Do operative's really need the cover ability?

So yeah, why do my operative still have the cover ability?

I never ever use it, maybe someone does, but at least let us who don't hide it in the preferences.

I use it.

If you pull aggro, you can easily negate a lot of incoming damage by diving for cover. Heck. If, for some reason, my group doesn't have a tank, I have no problems with sleeping a monster and tanking the others with healing and grenades while behind cover.

Like a lot of the tools in our kit, it might not be useful all the time, but when a situation calls for it, Cover is an amazing ability to have.

Hide it? If you don't use it (and I doubt an Operative would), simply remove the ability from your bar and/or remove the keybinding (F or Shift+F) and wallah! You'll have no way of going into Cover

I use it
    healing from behind cover is cool

You'll still have the annoying green man covering. But yeah I guess it have it's uses. But would still love an option to hide it completely.

Deleted
    if you're goin medic you should use it (if possible) you'll at least aggro one or two mobs of every pack pulled and avoiding ranged damage is quite helpful.

as concealment you should be in melee range, so cover is useless

Deleted
    It's still useful as an Operative. Grenade Probe does alot of damage still for an Operative, Snipe is also useful if you can't get to an enemy, and the general cover bonus still has uses.

Deleted
    I would suggest to bind ALL of your abilities. There are plenty situations where cover, snipe and healing behind cover would help you. Knowing your class' abilities by heart would make you a better player

useful in pvp for escaping a melee, or dropping an explosive prob for some added dmg

Deleted
    I used cover to beat some ranged boss fights that I was finding a bit tough. Plus I like rolling into cover and popping an explosive probe followed by a snipe on someone for a bit of burst.

I don't use it often, but I still use it enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Effbee View Post
    Hide it? If you don't use it (and I doubt an Operative would), simply remove the ability from your bar and/or remove the keybinding (F or Shift+F) and wallah! You'll have no way of going into Cover
    I normally don't do this, and I really do not mean any offense. It's Voila, a french term. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/voila

Better it's pointed out this way than potentially getting mocked IRL, I suppose...

As for the topic: Cover is more for Snipers/Gunslingers. Operatives/Scoundrels don't use it as much, if at all. You still have the Cover ability because it was needed for sub-level 10.