Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I like the fact that it takes longer to level. It allows me time to learn my class and come up with new strategies.

Seriously if the baddies and little kids that play WoW leave Swtor because it it a little bit harder that is fantastic news.

Come back and tell me your thoughts in about a month. I abstained from purchasing the game but my buddy who is a hardcore star wars fan went and picked up the game on release. He was playing wow with me last night and his comment about the game was "your not missing much".

Played it for about 3 weeks myself. At first, it does seem flat out amazing. But the 'shine' wore off rather quickly for me on it, as good as the quests are, you eventually figure out that you spend 95% of your quest time just... running, Not even fighting your way towards something, just running, or travelling, or in your spaceship, or at a loading screen.

The game has a lot of promise, but needs attention to detail in many areas. I'll keep an eye on it and possibly re-sub in the future, but hey... on the bright side, I lasted about a week longer in ToR than I did in Rift. Back to single player games for me until GW2 comes out, I suppose.

Deleted
    Glad to see someones liking it it really does make a nice change from WoW for the time being.

Our raid guild put raids on hold indefinatly couple of days ago as enthusiasim had plummted for wow and a couple of people have since picked it up.

Plying it over mumble i've never heard a starting 10 levels have a guy saying this is "F&%$in' epic" so many times, as our TOR newbies did

Quote Originally Posted by LichslayerX View Post
    Actually Gold Medal for you on effort chief. You made me change my mind. I forgot what a disgusting and repulsive mess the WoW Community is.
    The SWTOR forums are little better than the WoW forums, but speaking from personal experience, my server has been extraordinarily friendly so far, so that is enough proof for me that the community server side is not a festering pit... Yet. I really do not wish to sound like I am bashing WoW here, but the WoW servers community is about as linked and friendly as a regular day on COD. WoW's community is not even jaded, it is just a festering pit of squalor and disgust.

Aside from the great stories, i don't think SWTOR was that interesting to me.
    Ignoring all the bugs present for now, there is little that holds my attention that this game has and wow doesn't after the story.

Also gotta love these people

"the game i play has great community! That other game has a terrible community!"
    "All those kiddies can leave, cause we're so much cooler then them"

Get over yourself, the MMO community as a whole is a mess
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

I preordered it and thoroughly enjoyed it through Early Access up until about a week ago. I tried out multiple classes, my favorite being the Knight/Marauder, and I REALLY like the personal touch of the game. However, the "shine" just doesn't seem to hold my attention all that much.
    Don't get me wrong; I think it's a good game with A LOT of potential. But for me, for right now, it's just not enough to pull me away from WoW.
    I've been playing WoW off and on for 6 years, and that's just WAY too much of a time investment for me to give up.
    I'll probably give it another try in about 6 months, once they've had some time to polish it post-launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Aside from the great stories, i don't think SWTOR was that interesting to me.
    Ignoring all the bugs present for now, there is little that holds my attention that this game has and wow doesn't after the story.

Also gotta love these people

"the game i play has great community! That other game has a terrible community!"
    "All those kiddies can leave, cause we're so much cooler then them"

Get over yourself, the MMO community as a whole is a mess
    The bold is essentially what I was trying to say. My community on my server is fantastic right now, but as a whole the MMO community is nothing but rabble. I do not expect my server to remain pristine forever.

I am in love with my char.Love to see her moves and face reflecting her emotions when talking.
    I cant stop questing, i leveled to 50 four days ago and still questing.I am scared to think there isnt enough quests to feed my hunger.

Quote Originally Posted by Elexo View Post
    I like that even when you're just leveling it's not easy.
    Something that wow lost ages ago. Levelling in WoW is a thoughtless process, pretty much any decision you make will not affect the outcome.
    Statistically speaking, you are an average player. Learn to live with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    The bold is essentially what I was trying to say. My community on my server is fantastic right now, but as a whole the MMO community is nothing but rabble. I do not expect my server to remain pristine forever.
    Yeah this i dont think anyones disputing the cesspool that the TOR official forums are, IMO i think theyre far worse then WoW's forums (has been a few years since i was on there).

But my Server community is okay, i rarely see much arguing and bitching in general and were getting to know some people and non guildie allies through PVP.

In WoW me and my guild very much stayed in house, but were slowly opening up and the community isnt as bad as i feared, it was horrible on the Beta weekends.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob from Accounting View Post
    Talk again at level 25-26. A lot of players find this level to be a cap after which they reroll or unsub.
    I found that time the most fun. Think you got your information alittle wrong, or people just didnt get interested enough around that lvl.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe when more of my friends start playing it I might up my sub again, but I got really bored with leveling once I got into my mid 20s. I still have 9 days of playtime left and perhaps I'll make a push to do the last 18 levels, but I don't know. I keep logging on it and logging off a few minutes later. Pretty much what I do on WoW aside from raiding times.

It just seems like such a chore to go from planet to planet with all the loading screens and mini loading screens that accompany doing so. It doesn't flow well and feels off to me. The combat is still unresponsive enough to where combat really isn't fun for me, and the lack of a combat log or scalable UI is a real turn off, especially when I am leveling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vullafuja View Post
    Hello everyone,

Long time WoW player here, and I have tried it all. Played competetive pvp, raided HC and everything else i found enjoyable. I became a farther at the age of 24 and I cut down on my playtime, but i still put a fair amount of time into that game....

