Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    should probably save up some more food stamps and go play runescape

Quote Originally Posted by Jerakal View Post
    Hahaha, fanboys will always come up with some drivel to back up their preconceptions about their favorite company/brand/game/softdrink/vegetable. Frankly, I think it's adorable.
    I'd say the reverse amuses me more, but perhaps it's just perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I'd say the reverse amuses me more, but perhaps it's just perspective.
    You mean trolling fanboys? Too easy, low-hanging fruit.

15+ Year Old Account
    I play betas as demos. COME AT ME BROS.

Hahaha, fanboys will always come up with some drivel to back up their preconceptions about their favorite company/brand/game/softdrink/vegetable. Frankly, I think it's adorable.
    Irrationally angry people will always assume everything a company does that doesn't please them personally is because of some deep conspiracy to screw everyone. It's an easy way for Blizzard to potentially reward some of their customers. Seriously, what do people's parents do these days to make them believe they deserve everything. I'm not a fan of everything Blizz does but honestly, bitching about this strikes me as really, really sad.

The guy above said it best, stay classy entitled gamers.

And I'm sure obtaining currency from people buying games to get a shot at the beta doesn't factor into it all.

Not to say your idea is completely absurd, it's entirely likely the OP intended this to be flamebait.

And I'm sure obtaining currency from people buying games to get a shot at the beta doesn't factor into it all.

Not to say your idea is completely absurd, it's entirely likely the OP intended this to be flamebait.
    I gotta be honest, it seems like anyone who would buy another game to get a small chance to get into a single act beta of the game likely already has at least one Blizz game. Otherwise, why are they jumping so hard to get into the beta? I'm as excited for it as anyone, but there's no way I'd go buy another game I wasn't gonna play just for a small chance at beta.
    Last edited by AttaBoyTroy; 2012-01-12 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AttaBoyTroy View Post
    I gotta be honest, it seems like anyone who would buy another game to get a small chance to get into a single act beta of the game likely already have at least one Blizz game. I'm as excited for it as anyone, but there's no way I'd go buy another game I was gonna play just for a small chance at beta.
    No, but you have your head on straight. And after all, this is the same company that is swindling people into a year-long contract for a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Apparently you need to purchase a Blizzard game in order to get a chance to be invited for Diablo 3 beta. I don't have any Blizzard games on my account and because of that, I can't sign up for beta. Only way for me to sign up for beta is to purchase another game I'm not interested in. Stay classy, Blizzard.
    ...and ?

I don't see any problem here. They are rewarding long term customers with a chance to take a sneak peek in D3. Besides, there's not much to play in the beta anyway.

---------- Post added 2012-01-12 at 08:41 AM ----------

No, but you have your head on straight. And after all, this is the same company that is swindling people into a year-long contract for a horse.
    Yea, that contract didn't include "free" Diablo 3 and guaranteed MoP beta access or anything. Just a horse.

/facepalm

---------- Post added 2012-01-12 at 08:43 AM ----------

What amuses me even more is people who don't manage to post a single post in a thread without adding the word fanboy somewhere in there. Insecure much?

Lol its not "just a horse", I think getting diablo 3 and guaranteed beta access makes it well worth it IF you know you'll continue playing wow for the whole duration of the contract. Thats how I see it anyway.

Why is the OP having problems opting in to Diablo 3 beta?

My WoW account hasn't been active for over 10 months, it the only Blizzard game I have on Bnet. and am able to opt in for Diablo 3 Beta.

The OP obviously has a wow account, based on his posts about wow.

See, I honestly don't get how any intelligent person could look at this as anything other than a good deal. Gonna be playing wow for a while and interested in D3? Now you get both. Not going to be playing wow but want D3? Buy the game as don spend the wow sub money.

