Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The Jade Forest - Zone Preview

The Jade Forest

The Jade Forest is the first new zone on the island of Pandaria.

After a devastating naval battle, survivors from both the Horde and Alliance wash up onto the tree-lined shores of the The Jade Forest. Surrounded by wilderness, they must form alliances with the natives if they wish to survive. Along the way, they will meet the Pandaren... along with some of the greater powers that protect and shape Pandaria.

• This is where Alliance and Horde will be landing. The Horde wash up on the north side and the Alliance on the south side. There will be only be one starting zone and Alliance/Horde will end up meeting up in the middle.
    • The zone consists of lush rainforests and stone spires.
    • The Alliance will try to become friend with the Hozu, and the Horde with the Jinyu, attempting to turn them against each other.
    • This zone will be for levels 85-86.
    • Temple of the Jade Serpent will be the dungeon of this zone. It will be your 85-86 Dungeon, it has been taken over by Sha.

Video

Artwork

might be my favourite zone of the expansion, unless the mantid zone behind the great wall is some prince of persia looking gloomy ramshackle city.

For Pandaria! Going to be so awesome.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    might be my favourite zone of the expansion, unless the mantid zone behind the great wall is some prince of persia looking gloomy ramshackle city.
    WTB a Persian empire themed xpack

OT. Looks really good.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleo View Post
    WTB a Persian empire themed xpack

OT. Looks really good.
    i would love MoP to be followed by a persian themed one, maybe another location with tolvir and such south of southern kalimdor. It may have been easy as all get out but the 2008 prince of persia had some locations i would love to see be interpreted in wow. Maybe with more djinn lore and a lot of persian folklore.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dat bridge.

Possibly the single most amazing piece of scenery I've seen in this expansion.

---------- Post added 2012-01-10 at 11:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    i would love MoP to be followed by a persian themed one, maybe another location with tolvir and such south of southern kalimdor. It may have been easy as all get out but the 2008 prince of persia had some locations i would love to see be interpreted in wow. Maybe with more djinn lore and a lot of persian folklore.
    Well "Azeroth's limits have yet to be revealed."

Sounds to me like Blizz wants to keep us on Azeroth for a while yet.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

That one screenshot with the houses on the mountain is awesome! Too bad it's only artwork

Evil Bunny in the pumpkin patch? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    That's the Verming. Think Kobolds, but with vegetables instead of candles.

Personally, I would love to see a Graeco-Roman themed xpac. Such a major theme, yet it has never been seen in World of Warcraft. It would be freaking epic.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    It's Bunnicula!

Already like it. My candidate for favorite MoP zone. Can't wait to explore it.

I am somehow unsurprised that the Alliance get the "mischievous monkeys" while the Horde get the "Wise, buff fish people who can hear the land."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, Tree's finally sway with the wind!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Yay, Tree's finally sway with the wind!
    well, palm trees have been doing it since WoW came out. :P

Also, check the bottom left corner of the far right picture second from the top...

new hunter pet?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Looks fakin awesome, its amazing what Blizzard can do with a 7 year old engine....looks pretty amazing from those screenshots

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    I am somehow unsurprised that the Alliance get the "mischievous monkeys" while the Horde get the "Wise, buff fish people who can hear the land."
    Hmm, The monkeys only fit the Horde, while the fishpeople fit either faction as both have their wise races. Though my Tauren will like the fishpeople more than those annoying monkeys.

Very nice area. I´ll enjoy leveling there.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    Hmm, The monkeys only fit the Horde, while the fishpeople fit either faction as both have their wise races. Though my Tauren will like the fishpeople more than those annoying monkeys.

Very nice area. I´ll enjoy leveling there.
    The Horde get the fish people. The Alliance get the monkeys.

Deleted
    I wonder if there are going to be any quests to go up those spires when there's no flying to start with...... it's been a long time since a summit posted any more difficulty than hitting space bar, I'll be feeling all nostalgic to find my way up peaks for quests again... so I hope they actually use them in quests

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I wonder if there are going to be any quests to go up those spires when there's no flying to start with...... it's been a long time since a summit posted any more difficulty than hitting space bar, I'll be feeling all nostalgic to find my way up peaks for quests again... so I hope they actually use them in quests
    Well, they did say the quest designers are really excited for this because at Blizzcon they said before you go into the physical dungeon with a group, you do quests to explore it, meet the bad guys etc.

Can't wait for this expansion! Every preview about it so far has been amazing (Sucks to be alliance, Horde basically get Zoras, the best Legend of Zelda race).