Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Current content isn't really that difficult, in comparison to the number of things thrown at you in a WoW encounters. Honestly, I attribute that to the lack of a DBM-like mod. You can't really put in a lot of the mechanics that WoW does with out a mod like that.
    No. The games are designed to be playable without mods. There are people that play wow and can down everything without DBM or the like. Hell, the encounters in EQ were twice the size at 54 man, and some of the end game fights were at least as challenging as the HM Raids. OMM comes to mind as does a few I cant remember the names to. We downed those encounters without any addons.

Quote Originally Posted by goblinator View Post
    Go to youtube and search Eternity Vault raid, prepared to be amazed.
    That was one of the blandest things I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by jac_Arcanis View Post
    Yeah, I saw them tank and spank a robot then los around a pillar... it looks decent like rift, it'll probably last a little longer because they copied wow but remembered to make it a different genre so it wasn't in direct competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Yeah, I saw them tank and spank a robot then los around a pillar... it looks decent like rift, it'll probably last a little longer because they copied wow but remembered to make it a different genre so it wasn't in direct competition.
    Because Molten Core bosses were much more advanced. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    world pvp on Illum, ... hard mode, nightmare mode... yeah I guess thats nothing lol not to mention that they are adding new quests and yet another flash point as well as the expanded bosses in the content patch in the next couple of weeks...
    1) Win Trading != World PvP on Ilum. 1.1.0 will also not change that on Ilum
    2) Hardmode is still easier then normalmode WoW.
    3) I doubt that they'll add new quests anytime soon. They should rather focus on the Legacy System to make rerolling more interesting. I'm currently holding it off because of the "additional char creation options".

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Because Molten Core bosses were much more advanced. Right?
    SWTOR is competing with Molten Core? Uh oh...
    Never mind, that does seem to be the mind set in these responses:
    "WoW was like that 7 years ago!"
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jac_Arcanis View Post
    Most raid bosses are pretty bland until they get some more experience doing them. Daoc, first raid was zerg, dispell. MC, zerg, dispell. EQ, Zerg. There's a pattern here. But you'll notice in each of those games, the first expansion brought forth better mechanics.

If I had to fight a boss in a landspeeder, which healing my party right now it would be very rough.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    SWTOR is competing with Molten Core? Uh oh...
    Never mind, that does seem to be the mind set in these responses:
    "WoW was like that 7 years ago!"
    Company creates first MMO and everyone expects the initial week 1 content to blow everything out of the water that came before it.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Company creates first MMO and everyone expects the initial week 1 content to blow everything out of the water that came before it.
    There's a big difference between "blow everything out of the water that came before it" and competing with 7 year-old Molten Core.
    Why didn't Bioware copy the compelling raid content, since it appears to have copied everything else?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a big difference between "blow everything out of the water that came before it" and competing with 7 year-old Molten Core.
    Why didn't Bioware copy the compelling raid content, since it appears to have copied everything else?
    I don't buy that they did simply just lift things whole cloth but we'll put that aside for a second. It's simply not as easy as "OH THEY COULD JUST COPY WHAT BLIZZARD DID". That's not how it works. They are different engines, with different capabilities and restrictions and each company has different programmers and developers. Check the last boss of EV out, SOA. That better illustrates the potential they have for the raid bosses in this game. Its look hell of a lot more fun than Madness of deathwing IMO:

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    I don't buy that they did simply just lift things whole cloth but we'll put that aside for a second. It's simply not as easy as "OH THEY COULD JUST COPY WHAT BLIZZARD DID". That's not how it works. They are different engines, with different capabilities and restrictions and each company has different programmers and developers. Check the last boss of EV out, SOA. That better illustrates the potential they have for the raid bosses in this game. Its look hell of a lot more fun than Madness of deathwing IMO:
    A lot of this. We're only seeing the beginning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiding is kind of boring...pvp is fun..Idk, thats about it really LOL
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how there seems to be 2 groups of h8ers out there and yet both seem to contradict each other:

First one claims that ToR is too much like WoW, hence the "ROFL!!!11! WoW with lightsabers!!" popular term. And the 2nd group claims that it needs more of the WoW features that apparently seems to be the greatest thing since sliced bread (DBM, threat and DPS meters, cross server LFD/BG, arenas......... so on so forth.)

