Poll: Real Lightsabers? Yey or nay?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Possible? If not now, certainly in the near future. Practical? Well, unless the soldier wielding it also has the power to glimpse into the future to deflect incoming projectiles and create a shield made of pure energy to stop shrapnel from explosions from ripping through his skin, I don't see it being very practical in a combat environment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tibben View Post
    Possible? If not now, certainly in the near future. Practical? Well, unless the soldier wielding it also has the power to glimpse into the future to deflect incoming projectiles and create a shield made of pure energy to stop shrapnel from explosions from ripping through his skin, I don't see it being very practical in a combat environment.
    Agreed! Though it would be the ultimate multi-tool and close combat "knife" ^^

Speed of light = 299,792,458 m / s

To make a 1 meter lightsaber you need an energy source that can run at 299,792,458 Hz
    Effectively making the 'light' only reach 1 meter then dissipating then reaching 1 meter again, doing so 299,792,458 times every second.

Solved the length issue!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jobdone View Post
    Speed of light = 299,792,458 m / s

To make a 1 meter lightsaber you need an energy source that can run at 299,792,458 Hz
    Effectively making the 'light' only reach 1 meter then dissipating then reaching 1 meter again, doing so 299,792,458 times every second.

Solved the length issue!
    Sounds like a f*cking lot to be honest. I don´t think that it is possible with light but maybe with a plasma beam although this would need a really powerful energy core.

i would like it but, no it would be to dangerous. Knowing me i would drop my lightsaber, it would turn on and kill me
    게임 은 어렵~~