Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    not really. still excited.

10+ Year Old Account
    The worst thing you could ever do about this or any game is to follow it so closely that you don't give it room to breathe. You learn every single thing about it, watch every single video for it, read every single beta review over and over til they're memorized. You feel like you already have it, you feel like you need to, you feel dissatisfied with other games because you're so hyper focused on this one title... then when it's out... and only then... you realize that it doesn't even have that polished, new feeling anymore because you've completely ripped it apart in your impatient, aimless preparation for the game and it ends up being underwhelming.

Take a step back, let the game do its thing. I promise, it wont release behind your back. You'll know. When it's good and ready.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I've never been more interested than I am now.

Yeah, you probably just kept waiting for it so much, that it made you lose interest. Just stop caring about it for a while, then care about it again later.

I also think they made the mistake of announcing it too early as well, since it just makes it feel like it's taking way longer to finish.

The good thing is though, that the game is going to be pretty well-developed. That'll mean a better experience, which is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Morbius View Post
    I split a gut reading the TOR boards with oodles of threads crying about the lack of healers and tanks and the game is a month old!
    Think this is only true for casuals and PUGs. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    The worst thing you could ever do about this or any game is to follow it so closely that you don't give it room to breathe. You learn every single thing about it, watch every single video for it, read every single beta review over and over til they're memorized. You feel like you already have it, you feel like you need to, you feel dissatisfied with other games because you're so hyper focused on this one title... then when it's out... and only then... you realize that it doesn't even have that polished, new feeling anymore because you've completely ripped it apart in your impatient, aimless preparation for the game and it ends up being underwhelming.

Take a step back, let the game do its thing. I promise, it wont release behind your back. You'll know. When it's good and ready.
    Fully agreed with this. Don't watch every movie, read every interview and comment any new announcement. Digest them in parts. Oh, 10 new GW2 videos appeared? Good, see one every week. That way you don't overstimulate your brain and make huge expectations of when you'll actually play the game yourself and the actual landscapes will actually look amazing still. If you watch all of them in videos as much as you can... they won't anymore, since you've seen them already.

Nope! just being patient.. I'm very eager to play ofc but not much we can do untill they decide its done

I think I'd like to lose a little interest, just a bit off the top like a haricut that gets things up there back in order again. But all this disheveled suffering is going to make logging in that first time pretty sweet I reckon.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me I wouldn't call it 'losing interest'. My interest in the game is still there, so it was never lost. It simply went on holiday due to the large gaps between content previews. I find it hard to devote full interest to builds of the game that I know are probably going to change drastically anyway. When release draws near, then the fire will re-kindle for sure.

---------- Post added 2012-01-12 at 01:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    By the time GW2 is released, there will be other games just as good or better.
    Do remember that during the development time they can keep updating it so that it doesn't fall behind newly announced games. It isn't like the current build will be the release build. I will not ignore the possibility of a competitor game coming up with something more innovative in the meantime, but they would be hard-pressed to do so!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You should worry. They won't commit to even 2012 at this point.
    Maybe it's because their staff is busy making a game for us (the people).

10+ Year Old Account
    No, mainly because I haven't been looking into it forever and the only things I have looked into are the general activities in the game like the events and how gear works. Hell I still don't know what class I will make.

Sort of what happened with Diablo 3.

I heard about it way before it was going to be released, got really pumped up, learned everything I needed to learn, but then it kind of just faded away...

I'm still interested though. I've lost some interest, but as soon as it's released I'll be excited again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I've lost interest in this game. Mainly because they are taking forever to finish the game. It's been about 5 years since they first announced GW2. We still don't have a release date. Honestly, I've been waiting all those years for this game.. I just don't care about it anymore. By the time GW2 is released, there will be other games just as good or better.
    Would you prefer 5 more years of WoW 0.o

Hey look at my shinny Tier 26 gear on my lvl 150 Jack Black Panda Bear. I think i would rather wait for a new complete experience than sludge though another 3 expansions of the same old same old.

Maybe AdrianCC100 enjoys Warcraft or played other MMOs not called World of Warcraft. Shockingly.

what really bothers me about all this is that we are 2 weeks into new year and nothing - NOTHING FROM ANET, i mean they got all the hype wagon going in full gear last year, promising a lot of stuff, and all of a sudden all this quiet.... at least give us something, like clips or anything. Seriously......
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    what really bothers me about all this is that we are 2 weeks into new year and nothing - NOTHING FROM ANET, i mean they got all the hype wagon going in full gear last year, promising a lot of stuff, and all of a sudden all this quiet.... at least give us something, like clips or anything. Seriously......
    The quiet before the storm...

10+ Year Old Account
    I have lost quite a bit of interest in the previous year(mainly due to not liking some of the choice Anet went with). I seem to only be losing more interest in the game as time goes on, but that might be because of my new career decision.
    Sadly I feel that I am getting too old to play MMO's, I guess only time will tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope haven't lost interest, in fact im happy that Closed Beta is on and that a dev said (this was back in Nov- vid on g4tv) that they are at the Polishing stage, as im confident it will be released sooooooooooon. I am slightly annoyed tho that it is not out yet, but nah im still damn excited about as a game. Nothing will change that.

Nope, still super psyched. In closed beta right now, can't be that far off. I still think a Q2 release sounds right.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    The quiet before the storm...
    Tell me you know more and not just speculating please
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"