Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Valley of the Four Winds - Zone Preview

Valley of the Four Winds

Valley of the Four Winds is a new zone implemented on the island of Pandaria.

A tranquil plain of lush farmland, bordered by dense mysterious jungles along the south and impassible mountains to the north. The valley is considered the "breadbasket" of Pandaria, but the year’s harvest is in jeopardy and a terrible malaise has overcome the Pandaren that live along the coast. The valley is also the home of the legendary Stormstout Brewery, where Chen Stormstout and his niece Li Li hope to journey to discover the whereabouts of their long-lost ancestors.

• Two zones for the price of one! This zone is huge, the whole north side of the zone is Pandaren farmlands, the south is a coastal jungle.
    • You will get to choose between the north side and the south side when you arrive. You can go back and switch side if you want the other quests.
    • This is where you will have your first interaction with the Mantids, they broke through the wall and are now attacking Pandarens villages.
    • This is a level 86-87 zone.
    • The dungeon of this zone is Stormstout Brewery.

Video

Artwork

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still bothered by the untextured buildings on the background. Looks good though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    I'm still bothered by the untextured buildings on the background. Looks good though.

Its not even in Beta yet.. what do you expect. I think it looks amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The music in that video is so beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    honestly...do you think they will leave it like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    I think he meant the fact that the textures haven't been implemented are troubling due to the fact that Mists should release around summertime.
    dictated but not read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Yes, I honestly do. I'm crying my self to sleep because of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Havent we had enough of Four Winds in cata? Dunno, just feels like they couldve made something more unique or different.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Havent we had enough of Four Winds in cata? Dunno, just feels like they couldve made something more unique or different.
    So do we outlaw any more use of the word "Four" and "Wind"? Because this zone clearly has nothing to do at all design wise to anything "Four winds" in Cataclysm.

Go bitch about reused words somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatInternet View Post
    I think he meant the fact that the textures haven't been implemented are troubling due to the fact that Mists should release around summertime.
    Remember the Skywall instances back during the Cata beta? They weren't skinned for the longest of times.

Think this has anything to do with the "Throne of the Four Winds" ?
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    Think this has anything to do with the "Throne of the Four Winds" ?
    I'm guessing they don't have anything in common except for the name, since we kinda wiped out the whole air elemental leadership. But who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    The music in that video is so beautiful!
    Sounds belfy for some reason :P I like it too!

Deleted
    The more I go over Mist of Panderia the more it gives me hope that Blizzard learned their lesson not my fave zone but still stunning. Kun Lai summit = storm peaks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Remember the Skywall instances back during the Cata beta? They weren't skinned for the longest of times.
    It's too bad they didn't do more with those instances. seriously some of the more beautiful environments in WoW. Stonecore too.

It was really upsetting not having a raid within those two styles.
    dictated but not read.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, he needs to realize that the timeline isn't troubling, considering that video was released back in October.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's too bad they didn't do more with those instances. seriously some of the more beautiful environments in WoW. Stonecore too.

It was really upsetting not having a raid within those two styles.
    '

well, except for throne of the four winds... but I get what you mean.

anyway, this zone looks kind of like a mash-up between sholazar, what with the coastal jungle, and nagrand, what with the inland plains.

Personally, I was hoping the "dark jungle" would get an entire zone to itself, but this looks nice too.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2012-01-11 at 08:47 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

It's like the new Nagrand!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I'm guessing they don't have anything in common except for the name, since we kinda wiped out the whole air elemental leadership. But who knows.
    The four winds are winds which come from from the north, south, east and west, the four main directions. I assumed that is where they got the name for the raid.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    The four winds are winds which come from from the north, south, east and west, the four main directions. I assumed that is where they got the name for the raid.
    Same reason why I think they're unrelated in anything other than the name. But again, it's Blizzard. So we can't really know until they release the beta.