Quick question about windows install.

So my new motherboard is coming tomorrow and I just realized I need to do a fresh install of windows to go from 32 bit to 64 bit. Problem is my new MoBo doesnt have an IDE spot for my dvd drive. I dont have a usb drive big enough or have any other way of installing it.

Is it possible to install windows 64 bit on my old MoBo and then change MoBos and run that hard drive?

Dumb question but I just dont want to reformat for nothing -_-

It's not a good idea to do so. Far better to find a friend with a Sata drive to come over and help you, or better - to buy a new DVD drive (they're only like $30)!

The only way I can think of doing it would be to mount an ISO as a partition prior to booting, and then using a linux bootloader to mount the ISO as a CD drive and boot it, and then use that to install with. Various Google results here >> http://www.google.com/search?q=BOOT+TO+CD+IMAGE+ON+HDD

In short, no - don't install Windows to your old mobo and then put the HDD in your new PC. It'll cause many, many issues. And could trip your activation count.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.