Poll: Do you experience issues with performance?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Performance Issues

Hi.

I7-2600k 3.4 GHz CPU.
    Sapphire Radeon 6970 Flex edition GPU.
    8 gigs of RAM.

And i'm running this game like my old computer. Come on, the graphics are mediocre (No, it's not. But it is "mediocre" compared to the other games i run flawless on Ultra.). And as much as i value gameplay over graphics... i'd like to run this game the way it is supposed to run on my setup.

Micro-stuttering, fps drops. You name it.

This problem seems to be... random. Some people got it, others don't. Do you? And do you have any "fixes"?

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    Except the specs you quoted in your OP aren't of a "high-end" machine. It's closer to medium. Bioware tuned the graphics to last a long time. As time goes on and computers get faster, I think there will be a lot less complaints about performance issues.
    Bullshit.

I have a i7,16gb ram,SSD and a GTX590 gfx card...getting as low as 20fps in imperial starfleet space station...
    i7 970 3.2ghz (6 cores)
    16GB DDR3 (2000mhz)
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 580's SLI
    Win 7
    Recon 3D Fatality Series Sound Card
    Asus Rampage III Extreme Mobo
    Corsair 1200W PSU

I am still having fps issues with the game, and the above rig is NOT low-end.
    Also the 80+ page thread on the forums about people with similar machines and the same problems is not people making it up.

Pull your damn heads out of your ass BioWare. The performance on your game stinks.
    Quoted from eurogamer. As i said, bullshit.
    Last edited by Winfernal; 2012-01-12 at 07:28 AM.

For some reason, my PC (which is not as good as yours) hated Alderaan but has more or less behaved elsewhere.

The only time i ever get any stuttering is when i dismount, for like a split second, its weird. Aside from that it's pretty smooth.
    Yub Yub

No problems, nothing on my side at least. Some stuttering at the fleet (when arriving) because there is much data to collect from the server. Kind of what happened in vanilla wow in IF only FAR less bad. Also, sometimes in the world a hickup here and there when there is a lot going on and the viewing distance is far. Nothing too special.

and obviously a frame drop right after a pull when all the flashy lightsabers go nuts but never below 40fps. FPS are a little all over the place though. I can get 120+fps one moment and the fight stats to only see it drop to 40fps and a moment later back to 80.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    No problems, nothing on my side at least. Some stuttering at the fleet (when arriving) because there is much data to collect from the server. Kind of what happened in vanilla wow in IF only FAR less bad. Also, sometimes in the world a hickup here and there when there is a lot going on and the viewing distance is far. Nothing too special.

and obviously a frame drop right after a pull when all the flashy lightsabers go nuts but never below 40fps. FPS are a little all over the place though. I can get 120+fps one moment and the fight stats to only see it drop to 40fps and a moment later back to 80.
    As I've done this topic, can I know ur connection download and upload?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rmance-Issues)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anewok View Post
    The only time i ever get any stuttering is when i dismount, for like a split second, its weird. Aside from that it's pretty smooth.
    Yeah I get that too, but only when the companions are summoned during the dismount. It really lags up.

Mounts are weird, apart from that, unless I am on the Imperial Fleet with another 250+ people, no issues.

I do get the ability delay sometimes, but overall, no performance issues on the current highest settings.

My Only issues are having to wait about 10 seconds when I hit the fleet if it has more than 200 people on it. Other than that, I'm good to go at all times.

running an i5 2.8 with 8gigs at 1300 and ... I forget my graphics card, but it was middle of the line in early 2011 when I built my box.

I would hesitate to suggest you upgrade your video drivers, and then possibly look and see if you are having lag issues, although I would hope you can tell the difference between lag and frame rate (some people cant, its shocking really)

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I would hesitate to suggest you upgrade your video drivers, and then possibly look and see if you are having lag issues, although I would hope you can tell the difference between lag and frame rate (some people cant, its shocking really)
    There is also no NVIDIA driver out yet for SWTOR, I am hoping they are in the middle of releasing one (yes I am using the latest Beta driver from december, it mentions SWTOR, but I don't think it improves fps yet etc.).

