Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Yeah for me its the key to the left of Z. I use it anyway by binding it to a shift key (since they are right next to each other its easy to just press shift first with my two fingers next to each other). Will be nice to have that extra key to use though.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phototropic View Post
    One thing I'd REALLY like to unbind is right-click... by default it changes the direction of your character and camera, as fairly standard in an MMO, but also for some completely unknown reason slot 1 of the default toolbar...!?
    The right-mouse button works for me almost exactly as it did in wow, holding it down turns the camera+player, clicking it on a mob is "auto-attack" left click turns camera only ans selects things.

As the game has no "auto-attack", what would you like it to do instead?

I'm using a US keyboard, though, somehow, I can't not hit the darn "Help" key :/

Because it's become so annoying, and takes 2 actions to close (cancel and confirm), I just complete the f'n 'ticket' to help them get the hint, when all that's in there is:
    /asssssaaaaaaaaaasssaaaaadaaawsaaaaadaaaaaasda
    wtf?
    Spacebar spacebar spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar dark-side.

I have that issue with the backslash key (U.S. keyboard). It sucks because I'm left-handed and that key is usually my primary key in other games.

I'm able to rebind it to certain functions under Interface or Miscellaneous, but I'd really like to use it as a Quickslot key. For now I just bind it to "Toggle Map Fade" so it does nothing.

If you want a brute force workaround for this you can remap your § key to something else in Windows registry and it won't bring the submit ticket popup. I changed my § key into a * key and it works fine.

I use a free program called SharpKeys for this but there are probably lots of programs that can do the same job. You can also remap keys by editing the registry by hand but you probably shouldn't if you don't already know how to do it as that can screw up your system really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    The right-mouse button works for me almost exactly as it did in wow, holding it down turns the camera+player, clicking it on a mob is "auto-attack" left click turns camera only ans selects things.

As the game has no "auto-attack", what would you like it to do instead?
    I'd rather it do absolutely nothing (still control the camera) than fire off whatever ability is in slot 1, especially as an agent/operative; I don't want any range attack to go off when I'm in stealth :/

It may not be of much help to some of you, but at least until it is fixed and properly bindable you can do the following to stop the binding from randomly opening a ticket while you are playing - which let me tell you, has caused me to die numerous times so far. If you bind it to Minimap Zoom Out (Others do not work with this, I've only found this one that does), it will not open the ticket window any more - I have bound it to other things and it would still open the ticket window, but for some reason binding it to Minimap Zoom Out does not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phototropic View Post
    I'd rather it do absolutely nothing (still control the camera) than fire off whatever ability is in slot 1, especially as an agent/operative; I don't want any range attack to go off when I'm in stealth :/
    You could put a melee ability in slot 1 perhaps? Not ideal, but a workaround until something comes up.

Yeah, I suppose I'll have to -- better than nothing, I guess... could even put an off-the-gcd ability (such as interrupt), as it's a 10m range.

I'll have a play tonight /sigh

on a north american keyboard, the button to do this is right above enter (| \ button) and is super frustrating, since it's very easy to hit while using chat via the enter button.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    You could put a melee ability in slot 1 perhaps? Not ideal, but a workaround until something comes up.
    Or just move all your abilities one up the bar, then remap the key shortcuts along, leaving the first slot empty.

I did something similar, in that I wanted my right click to be "tracer missile", but I also wanted it to be bound to 2 (my old shadowbold key ^^). So, as a work around I just put Tracer Missile in the first ability slot and then switched 1 and 2 around in the key binding. Easy peasy

OH how I hated this during beta .. I'm used to that key being auto run, so I tried to bind it as such, of course it never worked At least they've acknowledged it I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    It may not be of much help to some of you, but at least until it is fixed and properly bindable you can do the following to stop the binding from randomly opening a ticket while you are playing - which let me tell you, has caused me to die numerous times so far. If you bind it to Minimap Zoom Out (Others do not work with this, I've only found this one that does), it will not open the ticket window any more - I have bound it to other things and it would still open the ticket window, but for some reason binding it to Minimap Zoom Out does not.
    Quoting my own post since it seems to have been missed.

TLDR: Bind the key to Minimap Zoom Out, and it will effectively "unbind" the create a ticket. This is of little help if you want to use that button, but you can at least stop accidentally opening tickets.