Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is knightcleave still vialble

The title says it all is knightcleave (With a Resto Druid) viable still? knightcleave is Resto Druid (Or disc priest/H Pal) with a Frost/Unholy DK and Ret Paladin.

<Let's not call it rapecleave. It is unnecessarily offensive for a comp name, especially such a poorly defined comp.>
    Last edited by Stanton Biston; 2012-01-14 at 01:38 AM.

Deleted
    Why would you want to play this when you can play TSG or Ebolacleave. I'd go for Ebolacleave. The name is awesome.

X Guildies and I are good mates (met irl etc) just want to run this for 2.2k then branch off into better comps just want to know if this comp is worth it or not. (For 2.2k+)

Fucking hate these stupid cleave names. Who makes this shit up anyway?

But it seems viable.

Deleted
    I think 2.2k is possible with that comp if you have a paladin healer. Druid healers aren't that good anymore, too easy to kill especially in Rapecleave. The only good thing I see about this comp is the amount of burst Frost and Ret brings.

May as well play Feral

Viable, yes. But running with a Resto Druid will kinda suck on account of Druids die to stuff that any other healer wouldn't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Almost every setup is viable for 2,2K. But replace any of those 2 with rogue who has vial and t1 legendary daggers, you'll notice the difference.

And who the hell named it Rapecleave? I heard many names but this is ridiculous (comparable to yumy-gumy-bear cleave).

---------- Post added 2012-01-11 at 02:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphus View Post
    Viable, yes. But running with a Resto Druid will kinda suck on account of Druids die to stuff that any other healer wouldn't.
    Indeed. There was this quote by one gladiator rogue:
    "Druid is behind pillar with barkskin and hotted? Target and sprint!"

Idk, every clown and their mom has to invent some sort of new cleave team.

But I find it funny when casters try to say that "Cleave teams" take no skill, and I usually let them rant on for a while and then reply...

"Wizard Cleave. "

Thank you for the constructive posts so far Keep the comming. )

Quote Originally Posted by Aturbus View Post
    Why would you want to play this when you can play TSG or Ebolacleave. I'd go for Ebolacleave. The name is awesome.
    It's about 5x more viable that TSG because TSG is weak as shit. It could also be argued that its better than Ebola because I've seen more high rated DK/Ret/x teams at or near the top of the ladders a few weeks ago when I checked.

I'm playing this comp this season and I like it more than I did PriestHD which I played to pretty good success (2600 MMR was our cap out) the last 2 seasons.

Play it as UH. Frost gets put defensive too early and too easily. Going defensive is a loss almost every time. You still pretty much pop everything but save Unholy Frenzy for your Priest vs Hunters, Mages and often Rogues (depending on who they are dumping their CC into).

Disc is probably the strongest healer because if you don't win in the first round of offensive CD's you generally lose or have to turtle for 3 mins which isn't likely with this comp with how squishy DK's and Rets are atm. Since Priests are the most offensive healer atm its a no brainer.

You can play it 2 ways either go after the squishiest target with plenty of clean fast switches with all your instant CC into the healer. We were playing it this way and had a pretty tough time but also that was early season and we faced the current R1's twice one day (I frapsed it) and a total of 12 present or past r1's and 15-20 past or present glads in 2 days. So its kinda hard to judge how good that strat truly is.

We started using the Healer zerging strat and jumped up 200 pts in 2 nights and went about 70% win ratio. BUT now that were sitting at higher MMR's we are starting to have troubles getting enough uptime on healers so I'm not sure how long we will keep up that strat. I've seen people that have played it at 2700+ say they go healer at that level but... that was last season when you could exploit MMR to that rating so easily its not funny. So another night of 50-50 while trying to go healer means we will probably go back to original strategy.

Our current healer zerging strats.

Shaman: Hit them hard Strang first to hopefully get trinket and NS. Save both HoJ AND Gnaw for ~30% and after NS has been used stop Skill-Link. If trinket is up use HoJ to force the trinket and then Gnaw instantly and hope to get a kill in it. Save wings for HoJ if possible.

Priests... poor Priests remember to bring lube they are already going to lose their dignity at least you can give them a little courtesy: Basically kill them in your immunities. HoJ first to force Pain Sup and possibly trinket. Use Strang at about 40-50% ish to either force trinket or drop them to the point Aura Mastery is a must. Grip > Gnaw Aura Mastery if HoJ isn't back up and its usually over at that point.

