Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Wandering Isle - Zone Preview

The Wandering Isle

The Wandering Isle is the new starting zone introduced in Mists of Pandaria exclusively for the Pandaren race.

Separated from Pandaria for millennia, The Wandering Isle meanders the oceans of Azeroth. When the weather changes unexpectedly on the Isle and it begins erratically spiraling toward the Maelstrom, the elders at the Temple of Five Dawns request the aid of four elemental spirits to unravel the mystery. Heroes must figure out the cause of the land's illness before the entire island plunges into the abyss!

• It's a turtle, known to the Pandaren as Shen-zin Su! It left Pandaria 10,000 years ago and never came back. Pandarens who wanted to discover the world left on that turtle.
    • The story is focused with simple mechanics.
    • All Pandaren will level from 1 to 10 here.
    • The entire zone is cross faction until choosing Horde or Alliance at level 10.

Video

Artwork

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Looks to be a nice zone, I just might level a Pandern to lvl 10 myself, just so I can check out this zone.

Curious to see what the origin story of this "Shen-zin Su" is.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-01-11 at 04:34 AM.

"insert obligatory post of blizzard lazy"

Really excited. Textures look great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simply beautiful.

I think Blizzard said we wont be able to return to this place after questing through it, but I hope they change their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    Simply beautiful.

I think Blizzard said we wont be able to return to this place after questing through it, but I hope they change their minds.
    me too, i hate that the lost isles went all lava-ey on the goblins butts and we couldnt go to it unless we were goblins.

Very pretty, although the treant running in the back almost makes me wanna gag! Lets have completely new creatures...>.>

Quote Originally Posted by Facepalmer3 View Post
    Very pretty, although the treant running in the back almost makes me wanna gag! Lets have completely new creatures...>.>
    well i guess the emerald dream covers all trees, even the ones on pandaria, even if the pandaren themselves remain unaware of it.

I hope this isnt another Goblin starting zone, where you can never return, be a real waste of art

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "The story is focused with simple mechanics."

Sounds to me like what Cata starting zones tried to be, and usually failed. A few (Tirisfall, Durotar, Dun'Morogh) did it, the rest felt as choppy and random as before. And some had silly mechanics (/whistleing at a ram?) going on.

---------- Post added 2012-01-10 at 11:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Facepalmer3 View Post
    Had to take another look to catch that. It looks like a placeholder, it doesn't fit even the tree colors in that area. Either they're working on a recolor with green leaves, or working on a new model altogether.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it me or does the map look like Discworld? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyndig View Post
    A) Round(ish)
    B) Uses a turtle as foundation.
    C) Brb, scrutinizing pics for Rincewind.

Honestly, I *almost* want to make a Pandaren at launch, if Blizz manages their phasing properly. Because I have little to no intention of spending 1hr/kill just because 49 other Monks tagged it a nanosecond before me :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Such a beautiful zone. Seems like such a shame it is only used until lvl 10 and then we don't see it again. It would be cool if they made a lvl 90 PvE scenario where you had to revisit the island do something like protect it from an invasion of some kind.

The true tragedy that no one seems to get is that they spent all this time and money on a zone it takes less than a day to level though. Like Kezan and Gilneas it will be dead and gone in 10 Quick levels.

Your Party has been Pooped.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what they had in mind for the story of this place, but it would be really awesome if it became a level 90 daily zone that swam around Pandaria.

Deleted
    If only I had time and money to play, and wouldnt have to purchase the shitty cata first, I could very well start playing again.
    This looks really good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyndig View Post
    YES!

That was the first thing I thought at Blizzcon. Woah... that's the discworld. But then I logged on and there were 5 million threads about it being like Kung Fu Panda and pretty much no references to the discworld connection. Bah!

Anyway, looks great.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we can't go back after level 10 then I don't care, I'll make another Pandaren then keep it at level 9 so I don't ever have to leave and can just explore the zone whenever.

The zone previews we've been given this expansion are incredible, you can tell they meant it when they said they were passionate about this expansion, something they wanted to do for a long time, its definitely shaping up to be the best expansion yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the zones of Mists of Pandaria look like the best expansion zones yet. I love the asian-stylish theme and the Pandaren race is gorgeous Can’t wait to explore!
    On a sidenote, I think Blizzard has something big in mind in terms of the end of the expansion O.o

The wandering isle should be a phased zone where you can return to the zone after you have chosen your faction!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Looks to be a nice zone, I just might level a Pandern to lvl 10 myself, just so I can check out this zone.

Curious to see what the origin story of this "Shen-zin Su" is.
    Like we haven't heard that one before...