Page 1 of 44
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Most Disappointing Game

What was that one game that you were so stoked to play, so looking forwad to for such a long time, & then it totally disappointed you & why?

I know mine, FF13. I pretty much loved the Final Fantasy series since the original one on the NES way back when I was just 6 years old. But of any of the single player console RPGs this one just totally missed the mark for me. I couldn't even complete the game I found it just so linear, so boring, & I couldn't get into any of the characters.

I really hope the next single player console RPG of the series is a home run. FF13 was just such a massive let down for me.

So MMO-Champs, what's your biggest gaming disappointment?

Deleted
    Stronghold legends, I really liked the past stronghold games exept that, can't remember what i disliked so much about Stronghold Legends :P

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Banjo kazooie Nuts & Bolts, Perfect dark zero, and Battlefield 3

Deleted
    Mine was Spore. I had been looking forward to that game SO much. I had litterally been following the development for years. So obviously on the release day I HAD to get it. It didn't take more than 5 hours and I was so extremely disappointed with it. Sadface...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazomi View Post
    Banjo kazooie Nuts & Bolts, Perfect dark zero
    These definitely agree with, can't think of any others at the moment.

BF3, didn't turn out to be as 'strategic' etc as people were making it out to be, in random matches atleast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, not that I was stoked for said game but, it would have to MW3. I have never seen such laziness, rehashing, and overpricing at that caliber in a gamer. in a long motherfucking time. I knew I shouldn't have bought it, but me being the optimist, bought anyway. I'd rather have used that 60 bucks for some other activity, like purchasing cheap hookers.
    "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints." --Billy Joel

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” --John Lennon

Deleted
    I'd say Rift to be honest, it was not as i thought it was...

Deleted
    Force Unleashed 2. I'm not the most skilled gamer, and usually take my time, especially with story heavy games. This one got about 6 hours of playtime before it ended on a sequel-money-grabbing cliffhanger with only boring collectibles and time trial missions left to do. After the prequel was one of the best games I'd ever played, this broke my heart a little.

Torchlight, I expected more from creators of Diablo.

10+ Year Old Account
    for 2011 for me, it was Brink. I was looking forward to it sooooooo much then I got it and was like "EHHHHHHHH?".

Cant think of anything else I got that was dissapointing. Rife was OK.
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

Deleted
    Stronghold legends for sure, couldt even complete match 4.

Deleted
    Hate to say it but Minecraft is top of the list, and then MW3, could have the chance to be also....

10+ Year Old Account
    Sacred 2. I love the first one to bits, even though it really is crap compared by today's standards (nostalgia says "HI"!).

Then I installed the sequel. I want those two hours of my life back -.-

Awful controls. Even compared to the first one.

Edit: Like the pony some posts above me, I was also highly disappointed with Spore. I wanted a 3d version of E.V.O: Search for Eden (SNES), but all I got was a damn strategy game.
    Last edited by Calzaeth; 2012-01-11 at 01:58 PM.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishpaladin View Post
    for 2011 for me, it was Brink. I was looking forward to it sooooooo much then I got it and was like "EHHHHHHHH?".
    I forgot that I erased that game from my mind, SOOOOO BAD!!!!! when I bought it > =D when I played it > :|
    Last edited by mmoc2d5f69e621; 2012-01-11 at 01:59 PM.

The Fable series takes the crown for this in my eyes. It could have been so much, yet just ended up falling so short of the expectations.

FF12 is also a contender. Terrible main character, and boring side characters. Gameplay is so dull. FF13 wasn't a dissapointment, because my expectations were already so low due to FF12 that I couldn't possibly be dissapointed.

Final Fantasy XIV

I expected a lot more from the game, so sad
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

Fable on the Xbox...the only game i have ever returned to store within a weekend...i was quite lucky, about 6 months after that they stopped giving refunds on games if they were opened.

Dragon Age 2.

It could have been soooo much better.

omg yes and Fable 3.

2 was amazing. Played through it about 9 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

SWTOR got in beta from the get go and was sooo excited after 2 lvl 50s i realized it was wow in space when you stripped away all the newness of it