cow. I shot it, skinned it, cleaned it, etc and had no problem.

I was not prepared for what I've seen about where our food comes from. None of you are. Watch a video or two about a factory farm, and tell me that doesn't affect you.
    It truly does not affect me. All i care about is if it tastes good, and suffices my appetite. Yes, it may be barbaric....but we as a race are barbaric and have been since time began. Times have moved on, technology has moved on, and christ has the population increased since the time we hunted our food ourselves to survive.