Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Tested your theory, just for the hell of it, but only partially.
    Farmed ore in Uldum for 1 hour exactly.
    Fighting off mining bots, and only on a level 84 Huntress with a 280 speed mount, managed 16 stacks of elementium, 2 stacks of the other ore, name eludes me as i am at work. This is a farming toon in a level 25 guild, so i get the speed and farming buffs.
    Elementium ore goes for 90 gold per stack. Did not sell any of my motes tho, and i am collecting them. Engineering helps for the motes.
    Managed to make almost 1600 gold for that hour.

Will try again soon and go for the full 3.2 hours. Levelling the huntress just on mining.

Quote Originally Posted by Mawler View Post
    Pick up herbalism, get it to 525, fly to Uldum and fly circles around the place mining Pyrite, Elementium, while picking Cinderbloom and Whiptail. In an hour or so I can have 20 stacks of Elementium Ore and sell them for 99g buyout each. Then on top I have my Pyrite which sells for 150g a stack. Lots of money in that!
    Before you do this though make sure your server actually have descent prices on these.
    On my server this would be such as waste of time seeing as Elementium ore goes for ~30g per stack, Pyrite ~40g per stack, Cinderbloom and Whiptail ~10g per stack.
    Even with JC which gives huge profits compared to mining it's slow work since Inferno Ruby which is the big seller only goes for roughly 100g even today when raids reset.
    I managed during the weekend to make 40k with JC/Alchemy/Enchanting in a day.. that took me roughly 8 hours of gametime even though I managed to get good prices (for my realm) on the stuff I sold

10+ Year Old Account
    steal from other players

Deleted
    There is no way I can get 16 stacks of ore in just one hour (unless maybe it is 3AM).
    People seem to forget there are others mining as well.
    If I can get 8-9 stack, I have been pretty lucky.

On my realm, gems sell for crap, unless it is the red ones.
    Even then though, jewelcrafting can be quite lucrative, but don't expect wonders either.

Right now, my most moneymaking way is to transmute with alchemy. (truegold and gems that I then cut)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by usiris View Post
    Read the 2 bottom links in my sig.
    Nice links, but TUJ only shows US realms, doesn't it? Don't you know of any similar site for EU servers?

Edit: Sorry, didn't see the link to EU servers ^^U
    Last edited by mmoc7d1a31b628; 2012-01-21 at 08:24 PM.

[QUOTE=patcherke;15144827]There is no way I can get 16 stacks of ore in just one hour (unless maybe it is 3AM).

Yes way, and not at 3am. Being on an oceanic server, i find the best times to mine is around 7 to 8 am, after i get home from a night shift.It is funny, but when i tried again a second time, there were 3 other miners in the area that i encountered, 2 were bots. I managed 18 stacks this second time. Mind you, i am in a rank 25 guild, so i do get the extra speed boost, and also the boost of extra materials from mining, skinning or herbing. I use a set route every time. I start at Cursed landing and fly along the shelf to Schnotts landing, then back again.Pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by patcherke View Post
    There is no way I can get 16 stacks of ore in just one hour (unless maybe it is 3AM).

On my realm, gems sell for crap, unless it is the red ones.
    Even then though, jewelcrafting can be quite lucrative, but don't expect wonders either.

Right now, my most moneymaking way is to transmute with alchemy. (truegold and gems that I then cut)
    More miners = more resapwns... you can easily get 20 stacks an hour if you farm with 310% base on a paladin. in 25 guild.
    2400 EXP Multi-Boxer On Tichondrius Alliance/Horde

An easy way is to have:
    JC
    Transmutation Alchemist
    Enchanter

Buy ores off the AH, prospect, then:

Rare gems -> cut and sell (inferno rubies are your best friend here)
    Carnelian -> transmute to inferno ruby
    Hessonite, alicite, nightstone, jasper -> create misc rings/pendants -> disenchant -> sell mats or enchant scrolls
    Zephyrite -> trash (or sell if you are patient, they usually only sell good on days when the corresponding JC daily is up)

I never farm, cause it bores the crap out of me but you still make a very good gain while not investing too much time.
    In the beginning I'd rather sell enchanting mats instead of enchant scrolls until you know the market well enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by furtality View Post
    FISHING. like you say, you aint greedy, neither am i, so this works for me. pick up fishing, go to TB and stay in the non pvp zone. get into the river and swim through it fishing up all the fathom eel. i spent about an hour over 2 days fishing them up and made 4k. sells for 200g a stack. doesnt take long. nets some cash at very little effort. also herb if you herbalist.
    Could not agree more with this - Fathom Eels go for an abscene amount of money. If you don't have maxed out fishing, don't worry about it as they are all in pools and you don't need fishing above 1 to succesfully catch from a pool. If you start getting bored doing the rounds in Tol Barad (and don't forget the Wellson Shipyards and Rustberg Village Docks, debris pools ftw), you can always fly up to Twilight Highlands and fish Guppies.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Quote Originally Posted by Attendance View Post
    I am not a greedy player but I have never had more than 10k gold in my entire time on World of Warcraft, at this precise moment I have 3k spread across 3 level 85's. Here are my character's:

Warrior: 525 Engineering, 525 Skinning
    Mage: 525 Mining, 350 tailoring
    Paladin: 250 JC, 200 mining

so i'm just wondering is there any tips on how to make it past 20k anything to look for on the AH which may be below 3k which I can sell for a profit?