Just something I noticed

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait kind of boring...No its hella boring its the same thing nothing new, Kill adds there, Line of sight, attack boss
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post

Meh, to each his own. That fight doesn't look compelling at all to me. A bunch of big gaps where the group stands around waiting for platforms to drop or the boss to arrive. Members occasionally being tossed around similar to WoW Vanilla (Maexxna, Thaddius, C'Thun). Occasional port of a lone raid member ala Lich King or Gandling in Scholomance. Lure the boss to an area that will make him vulnerable. Pretty stock stuff. Maybe it's more fun in practice than it looks, but definitely not "amazed" as was posted here earlier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, to each his own. That fight doesn't look compelling at all to me. A bunch of big gaps where the group stands around waiting for platforms to drop or the boss to arrive. Members occasionally being tossed around similar to WoW Vanilla (Maexxna, Thaddius, C'Thun). Occasional port of a lone raid member ala Lich King or Gandling in Scholomance. Lure the boss to an area that will make him vulnerable. Pretty stock stuff. Maybe it's more fun in practice than it looks, but definitely not "blown away" as was posted here earlier.
    The guild that did clear that boss and made that video had nothing but good things to say but we'll table that for a moment. The real trick in that boss comes down to awareness (avoiding the lightening which you failed to mention), co-ordination (moving as a team from platform to platform) and breaking people out of the mind traps so that you have enough dps to down him in the last phase. If SOA is evidence of the direction they want to take raiding in the game then yea were good. If that doesn't appeal to you well Madness of Deathwing will be around for another 6 months. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-01-10 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerion View Post
    The operations are incredibly easy. Even on hard/nightmare there are virtually no mechanic changes but just a bit more hp and damage. Every boss so far save for Soa are basically loot pinatas.

Oh, they're also incredibly buggy as well.
    the game has only been out a short while and without addon support atm like dbm which wow has complex mechanics will be a little too much atm, as time progresses more complex bosses will emerge and bugs will be eliminated although there will always be bugs around no matter what. These first few operations will ease the guilds into it and help players learn to play the classes better and get a feel for whats to come.

Quote Originally Posted by stompyomouf View Post
    No. The games are designed to be playable without mods. There are people that play wow and can down everything without DBM or the like. Hell, the encounters in EQ were twice the size at 54 man, and some of the end game fights were at least as challenging as the HM Raids. OMM comes to mind as does a few I cant remember the names to. We downed those encounters without any addons.
    without addon support like dbm and timers for dots and procs you cant play at max level, you cant effectively kill a boss on hard modes, raggy hc a whole raid without addons you would never kil it especially before the latest nerf and timers are pretty much essential, wow has evolved to be used with addons and most hard modes if the whole raid runs without it you will most likely not kill it, not to mention some addons are so essential to classes like warlocks to manage dots and procs to get 100%.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2012-01-10 at 12:22 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...-pts-build-1-1

datamined info 3 new bosses and a new planet!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanieshaman View Post
    http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...-pts-build-1-1

datamined info 3 new bosses and a new planet!?
    Looks like that patch will have a bit more than they're telling us hrmmm

Deleted
    because a big part of their players has never played wow or raided hardcore (or even at all) maybe ?
    Why does everyone expect that the SW players are all hardcore raiders that want bosses they can't down for months.
    There is a reason that first raids in mmo's are usually pretty easy, players need to learn how to do them in this new game/play their toons/work as a team etc and they dont want their playerbase to hit a brickwall on the first few raids because that will only lead to more people quiting as that few that love hard content that might quit if it's to 'easy'
    I'm sure we'll see a upwards curve in the difficulty of upcoming raids once the game has settled in.
    Last edited by mmocffc62feb06; 2012-01-10 at 12:28 AM.