Poll: Do you click or keybind your spells?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I pretty much bind everything I usually use. However, if there is a situation where I have to use an ability that I rarely use, then I may click on it. 9/10 though, I won't be in that situation.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

Quote Originally Posted by Argyle View Post
    Pretty much bind everything. Only things I don't bind is buffs and hearthstone.
    this pretty much sums it up.

also, make sure to not just bind but merge abilities into macros and such.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't click anything. Including Flying mount, Ground Mount. Bandages, Wanding, Healthstones and the list goes on.

If you do not do arena you should have more than enough binds. Currently I have these binds in use;
    123456, Shift 123456, Ctrl 123456. ASD, Shift ASD, Ctrl ASD. F, T, R, G, V, C, B, §, <, all with Shift & Ctrl modifiers. 3 Mousebuttons with Ctrl and Shift modifiers. Scroll with Shift and Ctrl Modifiers. F1, F2, F3, F4. I even have Shift+Space bound.

Fast counting thats ; 74 Keybindings, I've probably forgotten something but there should be my most used ones.

I also have arena 123 Sheep and arena 123 Counterspell so I have to have more bindings.
    Last edited by Trixzy; 2012-01-11 at 09:03 AM.

Healers don't even have an excuse for clicking ANYTHING.

Deleted
    oh i know all you clickers out there voted bind all

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post
    Bind fucking everything. It doesn't even need explanation.
    clickers can debate all they want but reaction times are always faster with binds.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Now after some responses i can say how I do it.

I enjoyed pvp already when i was leveling my toon in late TBC, and in season 4 i started doing arenas. I clicked everything. I had 2 brothers who were better than me in pvp and decided to try some keybinds in late TBC already. They told me to try it too. I was confident that im a good clicker and did not want to change it. Keybinds felt so damn confusing. It was late season 5 when i finally made some binds after getting pressure from my bros. I started using 1-5 number buttons for my most important attacks and after a while it felt good, so i made a decision to bind more spells to r,t,f,g,c,v,x buttons. I could not even operate in bgs and i was pissed. Moving was also so hard (i did it by pressing both mouse buttons simultaneously and tried to rotate mouse for turning). Little by little i got used to the binds and started getting better and better on pvp overall. After getting rid of my awkward mouse movement and getting used to strafing with q and e i finally got my movement right. It was in s6 and that was the first season i broke 2k in arenas.

Little by little i started to bind everything. Every click started feeling bad and slow. Now i have everything binded and i have to say i was naive to think i was a good pvp'er as clicker. It's just impossible. Reaction times are faster with binds, you can actually focus and see what is happening on game when you don't have to turn your eyes on your spell bar all the time, you are faster in everything when you don't waste times on moving your mouse between target and spell bar or between spells, you're moving does not get crippled when you go click a spell, and the list goes on...

So if you are a clicker and love pvp, i suggest you to start binding stuff. If you don't, you will give huge advantege to others (who bind) against you. It will take some time to get used to it, but it's time well spent i promise. It increases your performance in all aspects of this game.
    Last edited by Johnmatrix; 2012-01-12 at 09:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnmatrix View Post
    I've been interested in this for a long time. This might have been asked several times before but i've never seen any statistics. Do you click or use keybinds in PvP? Why? Why not?
    I have everything bound. The only things I click are professions buttons and things like that, which are on their own little hotbar that's hidden when I'm in combat or in a BG.

Keybinds are much, much, much, much, much more efficient.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    1-9, shift + 1-9, F1-F5, Y,T,R,E,Q,F,G,H,B,V,C,X,Z and Shift+ all those letters and 1-12 on my Naga! Everything on my bars is binded except HS.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyve View Post
    Bind most, I use around 24-27 Keybinds on all of my 7 chars, I don't go any further on purpose so I won't mix up my alts.
    The important stuff is bound, smaller spells that have less usage are clicked and food/bandaids/healthstones are also clicked.
    Your pic is epic.

OT: I bind. Cant go back.