Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Nope, not really. Guild Wars 2 isn't my life, so I have other things that hold my attention until I wait for the game to come out. I'm excited for it, but I'm not getting overhyped for it. My advice to you is to just forget about it and then you can get hyped when it gets closer to coming out. No need getting hyped for it when they haven't even given a release date. That's just asking for disappointment. I do believe they announced the game too early though.

  2. #22
    Honestly, I am only worried about GW2 taking so long if other MMOs release major content updates (TOR/Rift) or simply new stuff I want to play release quicker (D3/other). There is only so much time to spread around. The only speculative dates I seen for GW2 were March/April and those seemed kinda shady. Could be a month, 2 months, 6 months away... just don't know yet.

  3. #23
    I am Murloc! Mif's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tarnished Coast
    Posts
    5,629
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I've lost interest in this game. Mainly because they are taking forever to finish the game. It's been about 5 years since they first announced GW2. We still don't have a release date. Honestly, I've been waiting all those years for this game.. I just don't care about it anymore. By the time GW2 is released, there will be other games just as good or better.
    I wager 3 cookies that you buy GW2 on release day.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Craind View Post
    Those who lose interest never had it in the first place.
    I've been waiting for GW2 since they announced it about 5 years ago. Who knows how long it's been in development before that. I love the Guild Wars games. I still occasionally play the first ones. So no, I have always had interest in the game. Just the fact that it's taking them this long is putting me off some. Of course I will still buy the game. After all it's a MMO with no subscription fee and it's Guild Wars. I understand they want to take their time and not release a crap game, but sometimes it's bad to take too long. I mean.. If it's being released this year.. Why not give us the ETA release date? The fact that they haven't even hinted at a release date tells me that it probably won't be released until late November or early December.

  5. #25
    The Lightbringer Skelington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UGUU
    Posts
    3,656
    No. Skelington didn't put all of his excitement into the game, nor expect a continuous stream of videos and updates and such. He's been waiting patiently and eagerly since its announcement, and continues to do so. These things take time.

  6. #26
    Warchief Maarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Austria (EU)
    Posts
    2,053
    funny, they haven't even started promoting the game...
    let's the hype beginn when the game is ready and all of the important infos get released

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by u9k13tjc View Post
    Good, not that you've lost interest (inwhich case why are you here?) but that they are taking their time,

    I've seen that donkey turd of an MMO that SWTOR turned out to be because they released it before it was ready, I dont want arenanet to do teh same to GW2.

    I'll happily wait until its ready and polished, and no, I'm more excited than ever. Good things come to those who wait, esp in the MMO sector.

    While it's fine to express your dislike for a game, bashing it is not cool. Don't do that. -Edge

    I did express my dislike which you say is fine, so butt out. Don't just mod the things you dont like. What I said was relevant to the thread, that releasing games early before they are ready results in a pretty poor game.
    No... You didn't. You called SW:TOR, and I quote, a donkey turd. Really? That classy statement isn't bashing? Take a hint from your own response to that mod, and don't bash the things you don't like. Just because you weren't satisfied with SW:TOR, millions disagree.

    On topic though, I disagree OP. I think it is good they are keeping Guild Wars 2 quiet and focusing on development. It is always good to never get over hyped, and to take things with a grain of salt while retaining patience. It'll be done with its ready, and hopefully the time invested will be worth the wait.

    EDIT: Severely off topic here, but Skellington, I praise you for the Elfen Lied link. What a great manga that was.

  8. #28
    I never "lost" interest but I stopped following it as much as it was driving me nuts.

    After getting SWToR, I realised how much I hate running around for quests on huge worlds, I'm seriously considering not playing it anymore, I love the PvP and story, but the lack of exp from PvP means you have to level through PvE.

    After playing SWToR, I've got more interested in following GW2 again, but I won't since it creates bad things. Although I will have it day one and I will love it.

  9. #29
    Herald of the Titans Mighty Blue Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,777
    I haven't lost interest yet, I'm just playing around on WoW and biding my time.

    Those who lose interest this early... It's probably best you go play something else for now. :P

  10. #30
    I don't really know why, or how people think that if you announce a game, constantly have screenshots/videos/promotion material with in-game data (I'm not following GW2 in the slightest) have anything to do with wanting to wait until a game is ready. There comes a point where either the game is ready or you keep pushing it back because you keep seeing all the things people like/dislike in the current gaming market. Honestly, a game does not take 5 years to produce. It just doesn't unless you are constantly shifting people around to work on other IPs under your name or constantly adding new features, which... well will never make the game ready since you keep adding features based off other games that work well.

    With some of the logic here, a game will never be released because they want to constantly keep polishing/refining it. I would surely pray and hope everything is done in the game at this point and they are just trying their best to balance things or something because quite honestly by the time they want to release said game it will be outdated in the gaming industry.

    Look at the amazing game Duke Nukem Forever turned out to be. lol

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by u9k13tjc View Post
    Good, not that you've lost interest (inwhich case why are you here?) but that they are taking their time,

    I've seen that donkey turd of an MMO that SWTOR turned out to be because they released it before it was ready, I dont want arenanet to do teh same to GW2.

    I'll happily wait until its ready and polished, and no, I'm more excited than ever. Good things come to those who wait, esp in the MMO sector.

