Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    You're probably just another reroll hunter so you don't get to call a flame war

@Arhippa Thats your opinion. I still think that level 1-85 ( Pre DS 25 Heroic) should be prioritized since it's a larger aspect of the game and where you're most likely to spend the most amount of time. Just a simple bugfix that sorts out our pets and various other PVP disabilities , the fix we've been asking for the past 2 years. It never gets adressed and it's annoying. ( Yes i do spam the official forums with this nonsense so im not trying achieve anything else than QQ here)
    Blizzard have said and i dont dissagree with it, that they will not balance classes for pre-max level content unless something is fucking retardedly OP/UP. And who the hell cares if someone is a reroll or not, this class is like this NOW, it might have been bad or good before but the state its in NOW is what matters.

And before you say something about me not being a hunter i just rerolled to my hpally and we recruited another dps just due to the state of hunters (and hpallys).

Deleted
    I added a section to my previous post that is fitting as an answer.

Deleted
    Only problem tho it isnt fitting as a answer.

Hunters having problem in DS (you know the current and pretty much the only content that matter) of a few specific fights where they are crap is a bit issue, then the big thing is that their dps overall, not just on those bosses where its a problem, is shite and that in addition to mechanics and close to 0 damage mitigation is whats making hunters bad in PvE and PvP.

Eh, yes, balancing should be done around heroic raiders. That are the kind of players that know how to get the most out of the class. How can you balance around players that do, lets say, 50-75% of the max potential dps? One player is then performing at a certain level and thinks the spec is rubbish, while another player does 1.5x the amount of dps and tops their raids logs. It's practically impossible to balance around that.
    As for the bugfixes, lets hope those come with MoP, we all know these hotfixes are band-aids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Only problem tho it isnt fitting as a answer.

Hunters having problem in DS (you know the current and pretty much the only content that matter) of a few specific fights where they are crap is a bit issue, then the big thing is that their dps overall, not just on those bosses where its a problem, is shite and that in addition to mechanics and close to 0 damage mitigation is whats making hunters bad in PvE and PvP.
    Fuck it, It's pointless! We'll never agree on it. Hunters are atleast competative in some encounters in PVE! in PVP we arn't, at all!
    That is my issue as a PVP player , we don't have a competative edge at all. It's nonexistant in the PVP environment.

Lets agree on something atleast, Hunters are by far the most broken class overall. And lets leave it at that!

Deleted
    Fuck it, It's pointless! We'll never agree on it. Hunters are atleast competative in some encounters in PVE! in PVP we arn't, at all!
    That is my issue as a PVP player , we don't have a competative edge at all. It's nonexistant in the PVP environment.

Lets agree on something atleast, Hunters are by far the most broken class overall. And lets leave it at that!
    I definatly agree with your last statement but just to say one last thing, hunters can be doing world first and getting rank 1 titles, the only thing is, as we both agree on, they are the worst to do it with on more or less anything.

@Arhippa Thats your opinion. I still think that level 1-85 ( Pre DS 25 Heroic) should be prioritized since it's a larger aspect of the game and where you're most likely to spend the most amount of time. Just a simple bugfix that sorts out our pets and various other PVP disabilities , the fix we've been asking for the past 2 years. It never gets adressed and it's annoying. ( Yes i do spam the official forums with this nonsense so im not trying achieve anything else than QQ here)

And just to add for further frustration and pointless discussion : Hunters are subpar in Pve in 3 or 4 encounters in 1 raid. That does not make the class subpar overall! It's simply an annoying factor for those of you who play competative PVE in HEROIC mode, Not normal mode or anything else for that matter...
    Leveling is definitely not where you spend the most of the time on one character if you have any desire at all to gear that character up and perhaps use it for anything other than just dinging whatever max level is. As for 85 content, DS probably isn't the biggest thing there is - but it is still where the end-game happens currently as it is the newest tier and just because that might not be what the majority does (which you have no numbers to back up, I assume) it doesn't mean that it should be ignored.

Correct me here if I'm wrong, but somehow I just get this feeling as if you thought I was against pvp changes for hunters. I'm not, as long as it's not making me worse off in pve I support them. Bugs happen in pve as well, especially pet bugs are very common, and I'd love to see them fixed. But you said that our "damage and survival abilities are FINE", which isn't true in pve. I know this because me and my guild, among many others, have been directly affected by this.

