Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Here ill break it down for you...

Jedi Knight ------> Guardian (Tank/DPS) Close Range *Single Lightsaber*
    --------------------> Sentinel (DPS) Close Range *Dual Wield Lightsaber*

Jedi Consular ----> Sage (DPS/Healer) Ranged *Single Lightsaber*
    ---------------------> Shadow (Tank/DPS) Close Range *Lightsaber Staff*

Trooper ----------> Commando (DPS/Healer) Ranged *Guns*
    --------------------> Vanguard (Tank/DPS) Ranged *Guns*

Smuggler---------> Scoundrel (DPS/Healer) Ranged & Close *Shotgun & Knives + Dirty fighting*
    --------------------> Gunslinger (DPS) Ranged *Guns*

Sith Warrior ------> Juggernaut (Tank/DPS) Close Range *Single Lightsaber*
    ---------------------> Marauder (DPS) Close Range *Dual Wield Lightsaber*

Sith Inquisitor ---> Assassin (Tank/DPS) Close Range *Lightsaber Staff*
    ---------------------> Sorcerer (DPS/Healer) Ranged *Single Lightsaber*

Bounty Hunter --> Powertech (Tank/DPS) Ranged *Guns*
    ---------------------> Mercenary (DPS/Healer) Ranged *Guns*

Imperial Agent --> Sniper (DPS) Ranged *Guns*
    --------------------> Operative (DPS/Healer) Ranged & Close *Shotgun & Knives + Dirty fighting*
    This mostly. Though Vanguards/Powertech are pretty much melee. They have ranged capabilities but they function the best in all 3 specs in melee.

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Money is best with a lot of professions. Slicing is the 'overrated profession everyone uses,' as it had to be nerfed due to the insane cash the lockboxes produced. I've made decent cash using Archaeology/Slicing/Scavenging.
    I was tempted to get slicing to be completely honest, im just not sure if its worth it or not. :P But the fact each class has a storyline. I actually... feel like i'd do alts so i might end up doing it anyways, at least to try it out. It seems their is no true "perfect" combination of professions just yet. In all honesty i kinda hope it stays that way. I hope they make it so that EVERY profession has a reason for being in game, That each has some... benefit vs how they've become in wow, where most everything you craft is useless and a complete waste. In wow crafting professions were kinda worthless for making money, and you could easily replace the gear via alternative means, while gathering skills were amazing for money. sure each have their own benefit for the user, like "reusable flasks" and such, But i think it would be cool if each profession offered something unique that everyone would want or need, while only being available from that profession/crew skill. Im not sure im really explaining that in the best way possible. In a nut shell I just hope professions/crew skills... dont become where crew skill 1, 2, 3 and 4 are good where as the rest are mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by freshtendrills View Post
    This is really bad info, I'm not sure if you're still checking this post, but ill try to give you better Info on crew skills (posted on my phone apologize for typos). Biochem is the alchamist. Synthweaving makes force user armor. Cybertech makes mods for armor/weapons. Armstech makes basic armor for non force users. Armstech makes weapons for non force users. Artiface makes lightsaber crystals and gilts for sabers. The gathering skills go scavenger for metals(this goes well with cybertech, armstech) archeology gathers crystals(good with artiface) bioanalysis is for biochem of course. Slicing is more a standalone gathering skill that gathers lockboxes that get credits, and some rare schematics. Mission skills are the ones you will send your companions on. Diplomacy gets you light/dark side points, and companion gifts. Underworld trading gets rare metals and fabrics, its good paired with cybertech. And investigation ....not to sure on it.

Money wise biochem is always good, but I'm making good money selling mods as cybertech/scavanger/underworld trading. Making moneys touch and go right now. People haven't really grasped the exchange rate on credits yet. 700 credits is the equivalent to 70 silver in wow, 1000 credits is a gold. That's the way I see it anyway, best thing to do is to take the crew skill that will benefit your class, and go from there . Money will come if your safe with it.
    Lol yeah, Im still lurking the thread. I wanted to see if anyone else was going to post anymore information in regards to my questions, just to get a little more input. I really appreciate you going all in depth. I actually got used to the whole singular money system in a f2p mmo before i started wow. I was used to everything being like... 500k - 1m, so it wont be that hard to switch back. So basically, I should just.. get what meshs well with my class?

i swear these are just troll threads

I Don want to create a thread,if someone can answer my questions, thanks.

-How much time till the max level, playing like 4 hours a day? The same as WoW or faster ? I mean doing everything, some pvp, space combat, quests etc.
    -What about questing? even if i reach the max level, i still will have amount of interesting quests to do around the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdecker View Post
    -How much time till the max level, playing like 4 hours a day? The same as WoW or faster ? I mean doing everything, some pvp, space combat, quests etc.
    You could probably level fully in less than 100 hours if you are skipping a lot of the cutscenes. I'm at 8 days played, still leveling, at level 44, but I also level slowly because I do a lot of exploring, auction house, etc. There is plenty to do, if you played classic WoW, it is much like that in ways of leveling, takes a while and you have to do most missions.

-What about questing? even if i reach the max level, i still will have amount of interesting quests to do around the world?
    There are a couple flashpoints at level 50, plus hardmode ones. By the time you get to them, most of the major bugs should be worked out. The Ilum planet is a place just for level 50s. You can go there as soon as you get your ship, but the missions and area is designed for level 50 players. Then there is what every other MMO has, with operations (raids) and warzones (battlegrounds). A flashpoint and more raid bosses are going in on Tuesday, and patch 1.2 will feature another flashpoint, operation, and warzone, which is planned for March.

I Don want to create a thread,if someone can answer my questions, thanks.

If you're going to actually watch cutscene dialogue and the like, you'll easily clock in at around a month. You can drastically cut leveling time by spamming spacebar, but if not, you're looking at at least around 4-5 days of /played if you're an experienced MMO'er.