    While it's fine to express your dislike for a game, bashing it is not cool. Don't do that. -Edge

    I did express my dislike which you say is fine, so butt out. Don't just mod the things you dont like. What I said was relevant to the thread, that releasing games early before they are ready results in a pretty poor game.
    This made me laugh. Tell that mod what's up!

    I'm still fairly interested in the game - mostly because I haven't been following enough to be upset it's not out yet. SWTOR is giving me plenty to do in the mean. While the PvP is kinda painful, it's still a fun change after doing nearly everything WoW has to offer(through several characters).
    D3 - Aggs 60 Barbarian | Paladin | Warlock | Shaman | Death Knight | Warrior |

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I've been waiting for GW2 since they announced it about 5 years ago. Who knows how long it's been in development before that. I love the Guild Wars games. I still occasionally play the first ones. So no, I have always had interest in the game. Just the fact that it's taking them this long is putting me off some. Of course I will still buy the game. After all it's a MMO with no subscription fee and it's Guild Wars. I understand they want to take their time and not release a crap game, but sometimes it's bad to take too long. I mean.. If it's being released this year.. Why not give us the ETA release date? The fact that they haven't even hinted at a release date tells me that it probably won't be released until late November or early December.
    I think I read somewhere that development for GW2 started right after the release of Eye of the North, sometime early 2007. I also read/heard somewhere that they intentionally announced the game early because they wanted to tell their fans that they will not be working on another GW1 expansion but instead on a sequel.

    I've been following this game on and off since the 2007 reveal article and I don't think I have ever really lost interest in it. Although I had quit GW1 a month after the release of EotN to play WoW more actively I always dreamed of a game that incorporated the best features of WoW (responsive controls, open world, bigger emphasis on PvE etc.) with the best features of GW1 (skill, not gear, the lore, the art style etc.). It happened; Guild Wars 2 is my dream game.

    As for the release date, I'm hoping for a Q2 release but my money is on September.

  13. #33
    I look at the PvP side of games. GW2 doesn't have much info out, but I can still figure based on class abilities and mechanics that some classes are getting shafted while others have blatant favoritism and some are just ridiculously stupid powerful.

    Elementalist, as it stands currently with their model, is THE PvP class, there's no reason to take any other as it has the most and strongest abilities by far.

    I'm on the fence about the PvP, I'll still pick it up to play with whoever will play it regardless of how bad the PvP is, sadly, even with its current lack of info, it still looks like it has the potential to be the most competitive MMO-action-RPG.

  14. #34
    Stood in the Fire Vlad Morbius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    365
    No chance in hell! I am beyond ready for a real MMO, one that is not based around the damned trinity system. I split a gut reading the TOR boards with oodles of threads crying about the lack of healers and tanks and the game is a month old! The system is dead and i for one cannot wait for GW2 specifically because i can finally be self sufficient and jump into any situation with a chance of success. I think i've seen it said best as " logging in to play and have fun not logging in to wait around to have fun"!
    So in short my interest has never been stronger!

  15. #35
    I haven't lost interest, but FFS, just give it a release date sometime this year. I'm tired of waiting with all the teasing at gaming events.

  16. #36
    Whats the point of this thread? If you wait so long yofor this game you will buy right after release, dont cheat yourself.

  17. #37
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    I haven't lost interest.

    After playing SWTOR for the last few weeks, my interest has been RENEWED! I can't wait for good PVP! (Fingers crossed and hoping for the best!)
    I could not agree more. I love some of the stuff that comes with SWTOR, but for the most part the game blows. PvP is absolutely terrible and the PvE gets old kinda fast. After reading the PvP forums on SWTOR also, too many people who play the "OP" classes talking down to people not playing them. Its funny really. Hopefully GW2 answers all the questions.

  18. #38
    Over 9000! Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    9,351
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I've lost interest in this game. Mainly because they are taking forever to finish the game. It's been about 5 years since they first announced GW2. We still don't have a release date. Honestly, I've been waiting all those years for this game.. I just don't care about it anymore. By the time GW2 is released, there will be other games just as good or better.
    Funny... I still have a magazine showing me how a MMO game will get launched by this company called Blizzard from january 2001 and it was a Romanian magazine, so the news was probably months old. When was WoW launched? 2005? Heh, that's almost 5 years, well what a surprise, I guess that's about how long it takes to make a game from the ground.

  19. #39
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Welcome to the Metachronopolis!
    Posts
    12,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Honestly, I am only worried about GW2 taking so long if other MMOs release major content updates (TOR/Rift) or simply new stuff I want to play release quicker (D3/other). There is only so much time to spread around. The only speculative dates I seen for GW2 were March/April and those seemed kinda shady. Could be a month, 2 months, 6 months away... just don't know yet.
    You should worry. They won't commit to even 2012 at this point.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragenerdz View Post
    I could not agree more. I love some of the stuff that comes with SWTOR, but for the most part the game blows. PvP is absolutely terrible and the PvE gets old kinda fast. After reading the PvP forums on SWTOR also, too many people who play the "OP" classes talking down to people not playing them. Its funny really. Hopefully GW2 answers all the questions.
    Unfortunately you won't find a haven in WoW from such things either, so I do agree in hopes that GW2 will be a better game, but I just have my severe doubts. The online community as a whole seems to be rotten to the core. A new game won't solve those problems.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •