Question Is there a bottleneck somewhere here? (PC setup)

Like the title asks, is there a bottleneck somewhere in the PC setup? Oh, and it's a PC for games like (resolution 2560 x 1920) BF3, LoL, WoW, Skyrim and AC: Revelations.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k / 3.4 GHz Processor - 8MB LGA1155
    CPU-Cooler: Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev2 Multi
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V Pro - ATX LGA1155
    RAM: 1600 MHz Kingston HyperX (4x2GB)
    Graphics Card: ASUS EN GTX570 DC11/2DIS/1280MD5 - 1.25GB
    Harddrive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 - 3.5'' SATA-600 1TB
    Powersupply: Corsair Builder Series CX600 V2 - 600W 120mm

I'm considering buying another graphics card (Gigabyte GV N580UD-15I - GF-GTX580 1.5GB or the new ATI Radeon 7k series) and getting 16 GB Ram instead of 8, any thoughts on that?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    2560x1920? What?

The only things I think are fairly glaring at first are the HDD and the PSU. The PSU is hardly enough wattage for the 570 when all is said and done and gives you minimal OC headroom... the HDD, while not really a major problem at first, does not marry the GPU and CPU like an SSD would.

If you're playing a huge resolution like 2560x1440 for example, a 580 might be a bit better, due to extra VRAM for heavy AA.

Idk why you bought the i7-2600K, if it was just for gaming, then it was a waste, simple as that.

Buying another GPU, sure you could, but you could always just SLI with the 570, since you already have one, but if you really want to go above and beyond the call, just get a 7970, since they make the 580 about meaningless to have now, based on priceerformance.

You could up to 16GB of RAM... especially since RAM is so bloody cheap now. 4GB modules are the way to go nowadays, so idk why you bought 2GB modules in the first place - considering how little money you saved from just going with 2x4GB, unless that was a typo.

Honestly, if I had the setup you have right now, and I had the cash you're talking about having towards a 580/7970, before I would even consider upping to a different graphics card, considering I already have a 570, which is not at all a bad GPU, I would add a dedicated SSD to this rig and a higher quality PSU.

Quick suggestions for good SSD/PSU:

Seasonic X760 watt PSU 80+ Gold (760 watts 80+ Gold will give you great OC headroom and this is also amongst the best power supplies available.)
    Crucial m4 128GB SATA III SSD
    Kingston HyperX 120GB SATA III SSD
    Mushkin Cronos 120GB SATA III SSD
    Corsair Force GT 120GB SATA III SSD
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

The resolution is on a 30 inch monitor.. Isn't it a what you use on a screen that size?

Does the SSD improve the performance of the PC? As far as I have heard, it decreases loading times a bit? And start up.. But startup isn't a problem from me..

Regarding the CPU, I'm planning on upgrading it later, so I figured I'd get a really good CPU now, and no need for changing it later? Or do I need to upgrade CPU and Graphics card at the same time?

But yeah, I'll go for 16 GB then and I'll get another PSU, thanks a lot! :-)

Edit: PSU, will a 'Corsair Enthusiast Series TX850 V2 - 850W do well enough?

Regarding the HDD, what do you mean by it not marrying the GPU and CPU?

FYI, I have very little knowledge about this stuff, which is why I'm asking.
    Last edited by Zealic; 2012-01-11 at 03:26 PM.

Deleted
    the biggest gain would be adding another 570. But if you dont wanna fiddle around with SLI, then get a 7970 and not a 580.
    And with another card, also a new PSU