You also say 3-4 out of 8, as if that was very little ? 4 out of 8 is half, and I don't know about you but that's TOO MANY for me at least. On top of that, 3-4 isn't even correct, I'd say 6-7 is more accurate. Madness is fine (although I have not experienced the heroic mode yet) in my eyes and hagara is somewhat arguable depending on the tactic you use. Are we at such a massive disadvantage that guilds won't bring us to all 6-7 fights ? Probably not, simply because most of them are easy enough to complete even with suboptimal classes. But that does not work for hard fights, and there are some of those too in those 6-7.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

And just to add for further frustration and pointless discussion : Hunters are subpar in Pve in 3 or 4 encounters in 1 raid. That does not make the class subpar overall! It's simply an annoying factor for those of you who play competative PVE in HEROIC mode, Not normal mode or anything else for that matter...
    Sub par in 7/8. Hagara is the only one we're better than any other class. On all other fights, anything else > hunter.

Edit: If hunters weren't hurting so bad, why would hunters be receiving decent pve buffs in 4.3.2? Especially considering Blizzard's track record when it comes to hunters. As far as I know we're the only ones getting buffs, too.
    Last edited by Maelstrom51; 2012-01-15 at 05:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    well compare it to other classes:

warriors have shield wall on a 4 minute cd and rallying cry which doesn't stack with each other
    I'll ignore the stacking part since i really don't see the point.
    They also have higher base armor, ability to equip a shield to futher boost that up, Defencive stance provides them a flat 10% damage reduction against everything, out of GCD. And lets not forget Enraged Regeneration.

druids have barkskin which is only 20% but 1minute cd, ferals ofc have survival instincts but that's 3 minutes and not baseline, can count bear form maybe but it's not usually viable.
    There's also battle rez. Their ability to cast a little heals on themselves (and with their base +30% healing recieved in feral it's not all that bad and probably on part with the buffy-er heals of owls). Tranquility is also a very nice plus, specially if the feral druide is not a morron and has a caster staff in his bags to macro with tranquility.
    mages have mana shield which is 12 seconds but absorbs like 14k damage, iceblock with a 5 minute cd and mage ward that only absorbs fire/frost/arcane and as far as i know there's none of those damage types in DS apart from yor'sahj red blob.
    Mage armor : +45 all resistances whenever you want, and most mages are now fire which gives them the awesome Cauterize talent. Oh yes and evocation glyph
    warlocks have spirit link so they kind of beat us
    AND fel armor AND a bunch of other spells with a small side effect of selfhealing
    priests have bubbles in every spec plus shadow is basically immortal beats us a lot.
    rogue no question, better than us
    dks also better
    paladins have similar one to druids with bubble on a 5 minute cd
    WoG is also significant and lay on hands is still retarded powerful
    shamans have stoneclaw totem and that's ONLY while glyphed 18k absorb
    Again, self-heals galore. Enhancement also have their wolves as a very decent selfhealing CD.

We're kinda hanging out with druids, shamans and mages with the worst survivability now but before we undoubtedly had the worst.
    So all in all, even assuming playing Marks spec (5% hp on chimera) with 2/2 spirit bond (+10% healing/+2% hp per 10s), very akward to use glyphes raptor strike and the new 30% on Deterrence, and even ignoring the not so insignificant dps loss from all that, i stand by the "hunters have the worst survivability"

you're completely ignoring the fact that deterrence, while does not work on everything, can completely trivialise parts of encounters because it negates 100% of the damage taken.

You can avoid an entire shard explosion on madness
    You can save yourself from death from the corruption smash if your healers are struggling.
    You can prevent the damage incoming when the debuff starts stacking when blistering tentacles spawn on madness
    Ultraxion: hour of twilight

And i wouldn't be surprised if it worked on shockwave/shout on ship as well, though I have never had the need to do it.

Only 2 other classes (pala/mage) and rogue can for magical damage can mitigate damage like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're probably just another reroll hunter so you don't get to call a flame war

You're more likely to be a reroll hunter than me, i'll have you know ive been playing a hunter for 2 and a half years and have a rank 1 and loads of top 20 parses from t10>t13, so clearly just shut up and go away when you have no idea. Better hunter than you as well thats for damn sure considering you think they are fine, no theyre not fine, and that is a fact.

Both pve and pvp we are subpar, not sure where you get this idea that hunters are fine in normals either (probably the deluded world that you live in), theyre not.. just you're playing against shit players and probably topping lfr and thats your evidence to think we are fine. Go against some decent players and not some random crap ones and youll get your arse handed to you.

Subpar in 3 or 4 encounters? rofl.. hunters are crap in every single encounter, its always more beneficial to bring a different class (aka caster with legendary) unless you play 10 man, but this isnt about 10 man (and even then if you have the players you still dont need them).

---------- Post added 2012-01-15 at 01:24 PM ----------

Again.. any words ever going to come out of your mouth? hunters are not competitive in any encounter. Stop talking complete crap saying they are when its only against the shittest players hunters can actually compete.

