Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I lvld one for fun, turns out they're hella fun, I met someone lvling a shadow priest turns out he had 5 more that were lvl 80 LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontificate View Post
    Dude everybody plays one. Hell I've got two.
    You only have two? Slacker
    this gave me a good chuckle.

rarely see spriests in 10m raids in blackrock.. mostly cause they have pretty much 0 raid utlity.. they are trumped by boomkins on haste aura + motw who gets trumped by ele shamans for 5% haste/10% melee haste 5%crit+ 10% spellpower totem+lust.. which works well with mages

other than mana regen i really dont see people using spriests at all. its mainly rogues.

Back during WotLK I used to main a priest but she was Disc. I made for an awful awful awful Spriest in ICC days lol ever since Cata came about and I HATE the changes they made to disc I changed my priests MS to shadow, that said my priest does not raid anything but LFR very rarely but most priests I see still seem to be holy/disc. It's rare I come across a guild with a Spriest. That said I also don't see any guilds that are also searching for spriests to fill their ranks (Mind you I don't actually look since my main is a H Pally and i'm quitting raiding)

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Haha. I set up a priest as my 2nd main alt, played shadow for ages before deciding to go disc. I wanted to have all 3 roles you see?

I once knew a girl on my old server who played a SPriest (this was mid patch TBC I reckon). She was asked to role as a healer for some raiding, but didn't want to tarnish her Shadowbitch. So she set up an alt. Got to 70, decided raiding wasn't for her, went shadow 0_o

Last I heard she had 3 seperate level 70 priests (one was levelling during Wrath). Dunno where the 3rd come from, but she did really enjoy shadow 0_o

Quote Originally Posted by Moonicoff View Post
    Seriously, look in the EU guild recrutment forum on here and try and find a 10man guild looking for a SP, cos i've been looking for the past few days to no avail.
    considered that this might be the base of the problem?

not sure what kind of progress youre into, so i went for kinda medium, looking between 3/8 and 5/8 hc. i went to official game forums, realm forums and picked random realm (ok, not THAT random, went for something eyes-attracting :P) this is what i found:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1035534491

if something is not on these particular forums it doesnt mean that it doesnt exist

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    Shadow priests bring very little in terms of raid buffs to a 10man raid. If you're trying to optimise your setup chances are a different class / spec would bring more.
    Stamina buff? Shadow Resistance? Vampiric Embrace? Replenishment? +5% Spell Haste?

Mana/Healing Hymn? Being able to survive most one-shot abilities? (Dispersion)

Yeah, useless spec </sarcasm>
    Educate the community: X-Perl is dead. Stop using it!

Couple million players
    10 classes
    Duel spec on a class that has 2 healing and 1 DPS
    Want a raiding guild.

Im failing to see how you are surprised that there are Shadow priests.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the wannabes warlocks play them because they're easier :P

Jokes aside, I have seen an incredible amount of them lately (not that iv been on that much lately). I thought they were nerfed in 4.3?

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Jokes aside, I have seen an incredible amount of them lately (not that iv been on that much lately). I thought they were nerfed in 4.3?
    Well, yes and no.

Our T12 4PC bonus was nerfed. We got kind of crappy 2PC and "not bad" 4PC bonus for T13.

It's just that some casters got buffed, but they didn't really change anything for us, so that kind of feels like a nerf, while not being a direct nerf.

I've been playing an SPriest since... ever! Started playing a priest back in BC with the intent of healing, but then I discovered Shadowform and never looked back.

There are definitely more SPriest these days than they used to be (ever since we got buffed in 4.0.6). My current guild has 5 SPriests in the roster. Too bad we're too dependent on raid buffs to perform well.
    Educate the community: X-Perl is dead. Stop using it!

Quote Originally Posted by Moonicoff View Post
    Ok, this is a QQ venitng thread. no lies. SO here goes....

Back in TBC I decided to swap from a hunter to my priest cos I enojyed it more. Also back then they did aweful DPS but supplied amazing buffs for every caster. Needless to say everyone wanted to be in a group with one but no one wanted to play one. Thankfully because of this I managed to get into a fantastic raid group and enjoyed all of TBC content.

Now when WotLK hit Blizz had the fanstastic, bring the player not the class, idea. So all my raid buffs were taken away and I was made to be just another mundane caster. However the years went by and we got buffed and now in Cata we do descent competetive DPS.

However now I'm stook with the complete oposite problem i had in TBC. I'm a skilled player with a well geared charecter however I can't find a group anywhere cos' no one is looking for a SP cos they already have one. Seriously, look in the EU guild recrutment forum on here and try and find a 10man guild looking for a SP, cos i've been looking for the past few days to no avail.

Thanks for reading my mini rant..

Mooni
    If you weren't competitive in WOLTK, you were doing it wrong. I have been playing an spriest since vanilla (I was only allowed to raid shadow for BWL and MC, our farm content) and made a permanent switch to raiding shadow when TBC was released. Some fights are naturally better for us than others but, I have never had a problem being competitive. The last 2 xpacs, I am very, very rarely out of the top five and most of the time, the top in damage done.

Quote Originally Posted by Znuff View Post
    Stamina buff? Shadow Resistance? Vampiric Embrace? Replenishment? +5% Spell Haste?

Mana/Healing Hymn? Being able to survive most one-shot abilities? (Dispersion)

Yeah, useless spec </sarcasm>
    He didn't say that spriests were useless, he said that we bring very little to a 10 man where maximizing the buffs you need is super important. Our buffs are all covered by other classes at this point, VE is helpful but not nearly as important as it used to be, extra hymn is nice but most spriests don't use it.

Redsparrow and Arlee are correct - buff diversity is probably the biggest flaw in the shadowpriest class.

Put it this way, you have a 10-man, you are only allowed to bring 2-3 ranged dps, you need to cover the following dps buffs:

5% haste
    5% crit
    5% crit debuff
    spellpower buff
    spellpower debuff
    3% damage buff
    dark intent
    heroism

Shadowpriest: 1
    Balance Druid: 2
    Mage: 2 of 3
    Warlock: 3/4
    Shaman: 3/4

You bring 2 shadowpriests you're pretty !@#$ed in the caster damage buff department. Some melee and healers can bring buffs to make up for it, if they even bother to care about you.

And the issue really is - even if you are the best player in the world, at a certain point in doing heroic level content, you're going to hit that DPS wall eventually, and people are going to start looking at buffs and who is bringing what... god help you if the group already has a shaman or balance druid in the group, because they already brought your buff and more.

And you can guess what classes in that list they really want?
    Last edited by Kilee25; 2012-01-11 at 07:49 PM.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

15+ Year Old Account
    To be blunt though - I doubt you are as good as you think you are - my guild is full on spriests - but if we had a really good app we'd trial them and make it work because I <3 spriests - but pretty much all spriests I meet think they are too good to take advice or quit under the pressure to learn/perform.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

frostmane ally side ive seen like 3-4 guilds 25 and 10 man looking for shadow priests.

Also theres plenty of bad shadows , a few mediocre ones and even less good ones from my experience of playing shadow for last 5yrs.