When this happens, hopefully a lot of people with issues have, well, less issues

I don't run into performance issues but with a upper half end i7 and a 500 series nVidia I wouldn't expect to much of it. I did have some issues for the first week with shadows (which I had to shut off) but eventually somewhere along the line they fixed that issue and I can run with them on full blast again. Every once in a while though in PVP the shadows can cause a "rip" in the screen that can cause a momentary FPS issue but it rapidly clears. Only in huttball.

gforce 570, 4gb no-name RAM, i5 3.x ghz CPU, windows 7

Having very good performance, except when the game decides to trash my hard drive for whatever random reason (but it's very rare)

Flip a coin, maybe you are one of the lucky ones.
    (refering to your vote, 50/50 atm)

To add something more for my post, I do not have any performance issues. I got 8gb ram, i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz and a small but sweet 5770.

apparently there is a bug stopping high res textures from being displayed so playing on high is actually like playing on medium atm - so thats one thing

the nvidia drivers issue is new to me, but yay, look forward to the new drivers as that'll help a lot

i was actually getting a few bluescreens and crashes playing SW:TOR, then i updated my drivers to the latest release and it's been a lot more stable, but i do look forward to turning up to max and watching the pretty pretty things get cut down by a lightsaber
    <insert witty signature here>

15+ Year Old Account
    Windows 7 HP x64, Phenom X6 @ 3.8ghz, 4gb RAM (higher bandwidth clocked), Sapphire Radeon 6970 @ 900/1400, install on Intel SSD. Connection is roughly 5.8mbit down / 1.3mbit up and my latency is normally around 50ms. CCC settings are set to either application controlled or performance. Nothing is forced or set to quality.

I get random issues all over the place. Mounting/dismounting, imp fleet when travelling around or loading in to centre circle, random stuttering on planets like Hoth (more so) but less so on others.

In game settings are 1920x1200 and everything switched on / at max except shadows which are low.

It is playable with lower fps, its the stuttering and sudden freezes which bother me.

Deleted
    yes. gtx580, 8gb corsair vengeance at 1600, 6core phenom at 3.8ghz, fresh win7 x64 ,latest drivers. around 100fps on planets , less then 20 on fleet/wz.

It is definitely an optimization problem with the game. The weird thing is that some people apparently don't have it. I said apparently because some people don't really realize the stuttering. I've seen people playing a game with 30fps and they think it's perfectly fine. Well, not in my books; if a game has less than 50fps, it's not running fine.

My setup is:
    Intel i7 920 2.67GHz @4.0GHz | Asus P6T SE X58 | Corsair XMS3 3x2Gb DDR3, 1600MHz, 7-7-7-20, 1T | Asus GTX 570 DirectCU II 1280MB (the rest don't really matter)

Most of the time I have over 120fps but when I get to Imperial Fleet it drops drastically to 30-20, i even saw 15fps a few times. Something's wrong... Yes, having 200 people in the same area will get your frames down, but not as much as it does now.
    I have a 50Mb/10Mb (Down/Up) fibre optic broadband with a <50 ping. So it's not the internet connection either.

When you spend £2000 on a PC, only to play an MMO with 30fps, you get angry, don't you ?! I love the game, I'll continue playing it, I just hope they address this problem very soon.
    “There is no right or wrong, only consequences.”
    -------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by anewok View Post
    Yeah this and loading times when I arrive on a planet seem a bit long, I usually load up IE and read the the news during loading screens, guess I need to break down and buy a SS drive. Might need to buy a new sound card sometimes my speeder sound cuts in and out if anyone else experiences this let me know so I know whether its my comp or a bug within the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by djdidi View Post
    Yeah this and loading times when I arrive on a planet seem a bit long, I usually load up IE and read the the news during loading screens, guess I need to break down and buy a SS drive. Might need to buy a new sound card sometimes my speeder sound cuts in and out if anyone else experiences this let me know so I know whether its my comp or a bug within the game.
    With my SSD loading a planet is at least 60 seconds, u load a planet from the server i guess so is a matter of connection speed.
    The speeder sound is a known issue.

Quote Originally Posted by djdidi View Post
    ...Might need to buy a new sound card sometimes my speeder sound cuts in and out if anyone else experiences this let me know so I know whether its my comp or a bug within the game.
    You don't need to buy a new sound card, it's one of the bugs. And it's not happening only with the speeders. I have a Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty which runs flawless outside SWTOR.
    “There is no right or wrong, only consequences.”
    -------------------------------------------------