Deleted

Budget gaming computer!

So i could use some check up on this budget gaming build that i am about to buy!

CPU:intel i3 2100
    MoBo:Asrock z68 pro 3 (Also does anyone have any exprience with these? Google allmost gave no info about this..)
    Ram: 8gb g.skill ripjaws 1600
    HDD: 500 gb western digital
    GPU: gigabyte 560 ti OC (Also heard this one can be "broken" out of the box so it cant even handle the stock 900 mhz clocks that gigabyte gave it, true or false?)
    Case: Bitfenix merc alpha (Heard alot of good about this case for its price. Only 34 euros!)
    PSU: XFX Core edition PRO 550w

And couple of 120 mm case coolers! So how will this setup run new games and also WoW?

Deleted
    The Motherboard is pretty good and your choices in general are fine. All I would change so everything is around the same level is bump the CPU to a i5-2400/i5-2500 if you can fir it in the budget. The i3-2100 is pretty good but again considering all the other pieces it would seem more in line getting a better CPU.

Edit: Your GPU choice should be fine.
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2012-01-10 at 06:13 PM.

At least pick up an i3 2120. It's a decent performance increase for $10-15.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    Yea i am gonna up the cpu to a 2500k, when i get the money for it! And the store that i ordered from didnt have the 2120 so i just went with the 2100 knowing when i get the money i will get a 2500k or well, if by then any better model for gaming hit the market going with that then. Also good to know that the MoBo and GPU are fine!

Don't spend money on the 2500k unless you get it right now. Ivy Bridge is soon to be released, and your motherboard will be compatible with it! The 2100 should hold you over for a few months.
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    Ouh thanks for the info glo! I am then gonna go with the ivy bridge when its released! But how do you think these parts will hold their own with games? Any hope for wow on ultra?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would personally invest a decent amount into the case. The case dictates future upgrades, and its value doesn't decrease near as fast as other hardware. Everything looks fine for running most games on med-to high settings, and running wow on high settings.

Deleted
    Yea well my budget was 850e, case really fitted good into that. Also was reading about the case and heard its the best bet for its price.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use the Asrock p67 Extreme 6 and I've found Asrock to be very user friendly. It was my first build and I had no trouble with the Bios. It will probably read your RAM as 1333 and you'll have to change it to 1600 in the BIOS. I also had to change the boot order to load windows. It'll probably default to boot the HDD first but with nothing on it it'll just give an error message. I just had to go to the BIOS, change the boot order to my CD-ROM drive first and after windows installed to the HDD I went back in and chaged the boot order to HDD first. GL

Deleted
    Ouh thanks for info Khalador now i wont be like "what the..." if something like that comes up!

Get the 2500k, a decent GPU (6870 / 560ti minimum) and 8 GB of RAM. Rest you can go "a little bit" cheaper and changer it in the future.

You can save in many ways right now :
    Buying a non-SLI/XFire motherboard for 100ish $ now and a better one in the future when you want to upgrade to dual GPUs.
    Using your stock cooler now and buying an aftermarket one in the future when you want to overclock.
    Buying a 500-600W PSU (good brand though) now and upgrading to a 800W+ when you go dual GPUs.

But it's really not worth it to buy a i3 now if you expect to upgrade in the next 2-3 years as there will be close to nothing to upgrade.

Deleted
    Allready explained that right now cant fit 2500k to my budget and there allready is gigabytes overclocked version of 560 ti, and there also is 8 gb of ram goes its darn cheap. And the motherboard doesnt as far as i know even support SLI.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by djowel View Post
    Allready explained that right now cant fit 2500k to my budget and there allready is gigabytes overclocked version of 560 ti, and there also is 8 gb of ram goes its darn cheap. And the motherboard doesnt as far as i know even support SLI.
    Why are you so sold on the 560 ti? The 550 ti is $100 cheaper and you could put that $ into the 2500k. I would rather start with a really good processor and then upgrade the GPU down the road than the reverse. What are you looking to play on this PC? If it's games like WoW, SC2, LoL, Diablo then the 550 ti is plenty of GPU. If you want to play BF3 and MW3 then I guess I can see why you'd want the 560 ti.

Deleted
    Yea i am gonna play also alot of fps along with WoW and upcoming Diablo 3. So thats why my pick for the 560 ti! And gonna go for the Ivy Bridge CPU's when they are released

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    It has already been pointed out that OP will be waiting for Ivy Bridge, as that will be coming out within the next couple months.

The setup, as is now, looks good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by Khalador View Post
    Why are you so sold on the 560 ti? The 550 ti is $100 cheaper and you could put that $ into the 2500k. I would rather start with a really good processor and then upgrade the GPU down the road than the reverse. What are you looking to play on this PC? If it's games like WoW, SC2, LoL, Diablo then the 550 ti is plenty of GPU. If you want to play BF3 and MW3 then I guess I can see why you'd want the 560 ti.
    Because an i3 2100 + 560 ti will shit all over an i5 2500k + 550 ti.

Then down the road, his future Ivy Bridge CPU + 560 ti will be fine. What you're suggesting makes no logical sense.

build pics

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Because an i3 2100 + 560 ti will shit all over an i5 2500k + 550 ti.

Then down the road, his future Ivy Bridge CPU + 560 ti will be fine. What you're suggesting makes no logical sense.
    Nice job being a cunt. And the setup between an i3+560 ti and an i5+550ti would really depend on what he wants to play. So if you actually read what I wrote you'd see that I said for FPS I can see why he'd want the 560ti. But as this is MMO-C a lot of people are just playing WoW and LoL and games that don't require an expensive GPU and get better results with an overclocked processor. That's true. So my response was appropriate and open ended to what he wants to play. The Ivy bridge probably isn't going to play WoW and LoL any better than an overclocked 2500k. It might benchmark better, but it won't be noticeable to the naked eye. And if you don't believe that you're borderline retarded.