Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

You guys think Huttball should be an ESport? Constructive only

would you guys like to see Hutt ball as an E-sport and how do you think it should work?

You guy think it would have a chance to competitive? I'm talking about league games for real money?

And how should it be set up?

5 vs 5? 8 vs 8?

best 2 out of 3? Best 3 out of 5?

And should teams come pre set up? Or should each team be allowed to choose which class they want to use in the to best fit their own strat?

And would their be an audience for it? In order for there to be price money, their has o be advertisers, so you think SPike TV would show the matches? Will there be Hutt ball player SUPER stars? like Starcraft Player stars in Korea?

Just trying to get people's feedback on this idea.... please try to be constructive....

Deleted
    MMORPG + ESport = Bad Idea

(Nothing is balanced in a MMORPG)

I could see it as an eSport. Still alot of tweaking and bug fixes to be ironed out in the game overall. But it could happen. I think the arena is tight-nit enough for decent camera controls. And proper commentary could make it for an enjoyable watch. And unlike arenas in wow, there is a timer to the match. So even if the pace of the game slowed down or became dull from time to time, it wouldn't go on forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Punky View Post
    MMORPG + ESport = Bad Idea

(Nothing is balanced in a MMORPG)
    While I agree here, if Halo multiplayer can be a ESport why not Huttball?

Personally I have found Huttball to become increasingly entertaining and fun as people are slowly learning its not about kills and its all about moving the ball or defending your end zone. Love Huttball!

The only thing keeping the SWTOR platform from hosting ESports is the currently sloppy game engine. If they tighten it up, there's nothing stopping Huttball from being an ESport.

Deleted
    Warrior without pushback (currently) here, I hate it =(

Brand new game comes out.

Love PvP.

Guys, I just had this great idea, if PvP in this brand new game that I love, became an E-Sport?

*Dons monocle and reflects upon own brilliance*
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You're up in arms about something you never had and never knew you were going to have until more recent times, now you're pissed off because it turns out you might not get it, even though nobody ever actually said you were getting it anyway?
    Turns out painting a bunch of circles on the floor is all it takes to totally trivialize an encounter designed by Blizzard's dev team. I guess it must be pretty scary when your best work is broken down and utterly defeated by trigonometry.

No way could huttball be an e-sport

edit: You would need things like a combat log so that class balance could be proven otherwise it has no credibility

Deleted
    'I think for a game to become an e sport that isnt a first person shooter etc the mmo need to be tailored towards competative play from the onset.

At the moment pvp seems like an afterthought or mini game in SWTOR

so unless they fully devote their dev time towards pvp and esports i would honestly same no.

I could see Huttball eventually becoming an eSpot. I mean it is the perfect platform since it isn't so much about the kills and heals and more about team coordination and importantly a lot of team work. It could eventually have drawn up plays and formations people use like a real sport. But the game will have to be more polished before I think its realistic. Not that what they have now is falling apart but it needs a little work still.

I think Huttball could work. UT2004 had a similar gametype (bombing run) and it was well balanced. More so in this game where you rely on teammates to move you around map.
    I'm still thinking about it...

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    SWTOR PvP is, imo, decently balanced due to mirrored classes. However, I don't really think that an MMO should ever be an E-sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Demox View Post
    *Dons monocle and reflects upon own brilliance*
    Did you pay $80 for that monocle?

Organized huttball is nowhere near as entertaining as people think it would be. It's just a more complicated idea of CTF and we know just how popular WSG is in the eSports scene, don't we? Yeah, same thing with Huttball.

It's not that enjoyable to see everyone getting kicked or the ball passed around to 2 people that stealthed into position. An organized game is just "get the ball, break the stun, pass the ball, guaranteed score" and that's not really entertaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any type of game where there are multiple classes with different abilities is almost innately imbalanced. The reason games like Halo are so successful is because everybody starts every match on a level playing field.

That being said I haven't actually played this game so Idunno! =p

____________________R.I.P Excessive Gaming____________________

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crookers View Post
    No way could huttball be an e-sport

edit: You would need things like a combat log so that class balance could be proven otherwise it has no credibility
    Quote Originally Posted by Logbc View Post
    Any type of game where there are multiple classes with different abilities is almost innately imbalanced. The reason games like Halo are so successful is because everybody starts every match on a level playing field.

That being said I haven't actually played this game so Idunno! =p
    And these are the reasons so many people suck at Huttball. You guys think that any class you roll can fulfill any role in Huttball. Sorry guys, that just isnt true. Once you learn what your responsibilities are in Huttball to your team based on your classes abilities you will realize its not about balancing classes. Its about knowing your role, just like in a raid. There is no need to balance classes so they can each compete 1v1, Huttball is not about KILLS!

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    There is no need to balance classes so they can each compete 1v1, Huttball is not about KILLS!
    Until they start properly rewarding people who play roles, Huttball really is all about the kills. I scored 4 points last night and assisted in the other two and only ended up with two medals. Luckily, that change is coming per a dev post.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Until they start properly rewarding people who play roles, Huttball really is all about the kills. I scored 4 points last night and assisted in the other two and only ended up with two medals. Luckily, that change is coming per a dev post.
    then maybe there needs to be 2 divisions like 2 types of play?

1) Type one is bring your own class, where you are allowed to bring the toon you geared and worked on, and the team mates you have formed from your server.

2) Type two would be pre set teams, so both sides are playing with the same set up, same gear, so there really shouldn't be any balance issues if both sides. So both teams start on equal footing, and the only factor that would matter would be player skill and team co-ordination.

Come on people lets be creative.... have you guys seen how many types of poker variations there are? Literally thousands of ways poker can be played.

Suggest new ideas..... should there be other Hutt arenas? A huttball arena on each planet with different designs? Like a desert based, outdoor one on Tatooine?

10+ Year Old Account
    Shitty engine
    MMO pvp balance isn't for esports

mostly the second

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    And these are the reasons so many people suck at Huttball. You guys think that any class you roll can fulfill any role in Huttball. Sorry guys, that just isnt true. Once you learn what your responsibilities are in Huttball to your team based on your classes abilities you will realize its not about balancing classes. Its about knowing your role, just like in a raid. There is no need to balance classes so they can each compete 1v1, Huttball is not about KILLS!
    exactly I really like Huttball, last night me a knight and healer worked in tandem as a 2 man team within the game and we did great!

He would heal me up when I had the ball and I would do my best to beat down and slow the opponents and when my health gets low I would pass off to him to run it in, and vice versa, the other side scored first and we thought for sure we were DOOMED but we kept up our team work and I scored the first one and he scored another and we ended up winning 2- 1.....its a great feeling when you play as a team and win!

The only way pvp in swtor will be esports is only if they make arena 2s, 3s and 4s. No game objectives.