Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Henline View Post
    It's true. I typically browse forums or watch TV shows while waiting for queues and I've tabbed back in to find myself already inside either dead or with an encounter in progress (trash or boss).
    People like you really piss me off. Please have the decency to do what your supposed to and not waste other peoples time. If you wanna watch tv fine, but don't make the task at hand harder on other people because you are looking for entertainment elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr4vitas View Post
    I AFK through every LFR I go into, why would I do anything?
    you sir are the reason why there are so many LFR qq posts around.
    I do have a tip though

pls uninstall wow and cancel subscription thank you

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    People like you really piss me off. Please have the decency to do what your supposed to and not waste other peoples time. If you wanna watch tv fine, but don't make the task at hand harder on other people because you are looking for entertainment elsewhere.
    Wow, take a Xanax. You do realize that we are all coming to grips with this hiccup in the system? It's not like people are happy about being sucked in without hitting accept.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eilee View Post
    @dahmer - you have to click "Enter Dungeon". Dont do this if you intend to go AFK :P
    Actually. no you don't have to click enter. all you have to do is que. raid finder auto puts you in reguardless found that out on my Dk. i wasn't afk for more than a minute though. had just went into the kitchen for a drink.

I don't think you got the point there although i can understand why it pisses you off in his example he was not trying to be rude or being afk all the time.
    sometimes the Que is so long i start reading forums to kill some time as well if the LFR system would not accept you even though you never pressed a button there would be no problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

[15:14:24] You have been removed from the queue because someone in your party did not accept the invitation.
    Not clicking did NOT port me in. I did not click cancel, and was even AFK flagged. Fixed? :P

You know I try my best in LFR, it allows me to test new specs/approaches and what not. But slowly that will to try is diminishing, not because of the afkers but because of the entitlement LFR has given some players to think they can lead when they truly know absolutely nothing about what they are talking about.

For Example, we are on spine and I am tanking the amalgation(Note for those unaware the higher stacks of blood he receives the more damage he does to the tank). Note I told the raid in raid chat that I was goign to tank the add to around 15% and than grab bloods to hit the 9 stack(Just like you would in normal mode to not kill yourself/strain healers). I was told that I was both wrong and a scrub tank for not picking up bloods as they fell, so players took it upon themselves to taunt the add into bloods causing the add to AoE at 50% and killing the raid. I was than blamed for not tanking it correctly and booted from the LFR(even after posting my normal mode kills nobody cared or listened).

So as much as the LFR fan boys want to sit there and claim supremacy and blame "Elitist Jerks" for making their life harder remember its normally these people that do the 40k+ a boss, or that tank adds/bosses correctly, or the healers that know how to both aoe heal and single target heal. You may call us elitist pricks but if it wasn't for that 10-15 "elitist jerks" you get in your group you wouldn't make it past warmaster and that is a fact the LFR community needs to understand. If WoW made the loot correctly they would make it unappealing to the DS raiders(aka 378 Ilvl) you would have your true group for LFR. Anyone else mind explaining how its okay to get rid of Ragnaros loot with LFR loot. Welcome to the age of LFR.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariela View Post
    It's not like people are happy about being sucked in without hitting accept.
    This is kind of surprising... you'd think that people would be happy that they didn't miss their 15-20 minute queue because they were afk. I know that I always hate it when I miss my queue.

I know somebody will argue, but I don't care: If you don't want to be pulled into Dragon Soul when you're afk, you should probably drop queue. Or pee before queuing. Or make food before queuing. Or do whatever it is you're doing before queuing.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Doing something else rather than sitting in SW/Org for 20 minutes is not a big deal at all, it's not like I do that once I've joined. I tab in every 3-4 minutes to check the wait time and make sure I'm not in the zone. I still manage to smoke most people in LFR even after starting partway into the fight so it doesn't bother me one bit if you wanna jump to the conclusion that I actually afk through the instance or that what I do isn't completely normal.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by croana View Post
    If you find yourself getting ported into dungeons or raids without having clicked on the button, than you might want to poke around a bit in your UI. Many out of the box user UIs these days have auto-accept features for dungeons and raids.
    I run without any addons. So no it's not the UI that autoaccepts, and I was watching it, as I was thinking if I should go with the 2/8 bosses down.. been in queue for 20 minutes.. and then I was like "nah" and let it just pass.. I thought, I found the loading screen and was in a group I really didn't wanna be in.

Not clicking did NOT port me in. I did not click cancel, and was even AFK flagged. Fixed? :P
    No, you can get that message at times when you hit enter as well. I actually had it happen on my rogue twice this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus4004 View Post
    You know I try my best in LFR, it allows me to test new specs/approaches and what not. But slowly that will to try is diminishing, not because of the afkers but because of the entitlement LFR has given some players to think they can lead when they truly know absolutely nothing about what they are talking about.

For Example, we are on spine and I am tanking the amalgation(Note for those unaware the higher stacks of blood he receives the more damage he does to the tank). Note I told the raid in raid chat that I was goign to tank the add to around 15% and than grab bloods to hit the 9 stack(Just like you would in normal mode to not kill yourself/strain healers). I was told that I was both wrong and a scrub tank for not picking up bloods as they fell, so players took it upon themselves to taunt the add into bloods causing the add to AoE at 50% and killing the raid. I was than blamed for not tanking it correctly and booted from the LFR(even after posting my normal mode kills nobody cared or listened).

