Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Pain is not exclusive to humans.

The pictures speak louder than anything that I could possibly write here.

I see a bird killing another bird and then roaring in triumph.

I'm sorry.. I don't follow

Of course pain isn't exclusive to humans. Anyone that thinks otherwise is just plain ignorant. Same for other emotions/feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    I lol'd. But only a little.

I laughed openly, am I bad person? Nah.

Deleted
    Is this about emotional pain? Bird crying over his friends death? Look more like he yells in victory after a battle.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    Of course pain isn't exclusive to humans. Anyone that thinks otherwise is just plain ignorant. Same for other emotions/feelings.

I lol'd. But only a little.

Emotions yes, feelings no. You cant hurt an animals feelings by doing something to evoke an emotion as feelings implies a longevity of emotion that animals do not possess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much this.

Left bird: See this?! THIS is what happens when you make eggs with my woman!
    Right bird: You don't deserve her! All you do is stay out all night at the bird fountain with your buddies. She doesn't deserve that kind of neglect.
    LEft bird: That's IT! *inhales sharply* FUS RO DAH!!!
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

that bird is clearly yelling "FOR THE HORDE!!!" after killing that other evil alliance bird..

so yes the alliance do feel pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjtrdpSwEUY

This is an example that I learned about long ago in grade school, the elephant mourning ritual.
    Last edited by Doubt; 2012-01-10 at 08:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    Emotions yes, feelings no. You cant hurt an animals feelings by doing something to evoke an emotion as feelings implies a longevity of emotion that animals do not possess.
    We don't have feelings either then because we ARE animals too.

And your statement is wrong because it is obvious through studies that elephants for example have feelings.
    They can remember an old person who treated them badly (in a zoo for example) and will try to either harm of even kill that person when he gets close to them ever again. (months of abuse for example).
    Also, see video above.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0L6uW9nOxY (also sad video)

10+ Year Old Account
    good shit. i approve this msg.

Quote Originally Posted by ThargixEchoes View Post
    They can remember an old person who treated them badly (in a zoo for example) and will try to either harm of even kill that person when he gets close to them ever again. (months of abuse for example).
    Are you aware that this is basic skill enforced by instinct and evolution for almost every animal with lifespan longer than a year?
    It's just ability to remember dangers, distinguish and avoid them later in future. If you beat dog / cat / cow it will be afraid of you in the future. It will be agressive if it has no escape route left or if it believes it can take you down.

Which brings us to emotions - most animals do have emotions like fear, anger, feeling of safety, curiosity etc. Those are enforced by instinct to increase chances of survival. That doesn't mean they suddenly are capable of love and abstract thinking.

And your statement is wrong because it is obvious through studies that elephants for example have feelings.
    Do you mean that video above with elephants touching bones? That's one theory, but i prefer the one with elephants studying bones for signs of danger. Like "Are those elephant bones?", "did this elephant die from old age?", "are those bones fresh?".
    I don't think animals are capable of mourning.

And please don't come with an example of a dog lying near the corpse of his master for days and then dying too.
    First, domesticated animals have their instincts totally broken.
    Second, domesticated animals, like dogs, are fully dependable on their masters. Everything comes from the master - food, toys, shelter, etc. Master is the whole world. Master is dead - world ends.
    Third, you can't teach old dog new tricks. Most animals learn through "imprinting". Which means they don't revise their knowledge. Basic example is that freshly hatched ducklings will treat first thing they see as their mother. They see a car first - they will follow it like their mother (and probably die soon from being ran over or dying from hunger), no matter what happens and how false this proves to be. Dog was taught that everything comes from the master, and it has no idea that it could live on its own.

Although for some people that would be perfect definition of love
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

It looks like the baby doesnt realise the mum is dead and is begging for food.
    Raaaa!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    that bird is clearly yelling "FOR THE HORDE!!!" after killing that other evil alliance bird..

so yes the alliance do feel pain.
    <_< use every excuse to bash alliance don't ya horde.
    OT: the picture is too vague, people can say he's roaring in triumph, it's crying, it's a baby asking for food, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    As ThargixEchoes said, you're wrong.

A long time ago my grandparents were suppose to watch one of my family's dogs. While the dog was sleeping my grandfather walked up to it and started patting it hard. The dog started growling since it didn't want to be patted. But he didn't stop so it started barking at him until he left.
    She lived for ~8 more years but never stopped hating my grandfather. She was nice to everyone else though

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Are you aware that this is basic skill enforced by instinct and evolution for almost every animal with lifespan longer than a year?
    It's just ability to remember dangers, distinguish and avoid them later in future. If you beat dog / cat / cow it will be afraid of you in the future. It will be agressive if it has no escape route left or if it believes it can take you down.

Which brings us to emotions - most animals do have emotions like fear, anger, feeling of safety, curiosity etc. Those are enforced by instinct to increase chances of survival. That doesn't mean they suddenly are capable of love and abstract thinking.

Do you mean that video above with elephants touching bones? That's one theory, but i prefer the one with elephants studying bones for signs of danger. Like "Are those elephant bones?", "did this elephant die from old age?", "are those bones fresh?".

And please don't come with an example of a dog lying near the corpse of his master for days and then dying too.
    Second, domesticated animals, like dogs, are fully dependable on their masters. Everything comes from the master - food, toys, shelter, etc. Master is the whole world. Master is dead - world ends.
    Third, you can't teach old dog new tricks. Most animals learn through "imprinting". Which means they don't revise their knowledge. Basic example is that freshly hatched ducklings will treat first thing they see as their mother. They see a car first - they will follow it like their mother (and probably die soon from being ran over or dying from hunger), no matter what happens and how false this proves to be. Dog was taught that everything comes from the master, and it has no idea that it could live on its own.

Nice that you can read minds!
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post

^^ This except for evolution which never happened.

Really didn't need to see this before I go to bed...

Deleted
    21st century and people are still this stupid,realy? Just makes me facepalm..