I played for a long time, but currently am unsubbed and just gonna buy D3. If I was going to be playing until MoP though, it would be an absolute no-brainer to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I'm not a random person. I have every intention to purchase Diablo 3. The fact is.. Even if I wanted to sign up for the beta.. I have to dish out 40 some odd dollars just for the chance to get invited. I'm not interested in WoW, SC, or the older games. Is that such a crime that I am not interested in those games? So essentially, I would be buying a game I would never play. Then buying Diablo 3 when it comes out. So they make a lot of money off me.
    You've never bought one of their games, how are you not some random person? How do you figuire you should have beta access? How are they supposed to know you plan on buying their game? I've bought multiple Blizzard games over the years and I believe I and any other Blizzard customer have much more right to that beta key than you do.

Quote Originally Posted by -Chen Stormstout- View Post
    Why is the OP having problems opting in to Diablo 3 beta?

My WoW account hasn't been active for over 10 months, it the only Blizzard game I have on Bnet. and am able to opt in for Diablo 3 Beta.

The OP obviously has a wow account, based on his posts about wow.
    Well he claims that he has no blizzard games/accounts. Which is stupid because he's expecting to have the privilege of beta access without owning/buying any blizzard games.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2012-01-12 at 06:50 AM.

Here's a pro tip for getting into ANY Blizzard beta...

Buy a crappy PC and use that as your opt-in option on Bnet. You'll most likely get beta access.

Reason is pretty simple. Blizzard wants to see how their games perform on lower end systems. Why test them on higher end systems? They know they'll perform well on those. Seems logical to me.

Oh yeah, you have to be lucky, too.

Hmm... do you really think Blizz cares of whats written here? Lemme answer you with one word: NO.

To all the ppl saying: Dedicated fans of Diablo should all get DIII beta access.
    There is no way how to determine if you are dedicated to Diablo or not - so this gonna be random.
    + this guy is not dedicated since he doesnt even have original DII

Edit: Just coudlnt help myself. Stay classy, AdrianCC100.

I got into D3 beta. Played barbarian once through and havent touched it since. U jelly op?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    evidence or you just made up some stuff on the spot to stirr up some hate against bizzard
    Why do you guys keep saying shit like EVIDENCE?
    This is what I have experienced; I got into 2 betas (WoW: Cata and SC2) with only WoW on my account. My other Bnet account has my 2 Diablo titles (D2 and LOD) and I have never received a beta invite.

Learn to read please; I never said it will never happen; it's highly unlikely in MY EXPERIENCE.

btw you can easily post in diabloforums with an sc2 account an no wow-sub active... hmm making up random bs is fun it seems? but you will have to excuse me for hating you
    And yet with my WoW Bnet account that is inactive, I can't post on the Diablo forums.
    Last edited by eucatastrophe; 2012-01-12 at 07:26 AM.
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

Quote Originally Posted by eucatastrophe View Post
    This is what I have experienced; I got into 2 betas (WoW: Cata and SC2) with only WoW on my account. My other Bnet account has my 2 Diablo titles (D2 and LOD) and I have never received a beta invite.
    I Understand you said In Your experience so keep that in mind.
    i have played wow for 6 years, have D2, Warcraft2,3,3xp, SC,SC XP, and SC 2 on my account and have never gotten into any beta for any of their games while trying for every one i could. By youre logic, In My Experience Beta Testing Does not Exist.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Well there you go. You can help them by giving them money.
    Blizzard already has 10 million people who have been throwing their wallets at them for years. I don't believe they are strapped for cash on anything. If they are they need to look into hiring some people to handle their financials.

On a more 'on topic' note... In Vanilla when I was a wee laddy I never heard a thing from WoW. Going into BC through Wrath while I was a hardcore, top raider, I got into every WoW beta fairly early. Now that I have quit, I have not heard a thing about up and coming stuff, and my e-mail associated with that account went from never receiving a single 'hacker' e-mail to receiving about 5 a day. I may be paranoid but I get the feeling Blizzard doesn't like people who don't play or quit their games. So good luck.

P.S: No conspiracy theory, just a statement of an oddly connected string of events.