Headphones + Clip On Mic + Amplifier + Foot Pedal? ( HELP! )

I'm looking for a nice pair of headphones that will work well with gaming to pair with a Zalman clip on mic. I'm having a hard time choosing which headphones to go with and I'm not sure if I'll need to buy an amplifier to help them out either. My main use for these will be gaming/voice-com followed by heavy amounts of electronic music. I've done some research with Sennheiser and a few other brands, but I just can't decide.

I've also been doing research on a foot pedal that will double as my push-to-talk hotkey. Anyone suggest a particular one?

Someone please help me in finding the right stuff, or at least narrowing down my choices. I'm looking to spend no more than $250 for everything. Thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    For music, I like my ATH-M50s, Fiio E9, and Zalman clip-on. Not sure about the foot pedal though.
    I listen to a lot of Headhunterz, 3Oh!3, Ke$ha, and Breathe Carolina. (Naturally with a lot of music in between, but that's my pandora radio station.) It's not exactly hardcore electronic, but it draws heavily from it's roots.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    As far as headphones go, you can't go wrong with the Sennheiser HD-280. By far the best sounding and most comfortable headphones I've ever had the pleasure of owning/using for under $100 USD. They've had many different types of music thrown at them (metal, classical, electronic, rap, classic rock) and they always sound awesome. I can wear them for hours with no problems, they fold down to a more-easily-stowable size, and they've lasted for 4 years of heavy use without a single problem.

Newegg has them for $99.95 with free shipping. If mine ever die, I will be getting a new pair immediately. I've recommended them to several people with glowing reviews every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Sennheiser HD212Pro. Not very expensive, but extremely balanced in sound, very good for listening to music as well. Have had them for about 5-6 years now with little problem at all.

How well do these headsets work with gaming? As in, do they have nice surround sound?

10+ Year Old Account
    I still persist that the ATH-M50's are significantly better in audio quality. However, all headsets listed so far are closed back, and lack a good sound stage, which is vital for gaming.

For gaming, the AD-700's by Audio Technica are better, and $50 cheaper, but lack a lot of bass kick that you're going to want when listening to music.

Sennheiser 555 modded to 595 might not be quite an M50 but it works well for gaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, a lack of budget trivializes all the things.

On the foot pedal... I've never used any but apparently Scythe makes some USB foot switches(there's also 2 and 3 pedal versions)