Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    As a dark assassin I find my role best to accompany the ball carrier while using guard, taunt, and mass mind control. The taunts actually serve a purpose in PVP and lower the damage done by 30% for 15 second if they aren't attacking you. Coupled with guard, that keeps your ball carrier alive for quite a while.

I'd say the most funny thing to do as an assassin though has got to be force pulling the enemy ball carrier up into the safety area where you spawn. They are so so close to scoring and then *BAM* insta death and the ball goes to the closest one of your team mates or back to mid if nobody is there to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    As a dark assassin I find my role best to accompany the ball carrier while using guard, taunt, and mass mind control. The taunts actually serve a purpose in PVP and lower the damage done by 30% for 15 second if they aren't attacking you. Coupled with guard, that keeps your ball carrier alive for quite a while.

I'd say the most funny thing to do as an assassin though has got to be force pulling the enemy ball carrier up into the safety area where you spawn. They are so so close to scoring and then *BAM* insta death and the ball goes to the closest one of your team mates or back to mid if nobody is there to get it.
    They die if they go in your safe area?

How should I exploit this... hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    They die if they go in your safe area?

How should I exploit this... hmm...

Yep, instantly.

thats wrong, if you pull the ballcarrier back to your safe zone he will actually pass the score line and they will get the point, althoug he will die an instant after.
    you can do that with his healers though or people who position themselves to catch the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    thats wrong, if you pull the ballcarrier back to your safe zone he will actually pass the score line and they will get the point, althoug he will die an instant after.
    you can do that with his healers though or people who position themselves to catch the ball.
    No. No point is scored. They actually have to go on the ground past the goal line to get the point. Last game I played I used this to stop the game winning goal in a 5-5 match with only 30 seconds left on the clock.

And thus the "No, I'm right. You're wrong." debate bursts forth from the womb.

I experienced this at least twice yesterday and once we won a game because the enemy assassin scored us the 6th point with that.
    but well, maybe its buggy as are lots of things in this game.

In alot of ways, I agree with you. Alot of way I don't. They're all capable of passing the ball, and so long as they are close enough, and everyone focuses on keeping people out of the way, either permanently by killing them, or temporarily by stunning them and or knocking them away from the cat walk, any class can run the mile and score one for the team.

I just usually say in alot of games this: Play this game like Basketball. Most of the time, it clicks, and the team starts understanding that passing is more important than killing, and blocking, or knocking the ball carrier off course and into the pit, is more effective than killing him.

From personal experiences, I believe all classes are just as capable to run the ball into the goal line. I've no problem with people having a personal preference for having a certain class run the ball. It's true that some are better at that. But, with random selections, make due with what ya got, and hope for the best, and pass the god-damn ball when your teammates are ahead of you and you are dying FFS!
    Last edited by DoctorDoomkin; 2012-01-11 at 07:30 AM.

Here's a video of me using force pull on the ball carrier to kill him, and him not scoring, but giving me the ball instead.

Deleted
    Here's a video of me using force pull on the ball carrier to kill him, and him not scoring, but giving me the ball instead.

Nice, but learn to pass

Btw guys is not huttball specific but as u are teaching people how to play then is worth mentioning the resolve bar, check it and if it is white don't waste ur stuns...even if it seems to be bugged as hell someone say.

A good resolve guide here.
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=61363

If you are up 5-0 and winning easily you can also throw the ball to people who just respawned but not yet over the goalline to kill them . Doesn't give you a point but is pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    Yeah I know, bad pass. After 4 matches with no chance to record what I wanted I was just happy to finally get it done and over, wasn't expecting to get the ball so I just threw it away and left the WZ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDoomkin View Post
    In alot of ways, I agree with you. Alot of way I don't. They're all capable of passing the ball, and so long as they are close enough, and everyone focuses on keeping people out of the way, either permanently by killing them, or temporarily by stunning them and or knocking them away from the cat walk, any class can run the mile and score one for the team.

I just usually say in alot of games this: Play this game like Basketball. Most of the time, it clicks, and the team starts understanding that passing is more important than killing, and blocking, or knocking the ball carrier off course and into the pit, is more effective than killing him.
    Sure any class can run the mile, any defensive man can shoot the ball in a hoop. Doesn't mean they should, same goes for Huttball.

Are we seriously discussing a bug that's being exploited...and praising it? It's bad enough that 80% of Huttball victories don't even give credit towards the daily/weekly, let's introduce more jackasses to ways of ruining the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Are we seriously discussing a bug that's being exploited...and praising it? It's bad enough that 80% of Huttball victories don't even give credit towards the daily/weekly, let's introduce more jackasses to ways of ruining the game.
    Interesting, Ive never had this happen to me. Also you will get kicked out of the war zone if you are in the spawn area too long, its more or less a situational thing and I doubt its going to ruin the game. Maybe your day, but not the game.

here's how you play huttball, run several premade groups, get into the same game, lol as even other premades can't deal with 3 healers as you ignore all strategy, clump together, and camp their spawn, people leave, game ends early.

pulling somebody into the spawning are and getting him instantly killed by doing so sounds like abuse to me :>

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    pulling somebody into the spawning are and getting him instantly killed by doing so sounds like abuse to me :>
    It also works on Battle for Alderaan apparently. If you pull them up to the center gun landing platform. Had some PT do it to me last night cuz I was ganking them as they dropped down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    It also works on Battle for Alderaan apparently. If you pull them up to the center gun landing platform. Had some PT do it to me last night cuz I was ganking them as they dropped down.

Interesting. I wonder if this happens in an attempt to prevent spawn camping like you were doing.