Jewelcrafting epic gems

Well with he introduction of new epic gems, assuming after people have epic gems in every slot, jewelcrafting epic gems will provide extra +51 stat, which was +81 as any other crafting profession.Shouldnt these be buffed as well? They need to change it to +76 gems to provide same amounts with the other professions. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by felix014; 2012-01-10 at 08:05 AM. Reason: typo

I think it's going to take alonnnnnnnnnng time for poeple to be full epics, and I really don't care

Deleted
    They were buffed originally on the PTR to +77 and then it was removed before the patch went live, so it's obviously something they considered enough to change the files - but for whatever reason, they decided to remove again.

I imagine that if there is another content patch before MoP, they will be buffed, as by this time, the majority will have epic gems in most of their slots.

If this had gone live with 4.3 - every world first/server first competing guild would have wanted their members to drop their profs and go JC because with no epic gems in any slots +77 would be a clear advantage over other profs - so I'm guessing this is why they decided not to push it with 4.3, but clearly they are aware that the bonus needs to be upped to compete with full epic gems or they wouldn't have adjusted it to begin with.

So yeah, I'm pretty confident we will see this change back in personally.

If this had gone live with 4.3 - every world first/server first competing guild would have wanted their members to drop their profs and go JC because with no epic gems in any slots +77 would be a clear advantage over other profs - so I'm guessing this is why they decided not to push it with 4.3, but clearly they are aware that the bonus needs to be upped to compete with full epic gems or they wouldn't have adjusted it to begin with.
    Yea this is exactly what I was thinking as well. In the end Blizzard had to choose whether to give JC an edge over everyone else or everyone else an edge over JC and Im guessing it just came down to numbers to make the decision.

Its only an edge if your in full epic gems.

shamanic has the correct synopsis IMO.

It would have been a non-issue if they had handled epic gems like the did in Wrath. Since we can't mine, prospect, or transmute them, leveling JC to max would have been easier for those extra few points of agi/mastery/int than trying to get the epics. As it is, since we can't prospect them, JC has become a lackluster profession and people seem inclined to change to something more useful.

I would agree, I wouldn't worry about it. People who are in guilds who are capable of farming epics, probably have a dedicated jewelcrafter.

I'm pretty much full epic +50's in my pvp gear except for 2 slots. It’s very needed for JC to be buffed. I’m almost tempted to drop JC and level blacksmith just for the +100 int from BS. I am hesitant however, because I’m not sure if MoP will use the same release method of epic gems.
    Last edited by Zeusy; 2012-01-13 at 06:06 AM.