So as much as the LFR fan boys want to sit there and claim supremacy and blame "Elitist Jerks" for making their life harder remember its normally these people that do the 40k+ a boss, or that tank adds/bosses correctly, or the healers that know how to both aoe heal and single target heal. You may call us elitist pricks but if it wasn't for that 10-15 "elitist jerks" you get in your group you wouldn't make it past warmaster and that is a fact the LFR community needs to understand. If WoW made the loot correctly they would make it unappealing to the DS raiders(aka 378 Ilvl) you would have your true group for LFR. Anyone else mind explaining how its okay to get rid of Ragnaros loot with LFR loot. Welcome to the age of LFR.
    See, your the type of elitist that makes the rest of us look bad.

I do normal mode raiding, some heriocs. Guess what? LFR isn't tuned for us. They don't need us to pull them thru. You complain about their attitude of entitlement, guess what? Your attitude of supremacy is rather offputting as well.

Yeah, you got a raw deal with that group. Sorry for that. But acting all holier then thou about how much DPS you pull and how much more skilled you are when you signed up to play easy mode with random people that don't have your skill level is a pretty dick move. There is a reason they are in LFR in the first place.
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

Deleted
    Sure, don't believe several people saying the same thing, great move buddy!

In short (for the slow people to get it) this is what happens with LFR :
    - You queue
    - You don't accept (don't click anything)
    - You end up in the raid

It doesn't just happen to me as you can read in the thread.

@Rolard :
    So you never forget anything? I forgot to leave queue, that's all. I lost the gold to repair since I died and can't loot Morchok this week.
    If Blizzard would be consistent in making the queueing for lfr the same as they did for lfd I wouldn't have that problem so yes, I blame Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus4004 View Post

most the groups i get into.. are too stupid to stop dpsing the amalgamation and often kill the first one before it can even get the stacks. that only wipes the really bad groups though. just means it takes longer. personaly i just don't even dps the amalgamation and stick to killing bloods.

That happened to my group today as well, but no one kicked the tank because several of us were being vocal about the idiot who was taunting the add that caused the wipe. I completely agree that people seem more entitled in LFR lately when they lack the knowledge of how to properly do the encounters. I've had priests Lifegrip me, random people taunt, and even had the other tank taunt the add when it's been at 100% before the last tendon. I merely tell people to stop because they are wrong and if it happens again I leave. No sense in dealing with retards who think they know proper strategy (I know I know...lolstrategyinlfr) who do nothing but confuse the rest of the raid who know they don't.

This is kind of surprising... you'd think that people would be happy that they didn't miss their 15-20 minute queue because they were afk. I know that I always hate it when I miss my queue.

I know somebody will argue, but I don't care: If you don't want to be pulled into Dragon Soul when you're afk, you should probably drop queue. Or pee before queuing. Or make food before queuing. Or do whatever it is you're doing before queuing.
    The problem is a lot of people aren't actually afk, they are just tabbed out passing time. I do the same thing when I queue for random heroics and I miss countless queues because of it, but I typically just requeue and try to keep an even closer eye on it. No one likes to sit in a 20 minute queue doing nothing, but I'd personally rather miss a queue than get pulled into one automatically and not participate in what I queued for because I'm unaware I've been dropped in.

Quote Originally Posted by dahmer View Post
    Sure, don't believe several people saying the same thing, great move buddy!

In short (for the slow people to get it) this is what happens with LFR :
    - You queue
    - You don't accept (don't click anything)
    - You end up in the raid

It doesn't just happen to me as you can read in the thread.

@Rolard :
    So you never forget anything? I forgot to leave queue, that's all. I lost the gold to repair since I died and can't loot Morchok this week.
    If Blizzard would be consistent in making the queueing for lfr the same as they did for lfd I wouldn't have that problem so yes, I blame Blizzard.
    Whoa, we need like a fountain of Valium in this place...

He didn't say we were wrong, he was asking if it was fixed after testing it for us.

Thank you for testing, maybe its fixed. Maybe its sporadic. Maybe the guy above us that suggested addons was correct.

Deleted
    Whoa, we need like a fountain of Valium in this place...

He didn't say we were wrong, he was asking if it was fixed after testing it for us.

Thank you for testing, maybe its fixed. Maybe its sporadic. Maybe the guy above us that suggested addons was correct.
    Valium? You're not used to much are you..

Quote Originally Posted by dahmer View Post
    Valium? You're not used to much are you..
    Unfortunately I'm used to a lot, but I think I'm getting sick of it. People are so hostile anymore.

I can confirm that if you are queued for LFR you can sit there doing nothing and magically be accepted into the raid.

They really should fix that.

I've never had a LFRaid fail to kick an AFKer. I have, however, been in many where the "You guys suck, my DPS is so high, your all nubs!" guy got kicked in about 2 seconds.

I might be the statistical anomaly, but I've yet to have a bad LFRaid.
    You are most definitely not an anomaly. Every single AFKer I've seen so far has been kicked within 5 minutes from going afk. And I personally initiate a kick against anyone who ever says the word "baddie" or "scrub" in any context. Yes, even if they say "I spilled some fanta on my surgical scrub today".
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    They can fix that easily by having the people that goes AFK to get logged out instead of AFK for like 10 mins.