Have a Question: Combat Rogue

First this is my armory:

Shohdi under silvermoon EU servers alliance. ilvl 392

i beleive atm my gear is decent.

i have been playing a Rogue for sometime.

my question is in raids, most of the time im topping dps and in fights like unsleeping however i manage to pull good dps.

Morchock i do around 26-28K, Zonzz i pull more around 28-29K, Ultraxion 31K+, warmaster 22-25K, spine not so good and madness 41K+.

i doubled with a rogue in raid however i was the one looting the gems, his gear score was lower then mine with 3-4 ilvls and he managed to beat my dps in all fights! so why is that?

i beleive i know my class very good and my rotations are maintained well.

2cp then i KS then the 2cp , SS 4cp then RvS to 5cp and place rupture on. SS again to 4cp with RvS after then Evic unless S&D is about to drop i refresh it.

i use AR at the start after the rupture and use it again later in the fight.

but for example on madness i use it on every corruption.

why would he beat me? and any tips on DS raids?

Appreciate the help in advance. many thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Mm, to start with, get SnD up before KS, you're still autoattacking during KS. Do you have someone in the raid that provides a mangle/hemo/other bleed increasing effect on the target? There's something you're doing wrong if you're pulling only 26-28k on Morchok and 31k on Ultraxion (on 25man?)

What gear does the other rogue have? Does he have a mace/sword/axe from DS?

Deleted
    Do you keep track of Bandit's guile ? I don't play at your level, but usually I try to use KS, AR and trinkets during 20-30% phase

One problem I see is that you have no set bonus at all. You may need to take a step back in item level in order to take a step forward, meaning if you don't have any other blackfang gear, then sub in some of your old dark phoenix gear just for the set bonus. With that bieng said, you should still be doing much higher dps even without a set bonus. Are you running 10 or 25 man? May be a matter of raid buffs.

Hmm, I was doing around 36-37K on Ultrax at 392 ilvl. You mention you're using rupture, is he? From everything I've read, rupture is a minimal DPS gain when done perfectly, and can be a DPS loss if done imperfectly. Especially if you don't have a +30% bleed damage debuff available.

Also, watching your BG stacks is pretty important. You usually want to use KS in red BG, and use AR in late green / early yellow (not positive about this one ...) because AR lasts 20 sec, which you'd like to have cover the 15sec of red plus 5sec of yellow / green.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, don;t wanna go to the armory at work. =/

thanks for the replies, had the same problems, but should be getting better soon

Mnay Thanks guys, ill try to use all advice this week and see how it goes and will get back to u.

well, yes i use rupture and i have a druid cat with me and we run 10man.

will start watching the BG now and time my AD and KS.

however i dont have HC dark pheonix sets on normal.

imo id say just dont bother using rupture for the moment. concentrate on getting ur buffs timed correctly.. as its dps gain is minimal at best and its much better jus timing guile correctly.

Deleted
    Don't use rupture at all. Grab a point out of Lethality and max out Coup the Grace, and put another point in Ruthlessness, so you'll get: 2/3 Lethality, 3/3 Coup the Grace, 2/3 Ruthlessness.
    Get your 5pt SnD up by only SS, after that KS, when KS is over AR and spam 5cp evis, SS to 4 cp then use Revealing Strike to get the last cp, when you end up at 5 by SS, just evis. For the rest of the fight, don't ever let SnD drop off, as stated above try to KS at deep insight (the red) and AR at green/yellow.
    Since you got the Wrath trinket, always wait till it's stacked and then blow cd's, should be pretty easy.

And make sure your poisons are always up, you wouldn't be the 1st who forgets them. (/point at self)

Try to get 2p asap, even when it has to be a 384 piece from lfr, it's pretty important. When you have the 2p:
    Start with a tricks to the tank, after that to another dps(make a macro for it) and use it on cd.

But I don't see why you do a bit low dps, especially on zon'ozz, you should be able to always be behind and spam your rotation without having to bother at anything else on normal. Your dps on morchok seems pretty okay, ultra is fine aswell, spine doesn't matter, it's about burst there, but on madness you should do more, even on 10man.

I'm assuming you run 10 man, when you run 25man, you're really doing stuff wrong, then you should have way higher dps.

For tips on encounters, read the sticky: Rogues in DS, everything you need to know.
    That will help a lot I guess.

i wanted to ask coz it diff from site to site the calculations on trinkets.

is KS better from Vail of shadows when paired with wrath of the unchaning

Quote Originally Posted by KidCanuck View Post
    Also, watching your BG stacks is pretty important. You usually want to use KS in red BG, and use AR in late green / early yellow (not positive about this one ...) because AR lasts 20 sec, which you'd like to have cover the 15sec of red plus 5sec of yellow / green.
    The early model that suggested you should wait to KS for the 30% BG was based on calculations accidentally only using 1/2 RB. You actually shouldn't wait unless you know for sure you will not be getting another one in. I don't ever remember seeing anything definitive about AR timing.