Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why WoW is just fine.

Content people don't complain. If something works you are not very likely to tell the developer of said "something" that it works, nor are you likely to tell fellow users of said "something" that it works.

Just because there is a current rate of at least 10 "wow is dying" threads per day doesn't mean wow is dying.
    I liek fysix

Quote Originally Posted by goki View Post
    Just because there is a current rate of at least 10 "wow is dying" threads per day doesn't mean wow is dying.
    True. The fact that it is losing millions of players means it's dying.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your argument won't sway anyone who thinks WoW is dying/dead/ruined.

Those who came in loving WoW will still love it, those who came in hating it will say "that's up from 0 in BC".
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    It doesn't mean jack shit except to people who cackle with glee at the idea of WoW dying.

---------- Post added 2012-01-12 at 09:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Your argument won't sway anyone who thinks WoW is dying/dead/ruined.
    And around here we know -exactly- who those people are, don't we? Same BS from the same people day in and day out.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Those who came in loving WoW will still love it

Wouldn't say that. It's totally possible to lose the interest in WoW, even if you loved it in the beginning.
    But most of them will quit without throwing a tantrum in a related forum

/edit: Just realized that you probably meant "those who came in the thread" which makes my argument pointless :I

It's lost metric pantsloads of players before and has gained that and more. Your point is invalid.

There have been "WoW is dying" threads, at roughly the same rate of appearance, ever since it was launched. It has experienced dips in the player population before. Every new major mmo to come out has always been mislabeled as the "WoW killer". Nothing about right now is any different from any of the other times.

WoW may well die someday. But that's not happening at any point in the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    It's lost metric pantsloads of players before and has gained that and more. Your point is invalid.
    It's never lost 2 million, no... and not for 3 quarters in a row has it ever been in decline. I'm not bashing the game, I just find it funny when people make up stuff like this.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

And it only takes the first reply for people to start whining and hopping up and down on their pathetic little bandwagon.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

If you come along and say you've played for years and don't like the direction the game is going in, fanboys will say "Well, of course you find it no fun, you've been playing for years! You're burned out, man!".

If you come with criticism against Blizzard and WoW, fanboys will say "Well, you think you can do better than the almighty devs? Try it and see how you like it!".

If you come with suggestions on how to make this game better, perhaps drawing inspiration from other games, fanboys will say "Well go play <insert game> then if you don't like this game, I think it's perfectly fine as it is and it's very fun."

Then you are criticized for "whining" yet still staying subscribed and playing - and when you unsubscribe in protest fanboys claim you have no right to influence the direction of the game as you are no longer a paying customer.

Has it ever occurred to the Blizzard Fanclub that the reason for the constant rants from former and current players against the direction of the game is that these people love the game and don't want to see it ruined? No, rather the fanboy-fundamentalists go of on a rant of their own - claiming anyone who isn't perfectly happy with WoW should go play some other game, because they themselves are happy with everything.

If anything, you will be the death of WoW; it won't die with a bang, it's going to come slowly as the playerbase increasingly becomes disillusioned and tired, yearning for a shred of creativity and innovation which will never come. If you truly love WoW, you won't try putting a lid on the frustration that keeps boiling up to the surface.

You know that this community has gone wrong when we need a thread telling ourselves that the game is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow is fine because im still playing, reason enough for me.

Deleted
    Millions? I haven´t seen any reports about millions

Well damn, here I was thinking losing close to 2M subs meant something was kinda wrong with WoW, or at least it failed on its promises.

But people here try to spin that into irrelevance, I guess WoW is still cool.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    You know that this community has gone wrong when we need a thread telling ourselves that the game is fine.
    Indeed, the only posts that should be allowed should be ones saying the game is dying, and since they personally doesn't want to keep playing that means that "THEY RUINED THE GAEM OMG GUISE TBC WAS SO PRO WAAAH WAAAHA BLIZ PLZ FFS" ect. We wouldn't want any fans of the game on the fan-website for the game or anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Syran View Post
    Well damn, here I was thinking losing close to 2M subs meant something was kinda wrong with WoW, or at least it failed on its promises.
    You are wrong. Don't worry, you will get over it.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

its a very small minority that is crying
    N

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Indeed, the only posts that should be allowed should be ones saying the game is dying, and since they personally doesn't want to keep playing that means that "THEY RUINED THE GAEM OMG GUISE TBC WAS SO PRO WAAAH WAAAHA BLIZ PLZ FFS" ect. We wouldn't want any fans of the game on the fan-website for the game or anything...

TBC was pro, im going to open a thread asking for a tbc only realm!!one Complainers are always more vocal, thats just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    No, I think I got it right. You can try to explain it to me why I'm wrong though, I'll gladly consider changing my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    It's the same shit, different day from the poster you're replying to.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Syran View Post
    No, I think I got it right. You can try to explain it to me why I'm wrong though, I'll gladly consider changing my opinion.
    Because "losing" some subs really doesn't mean much. If that were the sole indication of how this game were doing, then it has died at the end of every expansion and then has been reborn at the start of the next. The game still many times more subs then the next competitor, so that would imply that the game is still very healthy. If and when the next MMO comes along and ends up with more subs then WoW then the game could be considered as dieing. Until that happens, using an argument that losing some subs, which has been the natural course of this and other MMO's, is just plain dumb.

If you think a lot of people aren't going to sub again either at the launch of MoP or slightly before then you are fooling yourself. History indicates that it will happen. Then a few months after MoP subs will be lost. And the cycle repeats.