Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

4.3 Progression Heroic (2/8 HC ATM) Hunter or warrior

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kfriend/simple

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rkstone/simple

I started raiding on my hunter in 4.2 because we needed a hunter for certain fights and needed a BM hunter for bloodlust. However, I like warriors better, but I'm willing to raid on whatever helps raid progression better. We have yorsahj and morchok down heroic, and starting to work on warlord next. (Last month was a pain for getting everyone on for raid what with holidays). So, Hunter or Arms warrior. (I stance dance/macro everything as warrior.) I'm willing to raid on one for a certain fight if its needed to have that class (like I hear hunter for heroic Hag) but I'd like to stick with one or the other.

I also have a noob frost DK (only like 384 ilvl) who I could raid on if he'd be better then either for certain fights.

PS: I think warrior is better then hunter for all but Hagra, just wanted to check w/ other raiders to make sure.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2012-01-10 at 05:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors are strong in DS. Hunters are not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that, but its more about specific mechanics. Just wanted to make sure! Thanks.

Ranged is also favored unless you have to use the warrior for tanking. In that case, warrior is better.

Hunter is pretty much useless this Tier. They provide incredibly low DPS and won't compare to the ST damage that Warrior will provide, particularly as Arms. Even on Hagara they're nothing special.

Go Warrior.

Also, you have to take into consideration, Does your raid still need the Bloodlust from your hunter? If so, i think you should stick with the hunter, as it benefits the group more than you doing a bit extra dps.

Deleted
    Warriors might be better DPS than hunters in DS but it's hard to judge without knowing your raid comp. If your raid needs bloodlust and 3% dmg then BM hunter could easily be better. If your raid lacks ranged DPS (for Zon'ozz and Gunship) then hunter could easily be better. If your raid is currently not using any agi mail but already has a plate str user then hunter could be better.

Tell us your raid comp.

Deleted
    Well our warrior is usually our top dps on the fight, but the hunter as BM gives 3% dmg increase and BM(if none of our shamans are there) figure out which one gives the best buffs to the raid and how many ranged you already have, or rather how many melee as melee are the least favored on most fights.

Deleted
    The only fight Hunter will be better than warrior could be for hagara hc, ice phase. 30% speed for all members

10+ Year Old Account
    Fury warrior
    Ret pally OS/ Prot MS
    Prot pally
    Shad priest
    Boomkin
    Resto shammy/ele shammy
    Holy/disc priest
    Holy pally
    Aff lock

So I have 30% bleed and 4% phys damage as arms, which I only can bring one of those as hunter. And i'm either top, or 2nd top w/ our fury warrior, who has 6 item levels on me, 4p, and heroic bone link.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2012-01-11 at 02:52 AM.

You need the BM hunter for Hero...you have a Shaman.
    I don't care if WoW steals ideas from another game. I just wish they'd steal aoe looting.

Deleted
    It seems u got bl already from ur shaman, for taking only the hunter for that 3% is not kinda worth it when u can do better with the warr, so go with the warrior

If you know what you're doing with both toons, it should be up to you what class to play. Every class has its strength and weaknesses and anyone who tells you otherwise is just biased. This is assuming you're not going for world firsts or stuff like that where you need to class stack and all that bs.

If you can do equal dps witht he warrior and hunter (as BM) then id personally choose the Hunter, as the 3% damage increase benefits all, and you could also bring the 4% physical damage, therefore buffing the whole groups damage, not just a portion of the raid, saying that, there is only you and the Fury warrior that would benefit from the 30% bleed debuff damage.

Basically, the way im seeing it, is if your pulling similar dps with both, then choose the hunter (which also means you wont have to compete with anyone for gear too), and the Hunter can bring more to help the raid out with 3% damage for all and 4% physical damage taken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior.. dear god pick your warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good I needed ammo to convince the GM. Its warrior then.

Even with the AP buff, a hunter has zero hope of getting picked over a caster with orange.

Go for the warrior. One of the strongest melee out there, great utility, and can tank.

There's no reason to have two dps warriors in a 10m. The existing warrior should go arms, and you should play your using a wolf pet to cover buffs. Hunter is also quite a bit more geared than the warrior and it'd be real shitty to your raid to drop that become a loot sponge.

Realistically if you wanted to fill a useful class into that 10th spot you would be a rogue or a mage.
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual

On one hand, your warrior will do more damage on most fights, has mitigation abilities and a raid cooldown. On the other hand, your group is caster heavy, so the 30% bleed and 4% physical are pretty small increases when compared to the 3% increased damage. overall the additional utility and damage from the warrior would put you about even on most fights, so it's really down to what you enjoy more.

10+ Year Old Account
    The other warrior won't go arms. The hunter is only 3 ilevels above warrior, and warrior is better DPS, and we have a ret pally for 3% damage.