Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Corysi View Post
    I've gotten out of two permanent bans, two hackings pre authenticator and numerous other issues by requesting a Senior GM and/or calling customer service and requesting a supervisor. Out of all the times I've done this about things I've TRULY cared about (aka everything that wasn't reporting someone for something dumb), I have always come out the winner in this little battle with customer service. Your mileage may vary, but I've never been disappointed with this tactic.

Edit: Oh and it isn't a waste of time since it usually works. The waste of time is the GM who automates a response and ignores the issue. The first time I was banned was a HUGE ordeal and I eventually got the one GM fired. (I'm assuming, I was contacted a couple times via email and phone calls due to his behavior and I had to clarify statements and such.)
    All of those situations have nothing related to loot rolls in a random raid or dungeon. Sorry, but having something overturned by a supervisor who investigates a real issue further isn't anywhere close to comparable to someone whining about lfr loot.

Disconnect 25 seconds into a boss fight due to a lag spike, log back in, im sitting in org, cannot zone in because encounter is in progress. Boss dies. Zone in, cant roll on loot, saved to boss.

Saved to a boss I didn't kill, and loot locked even though I didn't roll on anything.

Blizz's response;
    Cant reset your loot lockedness, try again next week.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    Before he could trade the item to me and I could leave to wait for the realm to reset, someone started the Spine of Deathwing encounter.
    I still leave because there is no time for me to finish the fight before my realm resets.
    However, when I come back online the LFR toolbox says I am unable to loot Spine of Deathwing this week.
    If I am reading this correctly You actually selected " leave group" from the interface, rather than letting the realm reset kick you. If you had stayed in group the whole time and allowed the reset to take you off-line then the GM could have helped you because you were forced out by blizzard. But seeing as you removed your self from group rather then let the reset kick you, the GM wouldn't help you. Unfortunately it really comes down the the nit-picky details. next time let the Realm reset kick you, dont leave voluntarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Henline View Post
    All of those situations have nothing related to loot rolls in a random raid or dungeon. Sorry, but having something overturned by a supervisor who investigates a real issue further isn't anywhere close to comparable to someone whining about lfr loot.
    I've gotten out of two permanent bans, two hackings pre authenticator and numerous other issues
    Some of which have been loot disputes. I suppose I should have clarified that. I've had a couple things taken from me due to unique loot rules when I've been reported as a ninja. I've always stated my loot rules in raid chat and all I've had to do was tell contact GM, ask for a supervisor and have them review chat logs and verify that those actually were the loot rules and I get my items back. (Solace and DBW were two examples in WotLK).

The moral of the story is, don't believe the generic automatic or scripted responses you get from GMs, they frequently do not actually care.
    I don't care if WoW steals ideas from another game. I just wish they'd steal aoe looting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    The reason for getting saved to loot as soon as the boss is pulled is because of high end guilds exploiting the system.
    You have the answer right here. Elitist bastards exploiting a system they wont use past week 1, and ruin the experience for others.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by SpathaSWC View Post
    If I am reading this correctly You actually selected " leave group" from the interface, rather than letting the realm reset kick you. If you had stayed in group the whole time and allowed the reset to take you off-line then the GM could have helped you because you were forced out by blizzard. But seeing as you removed your self from group rather then let the reset kick you, the GM wouldn't help you. Unfortunately it really comes down the the nit-picky details. next time let the Realm reset kick you, dont leave voluntarily.
    Leaving a group isn't against any rules set forth by Blizzard.

---------- Post added 2012-01-10 at 09:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    You have the answer right here. Elitist bastards exploiting a system they wont use past week 1, and ruin the experience for others.
    Actually, no that's not why. As it was stated above, it was a fix made in BC because if you released during a boss fight (there used to be a release timer of like 3-5 minutes back in the day iirc) you were not eligible for loot. This situation would have happened in ANY 5 man heroic, raid or LFR.
    I don't care if WoW steals ideas from another game. I just wish they'd steal aoe looting.

Quote Originally Posted by SpathaSWC View Post
    Actually you are incorrect there. The 2nd week LFR came out, I was kicked offline around the 2nd platform of madness due to realm reset, I came back online, I was no longer in the raid group and I was saved to Madness loot. Contacted a GM, and I was given the "too bad, sucks to be, wait until next week speech"

edit: I was also told "Thats why we give realm reset warnings, so you can avoid stuff like this"
    Last edited by Gillie; 2012-01-11 at 04:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    Actually you are incorrect there. The 2nd week LFR came out, I was kicked offline around the 2nd platform of madness due to realm reset, I came back online, I was no longer in the raid group and I was saved to Madness loot. Contacted a GM, and I was given the "too bad, sucks to be, wait until next week speech"

edit: I was also told "Thats why we give realm reset warnings, so you can avoid stuff like this"
    This has also been a problem with LFD and realm restarts. Back when ZA/ZG launched and DC's were everywhere, many times I got screwed out of the dungeon lock.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a similar problem when I dced mid-fight. When I relogged, I ended up in Org and couldn't get back into the instance. A few minutes later, the encounter is over, but I couldn't loot it, but it still saved me to it.

