Commando pretty easy to learn and level with?

Finally decided to give up WoW and have always enjoyed the whole Star Wars thing so figured I would give it a go. Just wondering what the playstyle is like for a Commando? They just seem like a class I would like since all my WoW classes were ranged (Destro Lock, Ele shaman, Arcane/Fire mage) Been watching a lot of pvp/grinding videos and it seems like some classes are being forced to use like 20+ abilities as they have all their hotbars covered up in them. I have seen people playing with all 4 hotbars up and I swear every letter on their keyboard is bound to something. That is not something I want to play. I have always played games for fun, which I am sure everyone does, and having to use massive amounts of abilities is not fun for me, its work. If I want to work I will go back to my job where I can at least get paid.

So you don't want to put forth effort, yet expect similar results to those who do?

That's what I got from that post, and not what you intended for this thread to be.

If you expect to do well, you should expect to push more than two buttons. As it is, the leveling in the game is far more difficult than WoW. So you cannot get away with pushing just two buttons or facerolling through things, unless you out level them.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-01-11 at 06:45 AM.

As for easy mode class a Commando (or Mercenary for Empire) is the best class.
    It is simply god-mode for PvE. You have to use like 5 skills to completely destroy shit around you.

If you don't want to play with 20+ binds then stay away from Sentinel/Marauder.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Yes, commando is probably one of the easiest classes, and you won't need 4 actionbars to play, as dps you can survive with 5-7 buttons, the rest is just utility so people probably won't notice if you slack and don't use them at all.

Don't listen to Larynx. What a troll post!

I play a trooper and bounty hunter (they are mirror classes) as a healer, and I comfortably use about 10 abilities in both PvP and PvE. They are definitely classes that you can play decently this way!

Quote Originally Posted by Littleshashi View Post
    Don't listen to Larynx. What a troll post!

I play a trooper and bounty hunter (they are mirror classes) as a healer, and I comfortably use about 10 abilities in both PvP and PvE. They are definitely classes that you can play decently this way!
    That word means something else than what you think it means.

I think your posts mean something else than what you think they mean. Check your attitude my friend.

Most of those skills could be buffs or CDs, like the out of combat sprint. I think a standard rotation won't include more than 5-7 skills for any class in Tor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Go put some pants on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zik3l View Post
    Most of those skills could be buffs or CDs, like the out of combat sprint. I think a standard rotation won't include more than 5-7 skills for any class in Tor.
    Sentinel:
    Force leap, Overload Saber, Zealous Strike, Cauterize, Blade Storm, Master Strike, Slash while using Zen, Rebuke, Kick, Force Stasis, Pacify on pretty much every fight. (also put in Force Sweep and Cyclone Slash if I want to do some AoE)

That's 12 abilities I use in most fights (+2 for AoE). I'm sure I missed some too. And that's not counting bigger cooldowns like Saber Ward, Call on Force, Camouflage, ...

Bounty Hunter:
    Either it's Death From Above + Fusion Missile/Explosive Dart/(that blaster spray) for AoE or Tracer Missile + Rail Shot for single target.

5/6 abilities total for either AoE or single target.
    Last edited by Grable; 2012-01-11 at 07:35 AM.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Sniper is also a nightmare/lot of fun (depending on your perspective, i choose fun). Around lv30 i had 3 hotbars full with just skills i frequently.

Personally i LOVE IT. One of the major things that TOR does so much better then WoW. I feel more challenged when questing, i am forced to use interupts, CCs and focus my burst, and use my defensive/offensive cooldowns. Cant remember the last time i even did a full rotation in a mob in WoW while leveling. They drop dead after 2-3 hits. Let alone actually using cooldowns.

In TOR you are faced against Elites, who take quite some focus and abilities to take down. Not just the standard "nuke and whatever". And if i do not use some cooldowns its going to be a tough fight. But this doesnt apply to all ACs i suppose, there will always be those who have an easier time. Tank spec+heal companion is great for low to mid levels, but at higher levels i hear its getting a little trickier as mobs take much longer to die.