post your MoP raid/dungeon encounter ideas!

so a lot of people complain about having the same sort of encounter mechanics reused so here i want to see some unique encounters with cool and unique mechanics. for example I've always wanted to see something like this:

Drunken Master boss:

Drunken Aura - The Room becomes filled with intoxicating gases causing your roles to be switched. Healing can now only be used to damage boss and damaging skills/spells can only be used to heal allies.

Sober Aura - The room is filled with fresh air and your roles remain the same.

Pollute Air - The drunken master runs to close the window and release intoxicating gases.

simple and unique
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MoP mechanics list:

1. Role change mechanic.
    2. Elimination based on contribution mechanic.
    3. Friendly fire debuff mechanic.
    Last edited by evilgnomey; 2012-01-12 at 02:07 PM.

Nothing about that is simple lmfao i know my guild would be confused as hell during that fight

Deleted
    I would love a fight mechanic that involves... christs this was hard :/.

I'd like to see a Brewmaster boss with some of the abilities from WC3 then a few others added into the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    Nothing about that is simple lmfao i know my guild would be confused as hell during that fight
    It's what i call the role change mechanic :P think about DoT's becoming HoT's and HoT's becoming DoT's of course you would need to be careful because when the aura changes the DoT's (hoT's) on boss would heal him and HoT's (DoT's) on players would start hurting

I might update the original post with a list of possible new MoP mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey View Post
    It's what i call the role change mechanic :P think about DoT's becoming HoT's and HoT's becoming DoT's of course you would need to be careful because when the aura changes the DoT's (hoT's) on boss would heal him and HoT's (DoT's) on players would start hurting .
    That would be awesome for the HoT/DoT mechanic change.

Boss in a cave.

Boss has 3 phases.

Phase 1;

Boss makes a Mind Control like debuff on 2 raid members (10 man) 6 on 25 man. - Tanks excluded.

During this debuff, 2 raid members will walk towards each other being linked. Both having a shield on them. Between them is a red line. When a person stands between them. When a person stands between them that person is stunned and can no longer fight during that part. At this point the line is turning green and both allies take 100% damage to their shields, both shields must break on the same time, if not the shield of the other player will become instable and explode. The shields will also explode if the 2 people hit each other. 2 people standing further than 25yd will cause the debuff not to connect and explode right away.

Boss will give the Main Tank a ticking debuff which after 10 seconds explodes and 10 small adds (in 10 man) and 25 small adds (in 25 man) will appear. These need to be kited as they will put a permanent debuff on that tank which will reduce it's stamina by 5% every hit and healing the boss for 4% each hit.

Phase Transition/Phase 2;

When a phase transition comes, 2 adds on 10 man and 5 adds on 25 man will appear, and need to be killed as soon as possible, since the transition takes about 10 seconds.

After the 10 seconds, both the floor and ground of the cave will come together, squashing everything around there. At the positions where the adds died you can stand safely as they put an magic area on the floor which stops the cave from coming together.

This is where Phase 3 starts, the boss hits itself as well and takes 50% more damage, but there are 2 adds which will heal the boss periodically, as soon as those 2 are killed Phase 1 starts. The 2 adds, will increase their healing periodically as well. So leaving them up for too long will be a major problem for you.

So what do you think? Tough enough?
    Last edited by Jovanaar; 2012-01-10 at 09:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Brewmaster
    Enrage timer: 15 minutes

Keg Toss
    The Brewmaster hurls his ale kegs towards 1-3 (10N-10H) or 2-4-7 (25L-25N-25H) targets, if hit, the target becomes bathed in alcohol, and starts becoming intoxicated.

Intoxicated
    The player has a chance to hit other friendly players with a damage dealing spell or ability. Spells or abilities which hit friendly players also spread the Bathed in Alcohol debuff to those targets. The chance to hit a friendly player with a spell or ability increases by 10% per second. 15 sec duration.

Bathed in Alcohol
    Increases the damage taken by The Brewmaster's fire spells by 100% for 15 seconds and causes the target to become Intoxicated.