I opened a ticket, I was online, the GM didn't even take the time to talk to me. Received an automated message pretty much saying too bad, the encounter starts and you are in the group still, you get saved to the loot. Why? Does it say that in the patch notes? How am I suppose to know this, AND why would you do that Blizz? With how gun ho so many people are in LFR there is rarely time to leave before the next encounter starts ( granted the ones with trash have time, but once you get into Warmaster, spine, and madness there is no trash)
    that's just how the system works.
    If you are there on the start, you participate in the loot rolls.
    If you leave, it will still wait for your roll, delaying everybody still in raid.
    You are legible to getting loot from that boss in trades if you can contact them. Now that would surely be a nice exploit if it allowed that, but didn't save you to it, wouldn't it?

Doesn't server reset not affect instance in progress anyways?
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

Some of which have been loot disputes. I suppose I should have clarified that. I've had a couple things taken from me due to unique loot rules when I've been reported as a ninja. I've always stated my loot rules in raid chat and all I've had to do was tell contact GM, ask for a supervisor and have them review chat logs and verify that those actually were the loot rules and I get my items back. (Solace and DBW were two examples in WotLK).

The moral of the story is, don't believe the generic automatic or scripted responses you get from GMs, they frequently do not actually care.
    One problem with including those loot disputes in your argument, they still aren't relevant at all to what this post was about. You can't compare ML mishaps to N>G mishaps for example because N>G is handled by the server and ML issues are only overturned if there was an arranged agreement in chat the GM can reference.

The moral of the story is, if there have been CM posts about it and numerous people posting responses with nothing to the contrary then you can take it at face value. They are aware of the issue, but there is nothing they can do about it right now. There is a point where you have to accept things for what they are and stop pressing, pressing only takes time away from people with an actual issue that might be resolved.

Anyway, to some of the people complaining about DCs making you ineligible you might try reloading your UI. I've not tried it personally since I've not run into the problem, but I've heard a few people mention it in the past few LFRs I've been in when people encounter it.

---------- Post added 2012-01-11 at 01:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jawstrock View Post
    Doesn't server reset not affect instance in progress anyways?
    It used to function like that once upon a time iirc, but it's been a long time since I've been in an instance during a restart. I think you just had to wait until the server came back up to leave or you'd get the "World Server Down" message and be kicked to the character select screen.
    Last edited by Henline; 2012-01-11 at 01:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although in your case it's a bit of a shame. The general idea behind it is good though. It deters players leaving mid fight and causing others to wipe.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

One problem with including those loot disputes in your argument, they still aren't relevant at all to what this post was about. You can't compare ML mishaps to N>G mishaps for example because N>G is handled by the server and ML issues are only overturned if there was an arranged agreement in chat the GM can reference.

The moral of the story is, if there have been CM posts about it and numerous people posting responses with nothing to the contrary then you can take it at face value. They are aware of the issue, but there is nothing they can do about it right now. There is a point where you have to accept things for what they are and stop pressing, pressing only takes time away from people with an actual issue that might be resolved.

Anyway, to some of the people complaining about DCs making you ineligible you might try reloading your UI. I've not tried it personally since I've not run into the problem, but I've heard a few people mention it in the past few LFRs I've been in when people encounter it.

---------- Post added 2012-01-11 at 01:17 PM ----------

It used to function like that once upon a time iirc, but it's been a long time since I've been in an instance during a restart. I think you just had to wait until the server came back up to leave or you'd get the "World Server Down" message and be kicked to the character select screen.
    Oh gee you're right. Well, when I resub today I will queue LFR and leave after a boss has been pulled and get locked to that loot and make my supervisor fuss and come back and prove you wrong with screenshots, just to make sure you're happy.

The ONLY limiting factor he has going for him is the fact it is LFR and there is no GM involvement about LFR loot issues, but I'm willing to bet that the GMs have skimmed his tickets and think he's bitching about loot, not getting locked to something he wasn't involved in.

That's how raiding works, and it has worked that way since at least back in Wrath. If you take part in a boss fight, and the boss dies that fight, you are saved to it.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

If it was really started by someone attempting to rush, it can be considered an attempt at grieving, and he has EVERY right to leave in that situation. The fact the remainder of the group managed to down the encounter is blind, dumb luck. You can loophole your way out of SO much shit with Blizzard.

Oh gee you're right. Well, when I resub today I will queue LFR and leave after a boss has been pulled and get locked to that loot and make my supervisor fuss and come back and prove you wrong with screenshots, just to make sure you're happy.

