2's Hpal/Enh Shammy Good Comp Now?

I recently picked up my friend as a Holy paladin and we have achieved 1700 in 2's. Is this comp starting to become better together or am I crazy?

Deleted
    Neither really, 1700 is not alot, just wait until u reach the 2k+

You're crazy. 2s is bad. 1700 isn't that high either.

Lol, you've pretty much hit your ceiling. Getting past 2k with that comp will be an exercise in futility. Honestly I'd be shocked if you get to 1900.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamygandof View Post
    Lol, you've pretty much hit your ceiling. Getting past 2k with that comp will be an exercise in futility. Honestly I'd be shocked if you get to 1900.
    might be alright if they queue some double dps teams... especially ones who got up there with some lucky gibbs

but yeh they will ceiling quickly from now.

Deleted
    Out of curiosity, do you ever win against other Healer+DPS teams? Since enhancement shamans aren't exactly renowned for their bursting capabilities, and I can imagine you having troubles bursting something down even with a cc chain.

Tell your pally friend to go ret and you'll stand a better chance of hitting 2k. You'll both have to be really really good to hit the 2.2k mark still.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tell your pally friend to go ret and you'll stand a better chance of hitting 2k. You'll both have to be really really good to hit the 2.2k mark still.
    This.

As Hpala/Enhance I can't see you land any kills on disc/dps teams just due to the fact that Enhance can't kill healers alone. Whereas the Disc will just burn your paladin and they will win eventually.
    Have your paladin go ret, practise keep communicating with WoG/BoP/Freedom/Hex/HoJ/Repeantance cd's and you can reach 2200 by gibbing healers/mages/warlocks.

People really are underestimating Enh now. Don't let people tell you its weak because if played right it isn't. It was the last 2 seasons but it is fairly strong atm. It has VERY solid burst and damage as well as good survivability and control. If you play together you will make it work. It won't be as easy as many comps but it can work.

Also 1700 is about equal to 1800-1900 last season if not more with how retarded easy it was to jump up in MMR and ratings. So you aren't doing as bad as some people will tell you.

R1 on Nightfall US is an Enh/Rogue/Pally team. Decent players can take anything to 2.2k and anyone who says differently is bad PERIOD but not many people can take a spec as gimped as everyone pretends Enh is and take it to R1.

People talk shit about stuff that is considered weak far to often without really knowing. Hunters were considered too weak to play with when I played PHD and everyone was like "play a real comp and you ratings would be f'ing amazing." then a PHD wins Blizzcon and now "PHD is OP" and "Hunters are OP" and you see Hunters EVERY FUCKING WHERE NOW. People like to parrot what they read on the forums and it doesn't always mean they know wtf they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixzy View Post
    As Hpala/Enhance I can't see you land any kills on disc/dps teams just due to the fact that Enhance can't kill healers alone.
    Idk about that I haven't had a decent Enh team go for my healer in 3's but I've seen what they can do to a squishy DPS. Often I don't think just going healer is a smart strat in 2's and if you play it right you can kill a DPS while keeping a healer locked down.

In 3's we've faced Enh/War, Enh/Rog, and Enh/DK all of which put out amazing pressure. I actually think we faced a caster/Enh/Pally team that was pretty strong (seems like a lock) and really surprised us.

Whereas the Disc will just burn your paladin and they will win eventually.
    I hope his healer isn't that bad. Who in fuck gets Mana Burned anymore anyway?

Have your paladin go ret, practise keep communicating with WoG/BoP/Freedom/Hex/HoJ/Repeantance cd's and you can reach 2200 by gibbing healers/mages/warlocks.
    This isn't the worst idea in the world. If you play 2's be kind to yourselves and don't play with a healer. The games are long and boring once you get past 1800. I'm playing Ret/DK in 2's and its fairly fun you should have no troubles killing healers as Ret/Enh at all and will tear up many squishies like DK's for example.

I like how someone who comes in here theorizing and talking about what they seen or think they've seen, don't play the class/spec, and give advice like they infact know what they are talking about.

I like how someone who comes in here theorizing and talking about what they seen or think they've seen, don't play the class/spec, and give advice like they infact know what they are talking about.

Idk but I wouldn't doubt your referring to me since I didn't list my "credentials" and probably sounded like I was theorizing.

I played both Enh and Resto to 2k in Wrath which isn't shit but I'm not ignorant of the class. I still play Resto with an Enh offset I just haven't made Enh a priority anymore because I have a Mage, War, Resto and DK that already require enough attention and because there is a bunch of ignorant people out there that have a preconceived notion just like they did when I played PriestHD so its hard to get decent teammates at my level.

I've topped out at 2550 rating and 2600 MMR without exploiting it. I faced that R1 Rogue/Enh 3's team on their way up twice and frapsed it when we were both still in the 1900's a couple weeks ago so I know how strong it is when not played by mouth breathers. How many decently rated Enh have you faced that makes you think they are so terrible? If you think Enh can't hit 2.2k and can barely hit 2k I'm guessing you haven't been far past there yourself or else you would realize how easy those ratings are if someone isn't brain damaged playing ANY comp except probably double healer. Shit people took double Blood DK to 2400 pre-Vengeance buff and only retards and Warriors can't kill most Blood DK's especially as double DPS.

If someone doesn't know how strong Enh is atm its because either they aren't good or they haven't faced any good ones. I haven't seen one above 1900 that didn't put out pressure like nothing I've seen Enh do since Beastcleave and even then I wonder if it doesn't have more or if I'm just facing better Enh than I did back then. I think they feel scarier than when BL was still allowed personally.

First off this was a guy asking about 2's and specifically enh/hpal. You keep bringing up 3's and what you've seen there by pretty good enh sham. I have no doubt if played at a higher than average level with partners who are well suited to covering your flaws that enh can succeed. The op made a thread about how easy it was getting to 1700 and we proceeded to let him know that 1700 is no really a great achievement and his road to 2k and above would be much more difficult and that his current teams composition is not going to do it. Enh is definitely better than it has been since the beginning of cat no doubt. It is still a comparatively gimped spec, make no mistake about that.

any comp in twos can hit 2200

Quote Originally Posted by Engaged View Post
    any comp in twos can hit 2200
    Any born citizen in the united states can become president.