Why do you think we are getting buffed? for the lols? no.. because we are completely useless in heroic progression, and thats what the classes should be balanced around because people are playing the class to the almost maximum potential.
    Last edited by TJ; 2012-01-15 at 01:26 PM.

Deleted
    And it gets personal again, horray for internet hostility.

The buffs are welcome, not much else and if blizzard doesnt change the aoth in mist the same problem will acure again in t17 or whatever~_~

Oh thank god! let me just re-sub... oh wait, we're still in DS... never mind forget it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whylde View Post
    And it gets personal again, horray for internet hostility.
    Hey i dont start them, i just reply.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    You're more likely to be a reroll hunter than me, i'll have you know ive been playing a hunter for 2 and a half years and have a rank 1 and loads of top 20 parses from t10>t13, so clearly just shut up and go away when you have no idea. Better hunter than you as well thats for damn sure considering you think they are fine, no theyre not fine, and that is a fact.

Both pve and pvp we are subpar, not sure where you get this idea that hunters are fine in normals either (probably the deluded world that you live in), theyre not.. just you're playing against shit players and probably topping lfr and thats your evidence to think we are fine. Go against some decent players and not some random crap ones and youll get your arse handed to you.

Subpar in 3 or 4 encounters? rofl.. hunters are crap in every single encounter, its always more beneficial to bring a different class (aka caster with legendary) unless you play 10 man, but this isnt about 10 man (and even then if you have the players you still dont need them).

---------- Post added 2012-01-15 at 01:24 PM ----------

Again.. any words ever going to come out of your mouth? hunters are not competitive in any encounter. Stop talking complete crap saying they are when its only against the shittest players hunters can actually compete.

Why do you think we are getting buffed? for the lols? no.. because we are completely useless in heroic progression, and thats what the classes should be balanced around because people are playing the class to the almost maximum potential.
    Im sorry did your dad touch you again? Are you mad bro? I've been playing hunter for far longer than you ,Not saying you're a bad player just that you have such a bad fucking attitude that im just gonna place you in the same pile as everyother scrub. You're opinion does not matter neither do you! You made that very clear on your first post.Now go fuck yourself mate

Worst troll I've seen so far. Enjoy your forum vacation.

Love and Kisses, Asrialol.
    Last edited by Asrialol; 2012-01-15 at 07:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Hey i dont start them, i just reply.
    Next time, dont bother replying, it's honestly not worth it.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    well compare it to other classes:

warriors have shield wall on a 4 minute cd and rallying cry which doesn't stack with each other
    rallying cry is raid wide cd which makes it better than anything that hunter has. They also have enraged regeneration and passive 5% dmg reduction for nothing and on top of that shield wall which, granted, will reduce their dps by huge ammount but our detterance will reduce is by up to 95% (only pet can actually dps and w/o focus from our crits it wont do anything noticeable)
    druids have barkskin which is only 20% but 1minute cd, ferals ofc have survival instincts but that's 3 minutes and not baseline, can count bear form maybe but it's not usually viable.
    and on top of that tranquality. All of them better than detterance and only tranquality, which is raid wide, makes them stop dpsing.
    mages have mana shield which is 12 seconds but absorbs like 14k damage, iceblock with a 5 minute cd and mage ward that only absorbs fire/frost/arcane and as far as i know there's none of those damage types in DS apart from yor'sahj red blob.
    and cauterize. Problem is their dmg is VASTLY superior to ours
    warlocks have spirit link so they kind of beat us
    nothing to add
    priests have bubbles in every spec plus shadow is basically immortal beats us a lot.
    nothing to add, other than they lose much less dps during dispersion than we do during detterance
    rogue no question, better than us
    nothing to add
    dks also better
    nothing to add
    [/quote]paladins have similar one to druids with bubble on a 5 minute cd[/quote] still better than us
    shamans have stoneclaw totem and that's ONLY while glyphed 18k absorb
    umm shamanistic rage= 30% dmg reduction every 1 min, that doesnt stop you from dpsing
    Elemental can specc into passive 10% reduction
    Resto has spirit link, ancestral resolve and bonus healing taken

We're kinda hanging out with druids, shamans and mages with the worst survivability now but before we undoubtedly had the worst.
    druids have better survival solely due to being able to dps during it
    shamans are superior to us and mages have VASTLY superior dps and even if they are about to die they can pop iceblock (lose less dps than we do since tons of their dmg comes form dots) and then they still have cauterize...
    So yeah, we are still class with the worst defensive cooldowns and we will continue to be one as long aswe cant dps during detterance. We simply need another skill that gives us like 25% dmg reduction with 1 min cd or sumthin (gief old roar of sacrifice) rather than this detterance change.