10+ Year Old Account

Arrow 2pc T12 vs 4pc T13 (holy/disc)

I've read our threads, I've read a few threads on the official forums.

I'm wondering if any of our heroic content clearing disc priests have experimented with this?
    This is a hard bonus to attach numbers to (though many have, and I salute them - forgive me for being skeptical).

I could get my 4pc rather easily if I wanted it, but I don't know if it's really worth it. The rapture proc is random, leaving me to fear that the wrong bubble will put me on a rapture cd and rob me of a double rapture more often than not. Am I misunderstanding this?

Has anyone here actually compared the two IN-GAME for heroic encounters? Did you notice a difference?
    Mana issues without 2pc T12? Noticeably larger bubbles and higher rapture returns with 4pc?
    Or did you not really notice anything at all?

I'm not really looking for math, though if you have some reliable (or semi-reliable math) it's certainly welcome. I'm really just looking for opinions from anyone that has used both 2pc T12 and 4pc T13 for heroic T13 content. (math comparing 2pc T12 encounters to 4pc encounters for the same player, is most certainly welcome.)

I am very sorry if this has been asked and addressed in a different thread.
    I do believe I've read our other threads but perhaps I've missed something.

Most useful post I'd recently found:
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    60x6 = 360 => 360/15 = 24 => 24 * 10% = 2,4 raptures with double shield.

At around 150k mana that is about 25k mana which over 6mins equals:

25000 / 360 = 69,5 => 69,5*5 = 347,5mp5, and that is if you only do shields for rapture, if you do shields for other things and the double shield procs there (though this goes both ways), u get no double rapture since rapture is on cd, from my understanding, or if the shield fails to break and just fades, the entire effect is lost.

In comparison the 2set T12 gives 412 mp5.
    I'm thinking that until mana becomes a non-issue for heroic encounters, 2pc T12 > 4pc T13. (I'll pickup 4pc after everyone else has it already.)

Though I'd still like opinions from anyone who has been able to personally compare the 2.
    Last edited by Mikayo; 2012-01-10 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikayo View Post
    I've read our threads, I've read a few threads on the official forums.
    The rapture proc is random, leaving me to fear that the wrong bubble will put me on a rapture cd and rob me of a double rapture more often than not. Am I misunderstanding this?
    I don't have much to offer you in terms of math, but your remark here confused me a bit. There is no 'wrong' bubble to put you on rapture cd? At least how i understand our 4 set bonus, you have a 10% chance to proc a large shield, AND a 10% chance to proc a double rapture.

I'm guessing you interpreted this as having a 10% chance to get a large shield, and that shield would give a double rapture in case it was the shield that procced it. This would be a pretty shitty design, as the bigger shield would be twice as hard to break as the smaller ones, effectively making it very hard to get rapture from the big shield.

If the latter explanation is indeed the correct one (I haven't done any testing myself) that would be rather crap and i'd like to know as well :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    I don't have much to offer you in terms of math, but your remark here confused me a bit. There is no 'wrong' bubble to put you on rapture cd? At least how i understand our 4 set bonus, you have a 10% chance to proc a large shield, AND a 10% chance to proc a double rapture.

I'm guessing you interpreted this as having a 10% chance to get a large shield, and that shield would give a double rapture in case it was the shield that procced it.
    Likewise, I can't offer much in the way of testing and experimentation.

However, I came across a post on the Blizzard forums where somebody tested the T13 4p for disc and came to a 10% shield+, 10% rapture+ conclusion. I can't seem to find the post right now, and I don't remember whether he was proven correct/incorrect. I'll try to find the post tomorrow and see what came of it.

Deleted
    in 397gear, 150k mana is extemely conservative, im ilvl 393 and have 163k.

in terms of the bonuses, i still have 2pc T12 and 2pc T13. the only reason being is that i havent had the luck to get the other pieces of T13.

in terms of regen, they are both very similar (by the maths you linked at the top) but the 4pc T13 adds extra throughput ASWELL, even if its not a guarantee "when you want it". on heavy damage phases like a crap combo of oozes on yorsajh hc a 70k+ shield could be a life saver