Untill monday evening, when I installed SWTOR. Ive heard alot about it, but I have always been sceptical about the so-called WoW-killers - by being branded with that you always seem to fail.

I love WoW, but I must say - SWTOR is amazing. It takes alot of getting used too, and I still am. But big applaus to Bioware, they made something amazing here. This post isnt to rant WoW og say I am done with WoW, but I find my time in SWTOR so enjoyable that I totally forgot my guild, my raid times and so on. Thats disturbing, but in some way nice, since another game finally opened my mind. I have always compared new games to WoW, my mistake, and sorry WARHAMMER, Age of Conan, Rift and so on.

But now I found a game so enjoyable, even though the main part is questing, and i hate questing in wow.

I love swtor, for its bugs, its delayed movement, poor targetting system. I love it for the simply amazing storries, the graphics and whats about to go down when i reach lvl 50

Lets have some positive posts about SWTOR - Hand me some noob tips aswell.

Have a nice day everyone.
    My guild plays Star Wars and WoW.

I have Star Wars and WoW.

I choose to log in to WoW. Star Wars bores me to tears, even more than WoW does, and it has so many frustrating bugs it just p*sses me off.

Just my 2 cents.

Good effort from Bioware, but in no way does it replace WoW.

I play both, yayyy, WE CAN BE FRIENDS

Played WoW a looooong time (since day 1 release). Finally quit a bit before cata came out. Now I've picked up SWTOR. The game is awesome. Questing is the gem of the game. All the naysayers are wrong. SWTOR may not kill WoW, but it will land several critical blows. The community is noticeably better, particularly on the Empire side.

Come join us, you won't be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alka View Post
    If you have an nVidia card and you force AA On in the SWTOR settings, its like a whole new game. Be warned though, for some reason with forced AA on, it won't display any Holo Images during quests.
    Don't worry Patch 1.1 is comming and it adds AA by default...

OnTopic: I myself was a hardcore raider in TBC (best expansion hands down, loved the overall experience) , semi-hardcore WOTLK and casual Cata (barely played for a few months) but i have to admit i like SWTOR quite a lot. People still need to learn what they're doing in terms of MMOs but i find it rather hard to tank as a Jedi Shadow. I mean it's literally annoying to run out of energy to spam spells and keep mobs on you especially now without no addons (omen/recount) and the mobs do a lot more damage on you than in WoW... I'm not comparing i'm just saying that it's different to see your HP drop in SWTOR than in WoW, it's a bit different and if you don't have a proper healer it's hard to do your job.

Overall the experience is quite enjoyable although it annoys me to see how SLOW you travel in the world even with "mounts". I'm level 31 now and i'm taking my time to level and play whenever i have the mood or free time for it but overall it's a great game. With patch 1.1 it's going to get better and i'm waiting for them to fix the AH because at this point buying/selling something or using the search feature it's a pain in the... butt.

my 2cents for now.

PS: PVP-ing at lower level makes it pointless, i've gotten really frustrated since you cannot really do anything in a 1v1 fight vs a level 45+. It's just pointless and you shouldn't even bother taking them on. Not to mention that which ever team has more level 50s has won the match.

6 year wow vet here too. Between the start of my wow time and now, I have been unsubbed for a grand total of 3 months. However, KOTOR was my favorite rpg since its release, and Bioware my favorite company. When they announced TOR all those years ago, I knew it'd be something I would love. Two months of beta confirmed for me (along with the disaster that has been LK and Cata) that WoW wasn't going to cut it for me. I still do arenas on wow, and likely will keep doing so until the next xpac. But I spend maybe 1-2 hours a week on it now. The rest is on TOR. The game is just so engaging, so engrossing, so all-encompassing. Don't get me wrong, there are still a lot of features to be implemented, a lot of things to be fixed, and the like. But I love where this game is heading, especially come March with 1.2. They're already working on content patch 5, by the way. Sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Right, so you're going to quit WoW, but don't worry. You reassure us that you'll probably be back for MoP? Thanks, that's all Blizzard wants to know.
    Also "I never think of wow" but post on a wow website and share my hatred (i.e. disappointment that Blizzard didnt coddle you emotionally) of WoW in a long emotional-vomit type of wall of text.

BUT I HAVEN'T THOUGHT OF WOW ONCE!

p.s. I had a jedi consular/shadow. I really just can't watch any more cut scenes, I was sitting down to play a game not watch a movie.

I really liked kotor and kotor 2, and I prefer the old republic story line more than the original "skywalker" movies, but I think all I really wanted was... kotor 3.

When you guys realize that most the game is a time sink via cut scenes you'll notice how little content there actually is. This is a problem many new MMO's suffer from, bioware just filled that space with OMG AMAZING VOICE ACTING.
    Last edited by kippi; 2012-01-13 at 04:45 PM.

is no one else annoyed with the low graphics, clunky movement and combat and cliche filled conversations to the point that i am? i mean its a fun game and all, but when i play it, i feel like im playing kotor again, on my xbox. not bad but not OMG amazing either. i never intended for this game to be a replacement to wow tho, im the GM and raid leader for a 25 man heroic guild, to me, wow will always be the PVE game of choice. i guess i just have a hard time seeing what makes this a "omg im never playing wow again" game, i just dont see it.