Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question 4.3.2: the death of the PvP tank?

"Classes: General
    Vengeance is no longer triggered by receiving damage from other players."

will this mean the death of prot wars/palas, blood dks and bear droods in PvP? discuss

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would it.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    I dont see how changing a pally move kills other classes o:

Deleted
    Hopefully. Tanks are not supposed to deal damage. Blood DK's have been absolutely ridiculous since cataclysm.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaphiroc View Post
    I dont see how changing a pally move kills other classes o:
    Vengeance is not a paladin move oO
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=93098/vengeance
    every tank-spec has that

Stood in the Fire themightysven's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The virtue of the PvP tank spec isn't that it does a metric tonne of damage, it's that the opponent can burn all their cooldowns and not finish them off. Think of the scene in V for Vendetta when all the soldiers empty their clips at V and he simply says, "my turn"
    Ewok Sith Lords are all about Agility

Quote Originally Posted by themightysven View Post
    The virtue of the PvP tank spec isn't that it does a metric tonne of damage, it's that the opponent can burn all their cooldowns and not finish them off. Think of the scene in V for Vendetta when all the soldiers empty their clips at V and he simply says, "my turn"
    I think this is the best reasoning I've ever seen to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Why would it.
    Because tanks will be losing thousands of Attack Power. It will be noticeable.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will be difficult for the Tanks that now are forced to tank and not beat the crap out of enemies.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomisk View Post
    Because tanks will be losing thousands of Attack Power. It will be noticeable.
    So what? They should do "tank damage", not "dps damage".
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

It's about time those blood dks stop tanking like 5 people. It's a joke - I watch the recorded fraps footage for the laughs.

Already 50 threads on this.............

Good riddance, Blood was bullshit
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Exactly..? So it affects the life of the pvp tank. Not being able to compare their damage to Dps specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanks have always been great in PVP, even prior to Vengeance... This will only make the FOTMs go back to frost mage is all.

15+ Year Old Account
    So all of the healers dmg abilities will be removed too and all dps' damage reducing abilities will be removed? Yeah nice balance... You know this hurts warriors the most.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

They'll mostly be flag carriers again.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    It's about time those blood dks stop tanking like 5 people. It's a joke - I watch the recorded fraps footage for the laughs.
    This won't change. they will still be able to bash the crap out of melees because the way there bloodshield is called for has no connection to vengeance. The only change here is that it will take a little longer to wack them.. Still, they will still be standing and laugh at your corpse :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia View Post
    So all of the healers dmg abilities will be removed too and all dps' damage reducing abilities will be removed? Yeah nice balance... You know this hurts warriors the most.
    So it was balanced before when I could roll blood, hit two buttons, and keep up in damage with dps while being damn near unkillable? Get out of here
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

They are currently doing "tank damage." Vengeance is a fundamental part of "tank damage." Without it, they are no longer doing "tank damage."

Seriously, use some common sense.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    They are currently doing "tank damage." Vengeance is a fundamental part of "tank damage." Without it, they are no longer doing "tank damage."

Seriously, use some common sense.
    Sorry Vengeance shouldn't have applied in PVP, As a rogue I don't have to worry about it since I got shiv and all but to other classes? No just no.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia View Post
    Blood DK was with stacked vengeance hit harder then a rogues ambush, if I start outhealing resto shamans or holy palas or... you can take away my self healing abilities.