The ONLY limiting factor he has going for him is the fact it is LFR and there is no GM involvement about LFR loot issues, but I'm willing to bet that the GMs have skimmed his tickets and think he's bitching about loot, not getting locked to something he wasn't involved in.
    There is no other possible thing he could be bitching about. You can run LFR as many times as you want to do the boss fights with no loot so logically this post only boils down to "I didn't get a chance at loot". Something he might have been able to use may have dropped and he might have even won the item, but it's just as likely he wouldn't have been able to use any of it or he might have lost every roll for stuff he could have.

If he left the fight after it had begun then he was involved in it. It prevented the group from finding a replacement before the fight and could have possibly led to a wipe (though it's LFR so 1 person leaving, unless it's a tank, likely wouldn't affect much). Either way you can waste a supervisor's time all you want, but I look forward to you not returning to "prove me wrong" or trying to photoshop screenshots to attempt to convince anyone otherwise. Honestly I hope you are extremely persistent with them and get actioned for harassing them since that's exactly what it is when you continuously ignore what you are told. Don't think it's possible for that to happen? It can and has (though it's an extreme amount of ignorance and persistence and I suspect you lack the persistence part).

There is no other possible thing he could be bitching about. You can run LFR as many times as you want to do the boss fights with no loot so logically this post only boils down to "I didn't get a chance at loot". Something he might have been able to use may have dropped and he might have even won the item, but it's just as likely he wouldn't have been able to use any of it or he might have lost every roll for stuff he could have.

If he left the fight after it had begun then he was involved in it. It prevented the group from finding a replacement before the fight and could have possibly led to a wipe (though it's LFR so 1 person leaving, unless it's a tank, likely wouldn't affect much). Either way you can waste a supervisor's time all you want, but I look forward to you not returning to "prove me wrong" or trying to photoshop screenshots to attempt to convince anyone otherwise. Honestly I hope you are extremely persistent with them and get actioned for harassing them since that's exactly what it is when you continuously ignore what you are told. Don't think it's possible for that to happen? It can and has (though it's an extreme amount of ignorance and persistence and I suspect you lack the persistence part).
    He left the instance for the sole reason of a realm restart happening.

The timer was first noticed during Gunship.

He waited through the entire Gunship fight and the subsequent loot rolls. (We all know how long the loot rolls in raid finder can take.)

Then, what I'm getting from the OP's comments is that immediately after the looting was finished, the next encounter was started, as he was getting ready to leave.

And finally, I'd been warned many times about reopening issues and how it's an actionable offense after a certain point, but I've been in the right every single time and the problems have been fixed. However, there is no harm in asking for a Senior GM to review the case and if you are denied by a lower person with automated responses in game, a call to customer service and their supervisors quickly fixes it. Persistence is generally perceived as being annoying to the low man on the totem pole and unless they're being belligerent and stubborn, they will be more than happy to get you their supervisor just so they don't have to listen to you anymore.

Persistence is generally perceived as being annoying to the low man on the totem pole and unless they're being belligerent and stubborn, they will be more than happy to get you their supervisor just so they don't have to listen to you anymore.
    I have nothing against persistence when it's about something important that you know can be fixed. I've opened a ticket and re-opened it at least 6 times trying to get an answer about something the GMs responding had no clue about (answered by at least 3 different ones). The point I was trying to make is that when you have an issue with something new (LFR) and many people have created tickets and posted the responses on forums without a single credible (read: not a troll) post saying anything to the contrary, it's a pretty safe bet that there is nothing they can do about it. No amount of persistence, belligerent or not, is going to change that. Consider it the equivalent of someone repeatedly opening tickets trying to get an item from LFR that is sitting on the corpse but they didn't win the roll on. Spending time on something like that, especially if you continuously waste GM time by harassing them because you don't like the response you got, is only going to get your account actioned.

I have nothing against persistence when it's about something important that you know can be fixed. I've opened a ticket and re-opened it at least 6 times trying to get an answer about something the GMs responding had no clue about (answered by at least 3 different ones). The point I was trying to make is that when you have an issue with something new (LFR) and many people have created tickets and posted the responses on forums without a single credible (read: not a troll) post saying anything to the contrary, it's a pretty safe bet that there is nothing they can do about it. No amount of persistence, belligerent or not, is going to change that. Consider it the equivalent of someone repeatedly opening tickets trying to get an item from LFR that is sitting on the corpse but they didn't win the roll on. Spending time on something like that, especially if you continuously waste GM time by harassing them because you don't like the response you got, is only going to get your account actioned.
    Okay, but he's not complaining about a shiny corpse with an item he lost a roll on. Assuming he's being 100% honest, he should not be locked to a boss kill he did not take part in due to a grieving tactic (GOGOGOGOGOGOGO puller) and him attempting to be a polite player and leaving the group due to his realm coming down.