Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Stay classy, Blizzard.

Apparently you need to purchase a Blizzard game in order to get a chance to be invited for Diablo 3 beta. I don't have any Blizzard games on my account and because of that, I can't sign up for beta. Only way for me to sign up for beta is to purchase another game I'm not interested in. Stay classy, Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard rewards their customers and would rather give someone who has played their games and generally knows what to expect from one of their games a chance to preview their products over random people who don't play any of their games.

Imagine that.

Deleted
    Hmm, whou should Blizz let try out their new game for free? Paying customer or .......

Diablo 3 beta is mostly for friends of devs, and fansite admins, from what I've heard. Also, why do you feel entitled to be in the beta? You're welcome to buy the game like everyone else come release, Blizzard has no responsibility to let you into the beta...

If you were a diablo fan you would at least have diablo 2 linked and it seems like you don't so I guess you will just have to wait till it's out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go F*** yourselves San Diego?
    anyway,it's kind of like a reward system. Doesn't bother me because I play WoW. I won't get into the beta anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Apparently you need to purchase a Blizzard game in order to get a chance to be invited for Diablo 3 beta. I don't have any Blizzard games on my account and because of that, I can't sign up for beta. Only way for me to sign up for beta is to purchase another game I'm not interested in. Stay classy, Blizzard.

I don't see this as a problem at all. Not everyone can get invited to the beta and inviting only blizzard customers helps insure better testing imo.

I can't imagine why Blizzard would want paying customers to participate in the Diablo III beta instead of random people on the internet.

There is no such thing as a free lunch

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I can't imagine why Blizzard would want paying customers to participate in the Diablo III beta instead of random people on the internet.
    I'm not a random person. I have every intention to purchase Diablo 3. The fact is.. Even if I wanted to sign up for the beta.. I have to dish out 40 some odd dollars just for the chance to get invited. I'm not interested in WoW, SC, or the older games. Is that such a crime that I am not interested in those games? So essentially, I would be buying a game I would never play. Then buying Diablo 3 when it comes out. So they make a lot of money off me.

I wouldn't really worry about it. Diablo 3 beta will never go past Act 1. I have a friend that works at Blizzard that basically told me they have no plans on spoiling the storyline through the beta. You're not missing out on much.

beta is not a free trail or demo.

stay classy, gamers.

I'm not a random person. I have every intention to purchase Diablo 3. The fact is.. Even if I wanted to sign up for the beta.. I have to dish out 40 some odd dollars just for the chance to get invited. I'm not interested in WoW, SC, or the older games. Is that such a crime that I am not interested in those games? So essentially, I would be buying a game I would never play. Then buying Diablo 3 when it comes out. So they make a lot of money off me.
    Cool story bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    beta is not a free trail or demo.

stay classy, gamers.
    Where do you get the idea that I think it's a free trial or demo? Here is a thought. Maybe I'm actually interested in helping them find silly bugs and what not.. GASP NO that can't be.. Someone actually wants to do that?!

It's not even a "Blizzard game". if you don't have an active WoW account, it is highly unlikely you will get into any of their betas.

I got into the SC2 Beta and I have never even played SC. The only Blizzard game I had on the respective account was (an active version of) WoW.

Honestly, it really bugs me; there are some really dedicated Diablo fans out there but they will miss out on the beta, and the ability to post on the forums to share suggestions, ideas and feedback simply because they don't have an active WoW sub.

I'm no Blizzard hater but this is one thing that really bugs me - at how WoW-centric Blizzard is. Don't have WoW sub? Can't post in Diablo forums. Don't have WoW sub? Very unlikely that you will get into Diablo/SC2 beta...
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a random chance that you will be selected for betas regardless of accounts you have active, so long as you have a battle.net account and have setup the Beta Opt-in system.

The fact is, many people that I would personally never want to beta anything do get selected by Blizzard to test - because it's random. There are also many ways to get beta keys via contests and such. You don't have to play any of their games to get in their betas.

A Good case of this is me. I have played Blizzard games religiously for over twenty years, I have beta'd 3 titles; Diablo 2, Warcraft 3, World of Warcraft (Alpha). It has been almost a decade since I was let into a beta while many others who contribute (I have no doubt) little to nothing to the development of games get in based on the fact that Blizzard truly has a random system for invites in-place.

OP, As you appear to be the type of person I am talking about, it might be hard for you to appreciate this.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

I'm pretty sure you're some random person on the internet.

You're just being unreasonable for the sake of being unreasonable.
    Where do you get the idea that I think it's a free trial or demo? Here is a thought. Maybe I'm actually interested in helping them find silly bugs and what not.. GASP NO that can't be.. Someone actually wants to do that?!
    Well there you go. You can help them by giving them money.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    I've been a loyal Blizzard customer since Warcraft:Orcs and Humans in 1994. I've played Diablo, Diablo II, Starcraft, Warcraft III, Starcraft 2, and 7 years of WoW. I didn't get into the beta for Diablo III, yet you think you deserve to? Um, no.
    You failed to miss my point. I won't bother saying anything more other than these two sentences.

>Posts: 1033

you know this is a world of warcraft website, right?

the beta is not a demo-version... people need to realize this.

also why should they give beta access to somebod who doesnt care about their games? what good will come of that?