Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    they are currently trying if they can make d3 on consoles the way they want it to be. right now they really have some serious issues with the unprecise and slow controller from consoles.

i dont really see it happen, diablo is way too fast paced imo for consoles.

Not sure if your asking a question....but i think they are working their way to D3 on console. I don't rly want it, i want PC version. Its gonna be pro!
    It's like we are all Red Jelly Beans in a Jar full of various colors. Every now and then they reach in and get a Red Jelly Bean.
    We know we are in there, we can see the color, we just can't do anything to speed up our being taken out of the jar -- Jelly Beans can't speak.

Hopefully this doesn't negatively impact the PC version. I hate it when concessions are made on the PC version for the sake of the console port.

Quote Originally Posted by Awakar View Post
    It seems like the console version will take a lot longer to come out than the PC version (which is already taking a long time itself), and will likely be pretty scaled back (current consoles are really ancient), so I'm not really sure if it'll do all that well. It might do OK, but I don't know if it'll do well enough to justify the extra design time and cost.
    I doubt the consoles being old will make much of an impact. Blizzard designs games to run on hardware half a decade old to ensure a wide majority of people can play it. The consoles are about that old.

Heck, Blizzard still goes out of their way to keep WoW playable on Dial Up! They bend over backwards for have nots.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'll probably end up buying it twice.

I'll be in line at the midnight sale the PC box. end up buying it again for my PS3 once I'm feeling ambitious.

I hope there's some sort of cloud saving on B.net. If I have a character on my pc version, I hope i'll be able to play it on my ps3.

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    I doubt the consoles being old will make much of an impact. Blizzard designs games to run on hardware half a decade old to ensure a wide majority of people can play it. The consoles are about that old.

Heck, Blizzard still goes out of their way to keep WoW playable on Dial Up! They bend over backwards for have nots.
    True, but even a 6 year old computer isn't gonna run most modern Blizzard games (minus WoW), or would do so very poorly. If anyone can pull it off, it's Blizzard, but I still think there will end up being some sort of compromises made so the game can run on 360 and PS3. Console players will just have to hope they're not massive compromises.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Awakar View Post
    True, but even a 6 year old computer isn't gonna run most modern Blizzard games (minus WoW), or would do so very poorly. If anyone can pull it off, it's Blizzard, but I still think there will end up being some sort of compromises made so the game can run on 360 and PS3. Console players will just have to hope they're not massive compromises.
    Well atleast Starcraft II runs perfectly on my 4 year old laptop on medium settings.
    Warcraft III propably runs all maxed out.

Okay, people...

StarCraft Ghost - Totally seperate project that got axed not because of Blizzard, but because Microsoft and Sony didn't want it released on the PS2 and original Xbox when their new systems were coming out. The companies that were supposed to carry the product, bailed on it, cause they released new systems.

Diablo III port to Console - Same game (possibly cross-platform?!), just with a console controller, played on your TV instead. It's the SAME game, just a matter of adapting the controls in an acceptable manner. I think one title you can look at that did the gameplay of the genre well for a console title is Dungeon Hunter: Alliance for the PS3 (PSN Game, like $10). It is a hack'n'slash Diablo-style game, on console controls, and plays pretty decently.

If Blizzard manages to pull off the cross-platform viability, they will make Microsoft looks like fools too, since they haven't gone for it even now, with XBox Live and Games for Windows Live, that you can chat cross-platform, but not develop the games cross-platform.
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2012-01-14 at 11:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassination13 View Post
    Great news.

Now I just hope that for next gen Microsoft and Sony will allow for games to use mouse and keyboard (developer decision, obviously all FPS games won't use them) and MMOs on consoles. Like a dream comming true.
    Actually on the PS3 it is possible to connect a standard usb mouse and keyboard. But only few developers use this possibility. Developers have to move, not sony in this case.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassination13 View Post
    Great news.

Now I just hope that for next gen Microsoft and Sony will allow for games to use mouse and keyboard (developer decision, obviously all FPS games won't use them) and MMOs on consoles. Like a dream comming true.
    There's MMO's on the console, they're just barely played. Mostly due to the fact that they want you to pay for Xbox Live + the game's own subscription. Doing all that for an MMO played by little to no people sucks.