Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Huttball tactics by class / role, what do u do?

I really love huttball cuase is not just pvp, even low geared players can score with a specific class ability if well used or be usefull to the team so I would like to show to other people what they can do with their class and also add some good tactic.

Let see in random order:
    - I think the most op skill is the force leap or any other jump ability that let u jump directly on the score are or on a higher level of the map wich usually is better as u can jump down if needed and still score.
    (hint: if u notice the opposite team have to many warriors/knights be fast when u spawn in the starting area as u are a perfect anchor for their jumps)

- Some classes have a friendly leap (sorcerers and sages maybe) wich can pull u up in a safe/usefull spot

- Tanks have a pull wich they use to pull u in fire/poison zonesto let u die there

- Every knockback is good here if the resolve bar of the ball handler is not white and also to protect ur team ball handler pushing away people from him

- Stealth is good to position urself near the score area without being spotted and then take the ball from a teammates (if they remember to push the pass button)

- Every blink-like ability is generally good

Questions:
    Any good trick for operatives apart from stealthing?
    Any way to predict the landing zone of that air pushing thing?

Add more please.

P.s. In case u didnt know if the match is draw the team who keep the ball at the end is the winner.

Sith Jugg (tank).

I jump into groups and aoe slow/aoe taunt, I leap to people on catwalks and force push them off. I get 2 stuns every minute... and that is about it.

I dont seem to be able to take much more damage than other non-tanking AC's, and I don't put out a lot of damage either.

As a Sniper and someone that doesn't take PvP too seriously, I tend to try and defend a lot more than attach.

Pulse and Ambush work well to knock back on rushing ball handlers...which if it works, gets them into the pit area so they have to run all the way back around.

Aside from that, I just damage anyone in range, and Leg Shot anyone that is either carrying the ball, or indeed chasing our ball carrier.

So far I do enjoy it, but haven't spammed it to death like some have

First of all, I agree, Huttball is an amazing warzone, by far the best battleground in any MMO i Know.

The tactics, tricks and strategies you can utilise due to the 4 layered map and every classes push/pull/charge/throw abilities is really overwhelming.

as a sorceror, I have many abilities I use on a regular basis in this warzone:

1. my AE throwback is basically used on cooldown, you can throw people into the fire/acid, off a bridge or just keep melees away from your ballcarrier.

2. force pull is used to pull the ball carrier out of the fire when stunned, into the goal, up a bridge after he dropped. most of there things can also be achieved by him just throwing the ball to me, so its best used when the ball carrier is stunned.

3. force speed is great, as the ball carrier I usually go to the top bridge and with the help of force speed I can jump over the last firetrap. thats very important because against good enemies you are usually stunned on those firetraps.
    oh and with force speed you can also jump over the acid pit in the beginning, so i always get the first ball. and another sorceror cann immediately pull me back to safety.

4. the madness ultimate skill is an instant dot that freezes the target in place for 2 seconds. this is an excellent skill because it is NOT affectet by the resolve bar. thats right, even it the enemy ball carriers bar is full you can stun him for 2 seconcs on the firetrap.

I relly like huttball and I am very much looking forward to all the tactics that will evolve in the next weeks and months.
    A good positioned team should be able to throw the ball to the goal on a few seconds. on the other hand you should really not stand anywhere, where the enemy warrior ballcarrier can charge you, or he will be at a great advantate.

and the most important part: you really need to understand the resolve bar, yours and the enemies'.
    just use your stunbreaker when your bar just got full, and dont use stuns on enemies with their bar full, except the ones that still work, of course.

and of course the game-winning part: like in any warzone or battleground, dont just gank random people in the warzone, if you dont follow a certain strategy that requires a certian position, FOLLOW THE BALL CARRIER, no matter on which team he is.
    Last edited by moff; 2012-01-10 at 12:09 PM.

As a Sniper my role is very aimed at control and burst damage. In a few seconds, and some lucky crits i can pump out 7-8k damage on 35m range. And those extra 5m are golden in Huttball as they let me reach targets from certain locations that they do not expect or cannot counter.

Control is a strong point aswell. Aoe Blind, AoE knockback, accuracy debuff/counter other snipers, Snare. And ofcourse the stuff everyone can do, baiting the enemy away.

I play a Marauder... it feels like a BC fury warrior in gear from RFC vs nothing but cata frost mages, rogues, and hunters, all three classes already geared out in MoP.

Seriously, I have a hamstring, a tiny MS like effect, and a leap... no stuns or other CC (a 3 sec channel doesn't exactly count) and next to no survivability. 4 sec stealth, lulz, doesn't count. Just get owned no matter what you do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KahnOWhoopass View Post
    I play a Marauder... it feels like a BC fury warrior in gear from RFC vs nothing but cata frost mages, rogues, and hunters, all three classes already geared out in MoP.

Seriously, I have a hamstring, a tiny MS like effect, and a leap... no stuns or other CC (a 3 sec channel doesn't exactly count) and next to no survivability. 4 sec stealth, lulz, doesn't count. Just get owned no matter what you do.
    I play Marauder and kill all the ball carrier support class healers Easily break 300k every decent duration WZ including Hutt (Annihilation spec) The key is never ever open with Charge!

