Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybudd33 View Post
    Can someone elaborate on this for me, because I"m confusedWhen activated, increases the chance melee attacks will miss you by 100%, reduces the chance ranged attacks will hit you by 100% and grants a 100% chance to deflect spells. While Deterrence is active, you cannot attack. Lasts 5 sec.With it currently having this effect, what other damage is left that needs to be reduced by 30%?
    There are certain boss abilities which get past deterrence. My guess is this change is made to give hunters a cd against those.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgalie View Post
    its still not enough ^_^ just because ur a mage then you will top the meters, ocause you need to be a decent player etc. but still
    If you don't understand how fire works and how the nerfs will affect more than just the direct casts of those spells, please don't run off at the mouth.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sad. I saw that and thought it said Patch 4.4.

Oh well, good to see fire mages finally getting nerfed.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Beast Mastery ------------ Aspect of the Hawk now increases ranged Attack Power by 2700, up from 2000.
    I don't understand is the Aspect of the Hawk buff JUST for Beast Mastery? Or every spec?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mimee View Post
    Beast Mastery ------------ Aspect of the Hawk now increases ranged Attack Power by 2700, up from 2000.
    I don't understand is the Aspect of the Hawk buff JUST for Beast Mastery? Or every spec?
    Every spec. They buffed Hunters to be on par as Legendary staff classes.

Only encounter changes that were posted were the ones that aren't changed, just tooltip corrections. but all of these tooltips also changed and do reflect different values then confirmed values on live, indicating actual fight changes/nerfs

Zon'Ozz Heroic Retuned/Normal nerfed?Buff to aoe but nerf to eyes individual damage. Seems could be they want to rebalance the fight a little less RNG bursty, so less risk of someone getting WTF owned by being targeted by a bunch of stuff at once. The overall raid damage should be about the same i speculate)
    Black Blood of Go'rath: Deals 4300 (up from 3795) damage every 2 seconds (per stack)
    The Eye of Go'rath casts its Shadowy Gaze at a random player, inflicting 23310 to 27090 (down from 25900 to 30100) Shadow damage.

Hagara Nerfed?:
    Drowning within Hagara's water bubble causes 12% (down from 15%) of maximum health to be lost and reduces movement speed by 50%.

Ultraxion?: (green buff removing "direct" from tooltip is what caught my eye, does this mean what i think? green will now affect more hots?
    Essence of Dreams: Imbues one target with the power of dreams. Healing done is duplicated and distributed evenly amongst all friendly targets within 50 yards.

Gunship Nerfs?:
    Twilight Barrage (10N/25N): Deals 140000 (down from 200000) Shadow damage to players within 5 yards of the point of impact. If no players are struck, the Skyfire instead suffers the full brunt.
    Twilight Barrage (10H): Deals 280000 (down from 300000) Shadow damage to players within 5 yards of the point of impact and increases their Shadow damage taken by 50% for 15 sec, stacking. If no players are struck, the Skyfire instead suffers the full brunt.
    Twilight Barrage (25H): Deals 280000 (down from 300000) Shadow damage to players within 5 yards of the point of impact and increases their Shadow damage taken by 50% for 6 sec, stacking. If no players are struck, the Skyfire instead suffers the full brunt.

Spine Nerfed?:
    Blood of Neltharion (10H/25H): The barest hint of a shadow of the former Earth-Warder suffuses your blood. Damage taken from all sources is reduced by 20% (up from 10%). This effect can stack up to $U times
    Degradation (10H/25H): Destroyed Amalgamations degrade the maximum health of all enemy targets by 5% (down from 6%). This effect occurs regardless of the state of the nucleus and stacks up to 15 times.
    Grasping Tendrils (All): Damage reduced in all difficulties (to about 1/3rd of what it used to be). Slow reduced on heroic to 35% (down from 50%)

