Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hitman - Blood Money (high skill cap)
    Splinter Cell - Conviction
    Any Metal Gear

Splinter Cell ( Chaos Theory is what I played, and see it as the best ) Conviction being more of a shooter but still cool.

Thief 3 - deadly shadows - Shellbridge Cradle will rock your world...

I know this is old, but i think i may help <3

Quote Originally Posted by Majik8ball View Post
    Hello everyone. I have been playing Skyrim for the past couple of weeks, and just beat all of the 'sneaky' questlines in the game (Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherehood, ect.) and I am hooked. Can anyone recommend me a good stealth based game to play?
    I was hoping for:
    - Fantasy theme (Wizards and dragons) preferred, but not necessary
    - Must have good story length and/or replay value
    - I prefer RPGs that actually give you choices, but gameplay ultimately takes the front seat.
    - Good graphics is nice, but not necessary.
    - A modding community is nice, but not necessary.
    - I don't want to be a one man army killing machine who can take 10+ people in a fight. That kind of ruins the point of stealth.
    - Please do not recommend Assassin's Creed, I don't want to start a flame war by saying this, but I find those games to be incredibly boring.

Thanks!
    Try Of guards and thieves!

Of Guards and Thieves is a multiplayer stealth game in which high-powered guards face off against fast and elusive thieves in a contest of wits. Outsmarting the enemy and shooting your way through to the goal are equally valid strategies.

Guards: Protect 6 objects scattered around the map, and don't let the thieves steal them!
    GUARDS HAVE:
    -No vision in the dark
    -Flashlights
    -High-damage weapons

Thieves: Outsmart the guards and use your vision advantage and sneakiness to steal only one specific object shown on the screen. (The guards don't know what object thieves must steal) and escape to one of the 3 exits.
    Thieves have:
    -Night vision goggles
    -A bit weaker weapons than guards, but still enough to take them down. (Cobra has a 1-hit KO knife <3)
    -Flashlights to fool guards

You can watch the trailer if you want
    I can't post any links, because i just made the account...
    I made it just to reply to dis.

P.S. OWAR 9000 replay value ^^

Did you just make an account to necro a 2 year old thread?

MGS, splinter cell, asscreed, thief, of orcs and men, shadow of mordor, deus ex, velvet assassin

Dishonored is quite good. You have the option to finish the game without killing anyone.

after 2 years I think the OP has either found a game and already beaten it or has given up looking
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhron View Post
    Deus Ex:HR strangely reminds me of the old Thief games. There is probably a good reason for that, with Eidos (who absorbed the original Thief team) being who made it.
    Deus Ex is good.

If you want a stealth game that does not have any rpg elements but is a good stealth game, look at Mark of the Ninja.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Dishonored
    Styx
    Shadow of Mordor

Necro over.

Dishonored
    Thief (any from the series, Dark Shadows or whatever is probably the best)
    Oblivion (Dark Brotherhood/Thieves Guild)
    All Splinter Cell games (chaos theory and pandora tomorrow are my personal favorites)

I also share your hatred for Assassin's Creed.

If you're looking for a stealth game I recommend Dishonored. Your actions depict on how the rest of the story plays out. I found it to be a blast and you bring righteous to the people who betrayed you. Powers + stealth = A lot of fun. And some of the achievements make it a lot longer as well (if your interested in achievements).

10+ Year Old Account
    How come nobody has mentioned metal gear solid IV? Despite how old it is it's still pretty decent and holds up well.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Ugh. People are asking about stealth games and no one even mentions Thief: The Dark Project. Well, there was one person that mentioned it, so kudos to him.

But no seriously, get Thief. Thief 2 is decent as well, but avoid anything beyond that. Thief is still the best stealth game ever made, puts anything made since then to shame.
    Thief series is the mother of all stealthy games. I remember when I was playing them when I was in college, playing the game in dark room to enhance my vision to distinct objects while moving in the dark in game, use my headphones to isolate any noise outside the game so I can hear all the foot steps of the guards.
    I was playing so much of Thief games that I thought I could move in the dark and relay on sounds of my surroundings irl ....good old days

Basically and simply,

Theme that use swords and bows go for Thief series.
    Theme that use pistols with suppressors and night vision googles and hi tech gadgets go for splinter cell series (conviction and blacklist are shit though)
    Theme that setup in futuristic world go for Deus ex (original) and Deus Ex:HR.
    Last edited by Ballistic; 2015-06-15 at 05:19 AM.

This thread is like 3 years old guyz.