Accuracy for Sorc

Hello there,

I'm hoping someone can clarify Accuracy for me as a Sorc.

- Yes I know it's just like hit ratting from WoW.

- However on sithwarrior.com page, the madness guide claims that spells have a base 100% chance to hit in PvE.
    - They also claimed that no PvE mobs have any resistance which means that accuracy is completely useless for Sorc DPS in PvE

But then:
    - I start reading the lightning guide, and they claim that hitting the 110% (like 340 accuracy?) is crucial.

I have not had a chance to do an Ops yet, can someone shed some light on this? Do you see any of your spells missing?

The 110% is for PvP as all classes have 5% base defense, tanks gain an additional 5% through talents.

As far as I am aware Accuracy has 0 benefit in PvE. I could be wrong, but I'm like 99% sure.

So, from a loot perspective then, Willpower + accuracy gear in PvE belongs to the assasins and shadows?

Yes, in PvE Accuracy rating above and beyond 100% will reduce the target's Armor rating, making physical attacks hit harder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The 110% is for PvP as all classes have 5% base defense, tanks gain an additional 5% through talents.

As far as I am aware Accuracy has 0 benefit in PvE. I could be wrong, but I'm like 99% sure.
    decreases the enemy's defense above 100% the tooltip says ...

maybe pve-stuff also has defense that can be decreased

Yes, in PvE Accuracy rating above and beyond 100% will reduce the target's Armor rating, making physical attacks hit harder.
    That's what I thought at first too, but, the accuracy tooltip clearly says "Accuracy over 100% reduces the target's defense". I assume it literally means, lowers the targets defense rating on your attacks, meaning, they will dodge/parry less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    That's what I thought at first too, but, the accuracy tooltip clearly says "Accuracy over 100% reduces the target's defense". I assume it literally means, lowers the targets defense rating on your attacks, meaning, they will dodge/parry less.
    It may reduce parry chance, but like WoW mobs can't parry from behind. AFAIK there is no actual rating for Dodge, unless they're combined. But from all I've read and seen Accuracy is primarily a PvP consistency stat and a moderate PvE physical damage gain for armor reduction.

It may reduce parry chance, but like WoW mobs can't parry from behind. AFAIK there is no actual rating for Dodge, unless they're combined. But from all I've read and seen Accuracy is primarily a PvP consistency stat and a moderate PvE physical damage gain for armor reduction.
    Defense is a chance to Dodge or Parry the attack (So yes, they're combined), and players at least most certainly can "defend" from any angle.

If only SWTOR had a tool like recount to test stuff like this more thoroughly.

Can't say I've experienced a parry while behind. I know my Maul has been dodged before by a Powertech, but not parried.

Deleted
    Actually parry is 360 degrees in this game. Feel free to try it out yourself.

I mean in PVE, I have absolutely no idea about PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Manveru View Post
    Actually parry is 360 degrees in this game. Feel free to try it out yourself.

I mean in PVE, I have absolutely no idea about PVP.
    That kinda sucks if it's true. I'm the opposite lol, I've done hardly any PvE.

Can't say I've experienced a parry while behind. I know my Maul has been dodged before by a Powertech, but not parried.
    As I said, you can "defend" from behind, the animation itself, be it a dodge or parry is purely cosmetic. There are no differences between a dodge and parry, mechanically, that is, in fact, they are one and the same as far as the game is concerned, it is all just defense. So ultimately, whether the animation for parry is only played when avoiding from the front, it doesn't matter, you are still avoiding attacks from any angle, which is the key point here.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way end game gear is set up, accuracy is for melee.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    110% is what you need for PvE. Bosses have 10% defence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    110% is what you need for PvE. Bosses have 10% defence.
    Any source for this? I am currently embroiled in a huge debate in my guild about the benefits of accuracy (from a melee perspective).