Dragonsoul Trash Mobs:
    Exploding Boulder: Inflicts 19500 to 20500 (down from 34125 to 35875) Physical damage.
    Last edited by MysticalOS; 2012-01-11 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiie View Post
    It's not a typo. It is European notation which is equivalent to a period. Do not freak out over something so trivial.
    i don't understand. European notation?? why would they use European notation on JUST the mage patch notes and not on the other patch notes for the other classes where they correctly used standard decimal points?? because if that is indeed European notation than they did infact ONLY use it on the mage patch notes and not the other classes... so i highly doubt it's european notation, However i also HIGHLY doubt it is a typo because it seems unlikely they would typo twice in a row for both pyroblast and fireball. What else could this comma mean? since the comma appears only on this current revision of the patch note and not on the original patch note where it doesn't even have decimals its just a solid 6% one would think perhaps they are reducing it down to the latter number after the comma , . who knows. just my 2c

soo vengeance change removed? or just not on PTR yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Envojus View Post
    LOL.... um, no, they didn't. I love how people who know nothing of the hunter class and where it is sitting atm, whom come in a spout comments like this. -_-

So they buffed hunters by 700AP, which is about 1/2 of what they should have gotten along with the melee in getting the 20% AP bonus (up from 10%) (Oh and FA in the great scheme of things and how well they scale, but any buff is appreciated). There would be no way that they would buff hunters to compete with a legendary, what would the point of them be then. They are trying (I assume) to bring them up a little closer to the middle of the pack of those without a legendary, not the bottom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alskonda View Post
    Lol, wand machine gun.
    XD. I'm gonna be doing this in LFR as my filler. Rata tat tat dat ass

yes let's not fix the HUGE mage delta in their damage...let's just make the lows LOWER and think of only the obscene high end of the most RNG spec in the game

Blizzard is so freakin stupid...you shrink the window...you don't shift it to the left

....[ ].. after the nerf its ..[ ]....
    should have been

..[ ].. to ....[ ]....
    Last edited by Eleveneleven; 2012-01-11 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mimee View Post
    all specs but in the end it's definitely the biggest gain for BM spec

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Configer View Post
    Still no sign on priest and rogue nerfs ........
    I can perhaps understand the call for rogue nerfs although its 'their patch' (legendary etc)..

But what aspect of priests would you like to see nerfed and why? Can't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Envojus View Post
    Not even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by blitzkrieg3002 View Post
    i don't understand. European notation?? why would they use European notation on JUST the mage patch notes and not on the other patch notes for the other classes where they correctly used standard decimal points?? because if that is indeed European notation than they did infact ONLY use it on the mage patch notes and not the other classes... so i highly doubt it's european notation, However i also HIGHLY doubt it is a typo because it seems unlikely they would typo twice in a row for both pyroblast and fireball. What else could this comma mean? since the comma appears only on this current revision of the patch note and not on the original patch note where it doesn't even have decimals its just a solid 6% one would think perhaps they are reducing it down to the latter number after the comma , . who knows. just my 2c
    There is a world outside the US that doesn't always do things exactly the way you're used to. In this case we write 6.2 as 6,2 - either way is correct and means the same. It's not being changed from 6 to 3, that would have been written in a much clearer way.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I'm sad. I saw that and thought it said Patch 4.4.

Oh well, good to see fire mages finally getting nerfed.
    Why is it "Good"? If your raid group has one (if not many), which most raids certainly do - it just made your group that much weaker.
    People that were being sat before (if so), will remain there (fire will still be top or near top dps). So, how does this benefit you in any way?

I love how you fools wish nerfs upon certain PvE specs, just because your own personal DPS doesn't match up.
    Instead of looking for buffs to your own class, you would rather another get nerfed; quite pathetic if you ask me.

Note: This coming from someone who Doesn't raid as Fire and was perfectly fine with others utilizing it, even if it was superior.

Deleted
    Arcane Shot still consumes LnL procs on PTR... so awful to wait for that change!

So they ninja-removed the arcane shot consuming LnL? That was the part I loved the most...well BA ticking every 2 seconds for 20 seconds is also very good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celoric View Post
    So they ninja-removed the arcane shot consuming LnL? That was the part I loved the most...well BA ticking every 2 seconds for 20 seconds is also very good.
    It's definitely confusing that the LnL change isn't on the PTR yet. This change is so necessary!

another manacost nerf for holypals =(