Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Sub announcement to be made around the 22nd Jan.

A friend at EA said the next sub announcement will be made around the 22nd Jan and things are looking very healthy, also bioware have a long string of content updates for the rest of the year including more flashpoints/ operations / guild capital ships and improved guild management functions.

My friend from Bioware said the sub numbers are very different than what they hoped.

Nice. I'm glad they're adding content, I just hope they fix the FPS issues, ability delay and some of the more annoying bugs. Some UI customizability (at least abilities to move stuff around and scale it down) would be nice too, but I'd rather have the former two mentions prior to the latter or any additional content.

My friend from Blizzard said WoW has lost 12 billion subs this month. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    Nice. I'm glad they're adding content, I just hope they fix the FPS issues, ability delay and some of the more annoying bugs. Some UI customizability (at least abilities to move stuff around and scale it down) would be nice too, but I'd rather have the former two mentions prior to the latter or any additional content.
    ^ This this this

Also Marauders need a defense boost, they do some amazing damage. Yet they are a glass cannon that sits in melee, makes no sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    My friend from Blizzard said WoW has lost 12 billion subs this month. :P
    How can they lose 12 billion when they have 10 million? Your friend must be a troll!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    My friend in the New World Order told me that by February, all of us filthy capitalist pigdogs would be bowing at the heal of Commandant Von Flibble and his army of mutant beavers.

MY friend said this post won't end well!
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Really Bob? I'm finding my queues getting longer and longer.

EA is having an earnings announcement Jan 30th and I'm looking forward to what the numbers released are. I would guess 2-3million at least purchased the game, I'm hoping for 1.5-2million still subscribed (aka first months fee) at the earning call. It would be awesome if it is more, but we will see.

Deleted
    My friend from Zeta Reticuli said that the invasion is due on the 20/12/2012 our calendar. Dose not Mean its true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob from Accounting View Post
    It doesn't take a genius or an economist (which is the same thing in my book) to see a high number of players are not impressed at all by the game. This game does not stand a chance at competing with wow. It's an average game which will mostly cater to the SW fans and SWG exiles but for the masses ? Nope. In 6 months, this game will be at Rift's level: not as crap as age of conan but still lightyears behind wow.
    Yeah it's sad and bothersome people demand perfection off the bat, when they gave wow 7 years to product what it has now. This game can be amazing if given at least half the time of wow or less. I'll probably stick to this game, wow bores me and I don't like the direction its going. It's QOL and features I'd like to see in SWTOR though. I think SWTOR can be healthy though. Forget the masses. They don't know what they want and constantly complain about everything. Before BC came out, the community for WoW was a million times better than it is now.

Shit, so many games nowadays released buggy or "unfinished" and have patches and DLC that fix things later. I'd though people would be used to this by now.

My friend at McDonald's said they're joining in the MMO business later this year and it's gonna be a SWTOR killer.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Good news Vizzle, I'm rolling hamburgler!

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Really Bob? I'm finding my queues getting longer and longer.

EA is having an earnings announcement Jan 30th and I'm looking forward to what the numbers released are. I would guess 2-3million at least purchased the game, I'm hoping for 1.5-2million still subscribed (aka first months fee) at the earning call. It would be awesome if it is more, but we will see.
    My ques are down to 6min and I'm a hunter what game are you playing?

Also, they released a statement already saying there sub base was at 250k...so uh yea nice try but no cigar.

Want to link me that statement please redrumpanda?

You realize that the queues are based on server, not what class you play, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    My friend at McDonald's said they're joining in the MMO business later this year and it's gonna be a SWTOR killer.
    Why become so targeted when they're already a general populace killer?

I don't know why keep bringing up the shopping list of things that need fix when we're still seeing hotfixes and patches for WoW on the front page of MMO-Champ. Forget it people, now that you can get patched so easily, not just for PC, but also with your PS3 and X-Box console games they are going to be content with games being buggy at release, and they realised that the majority of players will be content too.

Back in the days of SEGA Megadrive/SNES (albeit a time when games were much smaller and simpler) you were not able to patch a game, to it had to be bug free. MMO's and even single player games (I'm looking at you Skyrim) can be riddled with bugs as long as you are able to get the community to find them and then the developer can see how many people it affects, then fix it if it's over a certain threshold.

Deleted
    Piece of advice: Log-out, come back and see what bunch of dicks you look like from the side walk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but what I just quoted makes no sense whatsoever.

Btw, even after server cap increases my wait times are still over an hr.

Quote Originally Posted by redruMPanda View Post

Also, they released a statement already saying there sub base was at 250k...so uh yea nice try but no cigar.

Another person who doesn't understand the meaning of concurrent.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by redruMPanda View Post

Not sure where you pulled that number from, as they Sold over a million physical copies and countless digital copies.

So would easily say more than 250k.