old tier 10 man heroic difficulty?

so my guilds 8/8 for 10 and trying to consistantly get poeople for 25 man and are 4/8, since we are mostly a reform guild for 4.2 or so, i was thinking maybe we could go and knock out some older raids(BWL/BoT/Tot4W) for some guild progress and achieves and maybe mog gear. I was wondering, how hard exactly are they in ~390 gear? ive done them reg mode when they were current and it wasnt hard, but i was raiding casual due to work schedule. any tips thatll help make em quick, i scheduled them for an off night.

My guild always had issues with them in Firelands gear, so I don't know. They were never nerfed so they should still be challenging even in T13, although what level of challenge I'm not sure of.

It's harder than FL and heroic FL (Bar Ragnaros). The first ones are fine but nefarian, Al'Akir and Ascendant council and especially Sinestra would require awareness and skills that don't come with gear. You need a full group with all buffs for sinestra as it requires heavy DPS and healing even with 380ilevel gear or w/e + orbs are one shot.

I would recommend you begin with halfus - > Atramedes --> Maloriak ---> Magmaw ---> 4Winds ---> Chimaeron ---> Omnitron ---> Twin Drakes ---> Cho'gall ---> Al'akir ---> Nefarian ---> Sinestra ---> Ascendant council.

They won't be easy until you know the tactics fully, you can't go in there without a clue with 397 gear or w/e and think its faceroll even if mistakes are made.
    So if you do decide to go back and do them, suggest everyone to look up the fights and probably best do it 10 man with the most experienced players.

Quote Originally Posted by Loharl View Post
    Sinestra ---> Ascendant council.
    Council is a joke compared to Sinestra with FL+ gear.

Deleted
    you still need to have a paladin of some spec or 3 tanks for halfus if you haven't done it before. Otherwise you'll run into mortal strike issues unless your DPS and cooldowns/healers are absurdly good, even then i'm not sure you'll be able to drop off the MS debuff without the other tank reaching 0%healing done.

the other thing is that these fights were particularly difficult on 10 man partly because of gear checks, but also because of required raid comps.

Halfus - needs paladins or 3 tanks
    Conclave - need high burst on the wing guy platform, and a way to control adds on green platform
    Chimeron - in theory not too hard, but you either need to plan your cooldowns on tanks if you are 2 tanking, use 3 tanks or use a ret/dk with threat presence activated to hold aggro
    Twin Drakes - either need world class dps to burst it down before healing becomes overwhelming, or a tactic to kill adds in shadow realm (buffs to sub rogues will help, or cycle through ranged dps killing adds)
    Nef - interrupters and a warrior/pala tank for adds

etc.

Good luck, the fights are fun

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMaria View Post
    you still need to have a paladin of some spec or 3 tanks for halfus if you haven't done it before. Otherwise you'll run into mortal strike issues unless your DPS and cooldowns/healers are absurdly good, even then i'm not sure you'll be able to drop off the MS debuff without the other tank reaching 0%healing done.

the other thing is that these fights were particularly difficult on 10 man partly because of gear checks, but also because of required raid comps.

Halfus - needs paladins or 3 tanks
    Conclave - need high burst on the wing guy platform, and a way to control adds on green platform
    Chimeron - in theory not too hard, but you either need to plan your cooldowns on tanks if you are 2 tanking, use 3 tanks or use a ret/dk with threat presence activated to hold aggro
    Twin Drakes - either need world class dps to burst it down before healing becomes overwhelming, or a tactic to kill adds in shadow realm (buffs to sub rogues will help, or cycle through ranged dps killing adds)
    Nef - interrupters and a warrior/pala tank for adds

etc.

Good luck, the fights are fun
    You shoudnt need 3 tanks for halfus anymore. We 2 tanked it when we were in like 370 ilvl, nowadays it should be easy. You can zerg those drakes really quickly if dps is competent.

Conclave - just burst plants down, easy enough to do. Wind platform shouldnt be a problem, put a fury warrior/frost mage/rogue or any class with on demand burst really.

Valiona - world class dps? Hardly. If people are 390+ and perform adequately (30k+ dps) it should be easy to zerg. Even if you can't, send 1 dps with 1 healer down and it should be easy enough.

Nef - any tank can do adds now that you're in this gear. However, a frost DK/ret/warrior dps is really, really handy for P1 to clump the skeletons for you to ensure a clean p3.

The fights overall are easy with the gear around now. I know they were a joke in half heroic FL gear when we went back for the meta, now they should melt. Make SURE though that when you do AC/sinestra the people know how to avoid stuff - "that guy" will wipe you many times if he's there.