Breath of Fire
    The Brewmaster spits out a powerful fiery breath for 80.000-120.000 (10N-10H) damage in a cone in a random direction, if a target afflicted by Bathed in Alcohol is hit, he or she will also be Conflagarated for 5 seconds, dealing damage equal to 10% max health per second, and have his or her Bathed in Alcohol debuff removed. If the target is afflicted by Soaked in Alcohol, the debuff will be removed, and the target will burn for 20% of maximum health per second for 5 seconds. 1.5sec cast, 15sec cooldown. (Damage for 25 would be 70.000 25L, 100.000 25N, 150.000 25H)

Mixer-upper
    The Brewmaster soaks his current target in alcohol, causing the target to be Soaked in Alcohol.

Soaked in Alcohol
    The target is growing increasinly nautious, if not removed before the debuff runs out, the target will start regurgitating violently for the next 30 seconds, dealing damage equal to 30% of maximum health per second. The debuff reduces the movement speed of the target by 30% and also reduces the chance to hit by 5% for every second the debuff is active. 20 sec duration.

Storm, Earth and Fire (Heroic-only ability)
    Upon reaching 75%, 50% and 25%, The Brewmaster splits himself into the 3 basic elements. If kept within 20 yards of eachother, the elements in question gain an additional ability. The Brewmaster is forced to return to his original form when either 1 element with an Additional Ability, or when 2 elements without an additional ability are slain. If an element with an additional ability is killed before The Brewmaster returns to his original form, he will not be able to use Breath of Fire for the next 15 seconds. When an additional ability is triggered, the elements will heal themselves to full health.

Storm
    The Storm element casts Chain Lightning and Hurricane onto random members of the raid. Additional ability: Storm Clouds

Earth
    The Earth element casts Boulder Toss and Earthquake onto random members of the raid. Additional ability: Shatter Ground

Fire
    The Fire element casts Fireball and Rain of Fire onto random members of the raid. Additional ability: Hell on Earth

Storm Clouds
    Fills one half of the room with storm clouds, dealing 5000 Nature damage per second to everyone standing under them and leaves a stacking debuff, increasing Nature damage taken by 10% per application for 10 seconds.

Shatter Ground
    Shatters one half of the room, destroying the supporting pylons affected by Shatter Ground, causing the roof to slowly collapse on that area. Moving through the area afflicted by Shatter ground causes 10000 damage per second to everyone in that area and leaves a stacking debuff which decreases your movement speed by 5% per application for 10 seconds. After 1 minute, the part of the room afflicted by Shatter Ground collapses entirely, dealing lethal damage to anyone in that area and becomes unavailable until reconstructed. The area is reconstructed after you have forced The Brewmaster to return to his original form.

Hell on Earth
    Fills one half of the room with alcohol fumes, which are ignited when the Fire element is pulled, or if the fire element casts any of his spells inside that area for the first time, dealing 5000 Fire damage per second to everyone in the area and leaves a stacking debuff, increasing Fire damage taken by 10% per application for 10 seconds.

Achievements:
    But I'm sober!
    Do not get hit by The Brewmaster's Keg Toss. (Personal achievement)

We're all sober!
    Do not let anyone in the raid get hit by Keg Toss. (Raidwide achievement)

Party all night!
    All players must be afflicted by Bathed in Alcohol at the same time. (Raidwide [hardmode] achievement)

The elements are on MY side!
    Experience all of the following additional ability combinations in a single fight:
    Additional Ability: Hell on Earth
    Additional Ability: Storm Clouds

Additional Ability: Storm Clouds
    Additional Ability: Shatter Ground

Additional Ability: Shatter Ground
    Additional Ability: Hell on Earth

(Heroic-only Feat of Strength, rewarding you with a Pandaren Brewmaster pet and title, The Brewmaster)
    The Pandaren Brewmaster pet would also occasionally split into the 3 elements which would, on a rare occasion, start fighting against eachother when not moving.

Any thoughts/comments?
    Last edited by Tekloth; 2012-01-10 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Lord Decimus

At 75, 50 and 25% HP Lord Decimus will decapitate (kill) the 1 DPSer (3 in 25man) in the raid who did the least amount of damage on the encounter at that time.
    People killed by Decapitate can not be combat ressed for 10 minutes.

Very simple and should be quite entertaining too. :P
    Instead of the least amount of dmg make it the highest and it could be challenging.

Lord Decimus

At 75, 50 and 25% HP Lord Decimus will decapitate (kill) the 1 DPSer (3 in 25man) in the raid who did the least amount of damage on the encounter at that time.

That would be absolutely hilarious on so many levels. But the programming would not be fun on Blizz's end.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lord Decimus

Although the idea seems neat, I don't think that Blizzard could bother programming something like that.