Paladins: Depends on your healer and their comp. If they have tons of pressure and burst and your Priest (if you have one) isn't likely to get off an MD we usually go for a squishy DPS and CC the Pally. If we can get an MD off we go Pally. Some games we just go on Pally to force bubble then switch and then usually switch back.

Druids: Just kill what ever you can connect to the easiest because generally they can't heal through the amount of DPS this comp puts out.

Going into comp by comp isn't really easy because as this comp each teams playstyle determines the target and those I listed above are only if you are both able to sit on the healer 60%+ of the game.

But heres the way we have been handling a few common comps many I'm listing are the ones we don't win 70%+ against so this isn't bible truth and if anyone has better ways feel free to share. This is the first meleecleave anyone on my team has played above 1900 so we are still figuring things out.

vs RMP's our only consistent wins come from zerging the Priest in our immunities and hoping for a kill. If we can't get it we usually go Mage but often lose to random 50k Vial Procs. A good team opens on the DK and can burn every one of his CD's in 2 quick bombs and its a guaranteed win after that.

RLS is similar we try to go Shaman if its clear we can't stay on him we go Lock but often get globaled by the Rogue.

Any comp with a Frost DK and no Priest go DK. TSG with a UH still go DK. PHD go DK for sure regardless of spec unless a Priest.

Any comp with a Priest go Priest.

KFC go Warrior usually but quite often lose WILL BE WORSE NOW THAT VIAL SCALES FOR HUNTERS. Jungle and Thug we generally just die quick and havent figured out a strat.

Ret teams we usually go Ret to reduce Effectivness of WoG.

MLS we often split and make switches when we think we can score a kill. We often will try to connect with the healer first if it fails we go to the split.

Kittycleave we usually go Warrior if Pally and try to get a healer otherwise. We usually die in a matter of a few seconds though regardless because of how bad DK's are at surviving Physical damage.

Quote Originally Posted by vryer View Post

But it seems viable.
    The guys in 3s tourneys. TSG is named after a top team which was H pal, DK/Warr. Euro comp same thing.

They only started getting retarded lately. I think it started with an announcer calling hunter/war/healer KFC, which is derogatory term referencing African Americans.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Deleted
    Play frostDK/Ret/disc, pwn any caster, ret make sure to support your disc/dk whn needed

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    I think it started with an announcer calling hunter/war/healer KFC, which is derogatory term referencing African Americans.
    Nah KFC stands for Kung Fu Cleave

Most names are based on the classes involved, which usually are the most obvious ones, PHD, RMP, RLS, LSD, and the spin offs comps of those usually mimic those names, FMP, LSDv2, Heroic RLS etc...

Then you have the cleaves which started meaning teams relying on damage over control, but over the years have started to mean a whole lot more than that. It seems that lately it's been about coming up with the most ridiculous names and putting "cleave" after it such as Mongolian Earthworm Cleave, Black Hockey Player Cleave, Tampax Cleave etc.

Furthermore you have the "plays", which usually involved a shadow priest, Owlplay, Shatterplay, Shadowplay.

As you mentioned, TSG, is a bit unique as it's named after the players that popularized it.
    Last edited by Nigeldruid; 2012-01-11 at 08:59 PM.

Deleted
    So glad someone still calls it this. So glad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeldruid View Post
    Nah KFC stands for Kung Fu Cleave
    As you mentioned, TSG, is a bit unique as it's named after the players that popularized it.
    Correct it had not a goddamn thing to do with Chicken or an announcer. Getnerded named it Kung Fu Cleave.

TSG stands for Teh Super Guise iirc which was the name of the team that popularized the comp.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyrtnap View Post
    TSG stands for Teh Super Guise iirc which was the name of the team that popularized the comp.
    I always thought it meant : Train, Strang, Glad
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2012-01-12 at 04:58 AM.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Must be the same people who make up collective nouns. And probably half the entries on UrbanDictionary.

But it seems viable.
    When I read the name I was thinking more along the lines of rogue/feral/healer what with how they like to do it from behind and everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Go arthascleave.
    Frost DK, unholy DK and holy paladin

Resto druids are dogshit in 3s.