Deleted

Asus P8Z68 PRO/GEN3 issue

Morning.

I wrote a post that seem to be lost, so I'll try again.

I got my new parts yesterday and here's what I got:

ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 MB
    Corsair 8GB (KIT) DDR3 1600MHz/VENG LP x 2 = 4*4GB sticks
    CPU Core i5 2500K

Installed everything without any real issues and put in my old harddrives, WD Caviar 1TB and one INTEL 320 SERIES 80GB on the 2x6gb SATA (grey) contacts.

Booted up.
    ASUS LOGO comes up and stands still for 10 seconds.
    ONE SHORT BEEP.
    SOME MESSAGE I can't read cause it goes to fast. But it's something about the HD's.
    ASUS LOGO again.
    WINDOWS STARTS.

After some googling, I disable the MARVEL ports and JM in the BIOS. No more messages about the HD's.

But I still get the ONE BEEP at the boot up and the first ASUS LOGO is still up for atleast 10 seconds. Would guess I got a boot up time that's like 30-40 seconds total which is fine with me.

Looking in the manual ONE BEEP stands for:

VGA detected.
    Quick boot set to disabled. (a feature I can't find anywhere in the BIOS)
    No keyboard detected.

One more thing. In the WINDOWS index thing, where you can measure your parts. Im pretty sure my SSD gave me a rating of 7 something before on my old computer together with the WD Caviar. Now I get a 5.9 which seems weird to me. Any reason for that ?

Hopefully someone can help me.

Cheers

Deleted
    Have you reinstalled windows?? When switching motherboards its recommanded to reinstall windows, because of driver issues etc.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    Have you reinstalled windows?? When switching motherboards its recommanded to reinstall windows, because of driver issues etc.
    This, a thousand times.
    Also, I have the same mobo and there are some boot options in the advanced section of the bios, not the use the mouse to drag thingy on the default bios interface.

Deleted
    Yes, I have reinstalled Windows 7.

And I have been in the ADVANCED section of the BIOS, but I use my cursor there. Are you talking about like an oldschool BIOS where you use the keyboard to navigate ? If so that part I haven't found yet. *confused*

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    go to BIOS and disable logo at boot up........... then you will get the old boot up screen and you will be able to see what is being loaded and making your system hang for 10 sec.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

You can usually get into the BIOS by hitting the "Del" key during POST. When you first start to see images on your screen after turning your computer on, start hitting the "Del" key several times. You should get a message that says "Entering BIOS Setup" or something similar. You may not see this if you have the BIOS flash screen enabled.

Hope that helps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanno View Post
    You can usually get into the BIOS by hitting the "Del" key during POST. When you first start to see images on your screen after turning your computer on, start hitting the "Del" key several times. You should get a message that says "Entering BIOS Setup" or something similar. You may not see this if you have the BIOS flash screen enabled.

Hope that helps.
    Im having no trouble getting INTO the bios. That works just fine even with the LOGO. Problem is the BEEP that's really loud and warns me that something is not right, the question is just what ? And why Windows INDEX gives my HD's so low score than before. Not that the score really matter but it kinda indicates that's something diffirent with the HD's than before on my old system.

But im gonna try and disable the LOGO and see if there's something to read that might help me out with the annoying BEEP I get.

Cheers!

---------- Post added 2012-01-11 at 12:12 PM ----------

Okey, I disabled the ASUS LOGO and this is what happens now.

Turn Power on.
    Black Screen with nothing on it for 10 seconds.
    ONE BEEP.
    And then the ASUS text and bootup.

What I found wierd that IT went through the USB devices. And it says found 0 drivers, 2 keyboards and 1 mouse. 2 KEYBOARDS ? I only have one connected. Might that be the ISSUE ?

Cheers.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    i just looked at asus.com and i can see that there is a bios update, that fixes system stability. that could be your problem, so try and update your bios and see if that fixes the problem.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...GEN3/#download
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    i just looked at asus.com and i can see that there is a bios update, that fixes system stability. that could be your problem, so try and update your bios and see if that fixes the problem.
    I thank you for taking your time, but im already running that version of the BIOS, apparently that version that came on the CD.[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2012-01-11 at 08:12 PM ----------

When I boot my computer up after disabling the ASUS LOGO, the screen goes black for about 10 seconds, then I get ONE BEEP and then the BIOS and computer starts loading up and after that I enter Windows 7. Would estimate that it takes about 30 seconds which is fine. However im still concerned about that ONE BEEP even tho everything is working fine. Can anyone confirm if this BEEP is intended before the POST check or is it actually warning me about something that is wrong ?

If I check my mobo manual it says, ONE BEEP is one thing of the following: VGA DETECTED, NO KEYBOARD or DISABLED QUICKBOOT. My keyboard is working, running monitor through HDVI and can't find any setup in the advanced BIOS about QUICKBOOT.

One more thing tho, Windows Index gives my harddrives 5.9 rating in my new setup but im pretty sure on my old mobo I got something like 7.3ish. Is this something that needs to be dealt with ? Running a INTEL 320 80gb and one WD ECO Caviar 1TB.

Sorry for repeating myself but it's bugging me as I want everything to be running as it should and the BEEP from the BIOS is really loud and annoying aswell.
    Last edited by mmocc65ae76b38; 2012-01-11 at 07:11 PM.