10+ Year Old Account
    Normally i play in a 3-4 man composition:

Me, Jedi Guardian, ~19k hp +
    Offtank (assasin) guarding me
    + 1-2 healer (sage preferred)

As soon as i get the ball i seldom get destroyed. It needs focused dmg from a lot of people to get me down. My back up tank (with guard) stays beside me, the healers run up the ramps, behind the fire. Then the fun starts. i jump aroun... force leap on enemy targets, guardian leap on my healers. If i get thrown down, or something bad happens, i can get pulled by one of my healers.

as soon as i'm behind the second fire, i mass blind all enemys around me if resolve isn't full, otherwise i just slowly walk 6 times.

I would say it works 90% of the time, but it has one huge disadvantage:
    I get only 1-3 medals, while on voidstar and alderann i get 9-11

so theoretically: zerging + loosing would benefit my character progression more than winning the games - but i like winning...

edit: even a channeled stun is a decent stun, it's one of the longest stuns in game, and other players can still make dmg on the target.
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2012-01-10 at 12:08 PM.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    As a JG, you're pretty much there as protection. I always put m guard on the carrier and taunt like crazy.

One of my favorite things to do in HB is to save my Force Push to push people on to the fire grids. I also save my stuns for when they are on those as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KahnOWhoopass View Post

well, your 3 sec channeled stun that doesnt exacly count is also one of the precious abilities that work when the resolve bar is full. you can charge the enemy ball carrier when he is on a firetrap and use force choke and he will be gone. charge and choke are powerfull abilities in huttball, learn to use them.

Deleted
    As sniper marksman, i simply cc and shoot those that threaten ball holder.

Deleted
    As an Operative; I just get incredibly frustrated. I have no gap closers, I have no speed boosts, I have no knockbacks, I have no pull abilities, I have no ranged attacks greater than 10 yards. It is an UTTER nightmare for me. When I get Huttball I just tend to try and Hidden Strike the ball carrier when they're crossing the fire pits; 9/10 times it doesn't work though.

I really do think Operatives and Scoundrels need a reduce to their initial burst; a buff to their out of stealth damage; and a Shadow-step like ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    well, your 3 sec channeled stun that doesnt exacly count is also one of the precious abilities that work when the resolve bar is full. you can charge the enemy ball carrier when he is on a firetrap and use force choke and he will be gone. charge and choke are powerfull abilities in huttball, learn to use them.
    Are you sure? I've tried it a lot of times, but i'm quite sure that force stasis doesn't work when resolve is full (it does dmg, but it doesn't stun)

As a Sentinel, I look for stray enemies stood in silly places and charge onto them, get passed to and then pop CD's to survive while making my way to the end.

Baring that, I just hunt the FC and proceed to beat them down in Focus spec. 5 People, 4 Stacks of Singularity. Hnnnnnnnng, especially if you use Zealous Leap before hand to guarantee a crit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Are you sure? I've tried it a lot of times, but i'm quite sure that force stasis doesn't work when resolve is full (it does dmg, but it doesn't stun)
    Its bugged thats all - sometimes it will do the animation but not stun or do damage, or do the animation do damage but no stun. Similar to Ravage.

Concealment Operative (Pretty terrible gear as I just hit 50)

At the start what I do depends on who gets the first ball. If it is their team and my team is slow I go straight for the carrier and Stun them with Hidden Strike to get a some damage on them and hold them up for my team, 90% of the time I die in 2 seconds but hopefully my death was helpful. If my team is there I hold back and try and either kill a healer or at least peal him off the carrier.

If my team gets it and they are right on my carrier I Hidden Strike whoever seems the most dangerous, either the other team is stupid and I get focused while my carrier gets away, or I am basically left free to get some damage and stuns out. Worst case here is I get targetted and soloed by some Sorc/Sage standing in the middle of the map or up top, no way I'm closing on them and by the time I'm dead my carrier will be back in their LOS. If my carrier gets away clean I follow and try and pick off the Sorc/Sage who will inevitably be standing on the top walkway waiting to knock us off.

Later in the game I mostly just try and pick off stragglers from their pack of people following my carrier, or I get ahead of their carrier and attempt to stun in the fire pits.

But I am pretty average/terrible at pvp so this may be the dumbest strategy ever.

Deleted
    We did a 4 man stealth premade, I stood at the ball > threw it up, he threw it to the guy over the fire, who would sprint drop down and throw it to a guy over the fire/near the goal line.

We would all be stealth until the ball was thrown :P[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by mmocbd4889aa48; 2012-01-10 at 01:19 PM.

BH:

I use Jetboost to push enemies into fire and acid pit.

That's it.
    I'm still thinking about it...

BH: I always jet boost/ pull people onto fire or acid..

My most FUN tactic and well it's pretty crappy i will admit: If I die and see a ball carrier coming to score I wait at spawn and when he is range I Grapple him to me and he insta dies and ball resets > (They do say cheating is encouraged)

15+ Year Old Account
    Does Jet Boost actually move people around? I thought it simply rooted them for a few seconds?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!