SimC stat weight question (ele shaman)

So my wife (Kieoni - Doomhammer) ran SimC last night and from what it says mastery was anywhere from 2.38-2.55 and haste went down to 1.8-2.0 is that normal to see haste drop so much for an ele shaman?

and on a side note what dps should she be doing? Me as a SV hunter can beat her on most fights besides madness where she blows everyone away.

We do have logs on WOL, guild Inevitable Failure since i can't post links.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, here's how this works...

Stat weights are how much dps each point is at that time contributing. They are suggestive to which stat is better, but they do not cardinally mean that. If you change any stat, be it -1 mastery, +1 haste, even crit or intellect, those stat weights that you currently have will change. Everything benefits and affects everything.

http://chardev.org/
    This is a site that allows you to customize a character and upload it into simcraft (as opposed to manually reforging everything in game and wasting a shit-ton of time and money). Change your wife's stats from mastery heavy to haste heavy and see how the overall dps and stat wieghts check out. Then fiddle around with balancing the stats, and do everything in between.

There is a way to map the way each stat scales, and hopefully someone will indulge, but the above is the basics.
    mhm? mhm.

Well the first time she ran SimC it said mastery was at 2.5 and haste 2.0 then she reforged some to mastery and ran it again and got mastery at 2.3 and haste at 1.8. So that means mastery is more or less what she should be aiming for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diranux View Post
    Well the first time she ran SimC it said mastery was at 2.5 and haste 2.0 then she reforged some to mastery and ran it again and got mastery at 2.3 and haste at 1.8. So that means mastery is more or less what she should be aiming for?
    What was her overall dps? Having 9.3 per point doesn't matter if your actual dps is only 10k.
    mhm? mhm.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no simple answer, and the answer changes as you change your gear. If you want a firm answer, you need to run the sim each and every time.

Simcraft measures stat weights using increases (or decreases depending on how you have it set up) as +300.

So its (DPS1-(DPS2+300Stat))/300

The more iterations you perform, the more accurate this will be.

You can also use simcraft to plot (under the plot stat tab) each stat and you can visually see how the stats rank in accordance to one another based on scaling. This is actually the longest process of simming because it plots each point by x iterations. So if you want to run 10k Iterations (pretty much the minimum for useful information) make sure you have a decent computer.

As far as elemental shaman go, the values could change every 100 points. I know for shadow priests, it gets pretty ridiculous in higher gear levels because everything tends to converge and the best stat any any one time can change easily.

If you look at the simcraft page after running stat weights, there shoul be a bar graph showing the margin of error. If nothing overlaps, you should be good to go for the highest stat without needing to worry. If they all overlap (or 2 of them or something) then you'll want to just add a line "enchant=+XStat,-YStat" to an item based and reforge estimates and resim. If results are the same in accordance with stat weights, you are good to go.

The last SimC run with her toon (Kieoni-Doomhammer) said her top possible dps was 43302. That was on the patchwork setting. I believe with Helter Skelter was around 39k.

I understand running it for every upgrade, that part makes sense. Are you saying that with 1 upgrade it could change dramatically? Where right now it says haste is at 2.08 after 1 upgrade haste could jump back up to mastery at 2.55?

Yeah there was no overlapping on her plotting for haste or mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diranux View Post
    Are you saying that with 1 upgrade it could change dramatically? Where right now it says haste is at 2.08 after 1 upgrade haste could jump back up to mastery at 2.55?
    That is correct, and it is theoretically possible with even a change of 1 crit.
    mhm? mhm.