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Also my first post on this forum

Edit: Also I play on Frostmane EU.
    Here's what you can do. To start with, farm ore and sell SOME of it (about 50%). Save up what you earn
    Step 2a: Level JC with the remaining ore. Get to 500 (Pref 525)
    Step 2b: Level Enchanting on a toon. Drop something (maybe skinning, since you don't have a LW and leather isn't a great money spinner)
    Step 3: Once you have Enchanting and JC up there, It's time to shuffle! You can use the saved up money (and any left over ore) to buy ore from the AH, prospect it with JC, make jewelry to DE and sell the enchanting mats. You can also cut the RARE gems and sell them. Rare jewelery can be either sold or DEed and the shard can be sold.

To make even more money, make an alchemist. Transmute specced alchemists are great for transmuting Shadowspirit Diamonds. Your JC can cut them and voila, massive profit again!

To give you a number, I bought around 75 stacks of ore for roughly 5k when I started. I turned that into roughly 12k (7k profit) in a day of doing this. YOUR MILAGE MAY VARY. IT DEPENDS ON YOUR SERVER.

However, this SHOULD work on almost any realm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Tanks are bowls. Healers are milk. DPS is the cereal. If you don't have a bowl, nothing's going anywhere but where you don't want it. If your milk's bad, the whole meal is instantly ruined. If there is not enough cereal, the whole meal is a failure and you aren't satisfied.

Ever tried checking the prices on your AH for non-cata leather prices? ... Sometimes you can find leather at awkward high prices.
    Depending on server population; try checking prices for Runecloth / Frostweave Cloth. (again, non-cata items/reagents).
    Mining... Tried a round in Searing Gorge or Swamp of Sorrows, just along the edges of the zones? Lots of vains; lots of buyers (usually).

Often find it being immensely expensive to level a profession, as materials from before Cataclysm are not the most farmed things. You might get lucky. - My advise: Try with what you have atm. If it doesn't work, go ahead and try investments in JC. Looots of people have JC, so it _can_ be a hard market to enter.
    Former Wotlk Paladin Blockbot | 105,2% avoid / 3700 BV | Lots of old content soloed, incl. 3 factionleaders (Wrynn, Gnome king, Valen). - Currently exploring the fun of Soloing with new characters.

- I tend to think sentences faster than I can type, in replies, so often there is spelling and wording mistakes. Sorry.

Fish Fathom Eel, Highlan Guppy, you'll be rich.

I play(have played with) a number of guys who played the auction house really well. One guy took the stockholder route and just bought low and sold high. Another took the walmart approach and just made lots of gems, and I think some other stuff too(but mainly gems) that he sold in bulk(this method probably requires the biggest time investment as he has to constantly check his auctions to ensure that he is the lowest seller and post additional auctions below anyone that undercuts him. The last guy I knew I like to think of as more the criminal type, or at least he associated with criminals; on my server he knew a few people that farmed items to sell for gold so that they could exchange it for US dollars. This guy knew when they logged off and had to dump their items to reach their quotas, so he could often get the items for 60-75% of their actual values. He would then just resell these items, and these were big ticket items such as the ICC crafting/shadowmourne quest item.

Just get creative with your gold making. I sit at around 20k because that's around all I need, I've been as high as 100k when I was in super bored farming mode, or trying to save up for something cool like a motorcycle or mammoth. I'll admit that this patch has done stupid things to the gem market though. I actually dread getting gear upgrades. And my relatively geared alts have ungemmed gear.

ps: This patch is fantastic for gold making if you're a jc, just remember jc is behind everything but herbalism/mining for raiding stats.

I would suggest Neutral Auction House Sniping. Easy to do, with all these Lunar Festival pets, you can make 10k pretty easily.

I spend 10 minutes a day, all I do is craft stuff and sell them for profit, you have to find out what people buy. On my servers its the Elementium Deathblade, even though it sucks it's still a good 2 hander for fresh 85s to get into Hour of Twilight Heroics, I seel it for 6k gold, mats are a lot less since I have several alchemy alts that make truegold.

Deleted
    For me the most insane profits were around 4.2 with inscription. Whiptail was around 20-30g per stack on my server so i was buying 250+ stacks, mill them and made MFCs (cost 4-6g, sells for 8-12g) and glyphs (cost 12-18g, sells 20-350g each) with the blackfallow ink and Darkmoon trinkets with the infernos (they were selling from 1,5k to 10k each). I was making 5-10k per day without spending much time on the AH to babysit my auctions. Unfortunately last 2 weeks herb prices were skyrocket on my server, probably a bot banwave, damn you Blizzard :P

If you know a BS, I have been selling Imperial Armor sets for 1k on my server. Only requires 30 mins to an hour to get all the ore.

Sell healer ques for LFR, during the right times you can make alot of money.