Cool when is the burn phase a boss

im a arcane mage u guys help me alot with my dps but i also find another problem im a shame to ask but i dont know when is the burn phase on the bosses in DS IS THE A BURN PHASE?
    what im doing at the start of a fight i blow all my trinkets and i just keep doing that all fight dont know if that the right thing to do :TY and i know u guys will help me:

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboys View Post
    im a arcane mage u guys help me alot with my dps but i also find another problem im a shame to ask but i dont know when is the burn phase on the bosses in DS IS THE A BURN PHASE?
    what im doing at the start of a fight i blow all my trinkets and i just keep doing that all fight dont know if that the right thing to do :TY and i know u guys will help me:
    Usually the last 20 percent as a lot of classes have an nuke type ability around there. I don't know specifically about mages though.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboys View Post
    Until you really start min maxing which from you post I don't think you are. You should rotate your trinks and pretty much use them on cd.

Yes there are more appropriate times to use them at specific junctures but I think your just learning arcane if this is your question.

I suggest sifting through this forum, also checking out Noxxic and EJ's website on how to play a mage.

Im not a huge fan of Noxxic they get alot of stuff wrong but they do teach well enough to crack above mediocre dps and the basics of your class.

As you are an Arcane Mage, im guessing you are asking the "mini burn phases".
    It's when you are at or near 100% mana, and your Evocation and Mana Gems are up. It means you can just start blowing shit up via Arcane Blast spamming, until you reach the mana needed to evocate to 100% mana back. Then starts the mana conservation phase, where you cast Blast until your gear allows, and clear the stacks with Missiles.

If you are asking for the general burn phase, it's normally when they pop Bloodlust, and you >NEED< to be with Evocation, Gems, Mirror Image and trinkets up if you want to unload hell on the boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    As arcane, burn phase for you is gonna come a bit differently than other classes. You can start off the fight blowing all your cooldowns (except Time Warp) and burn til you reach about 30% mana, then evocate, and then keep your mana even at around 80 to 90% until evocate comes back around and do it again.

Depending on how long it takes to kill a certain boss, you may decide to hold off on your 2nd burn phase til someone blows Heroism/Time Warp (or commands you to blow it). You definitely want to line up all your cooldowns with Time Warp, so keep a look out for when the raid blows it or asks for it and be ready.

Short fights like say, Yor'Sahj or Morchok, you may not have more than 2 burn phases. Maybe a 3rd, I haven't done it much on normal. But something like Hagara that is naturally gonna take longer due to the nature of the fight, you can probably push out 3 or 4 maybe even 5 if it's long enough and you just gotta time it with Heroism/Time Warp as best you can.

Other than that, your burn phases are gonna be unique to you and when your cooldowns are available and how much mana you have. It'll be up to you to judge when to use them, based on whether or not you're about to have to move alot or switch targets or be unable to do any dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohmygosh View Post
    As you are an Arcane Mage, im guessing you are asking the "mini burn phases".
    It's when you are at or near 100% mana, and your Evocation and Mana Gems are up. It means you can just start blowing shit up via Arcane Blast spamming, until you reach the mana needed to evocate to 100% mana back. Then starts the mana conservation phase, where you cast Blast until your gear allows, and clear the stacks with Missiles.

If you are asking for the general burn phase, it's normally when they pop Bloodlust, and you >NEED< to be with Evocation, Gems, Mirror Image and trinkets up if you want to unload hell on the boss.
    This is incorrect. What you are describing is a general burn phase where you blow AP/gem/trinkets and AB spam down to 30-35% mana. Start this with 20-30s (depending on gear) left on your Evo cd.

A mini-burn phase is a more advanced rotation where you AB spam during a boss vulnerability phase or if the fight is long enough to justify desyncing AP from gem/evo. Or you have 4t13. This is called a mini-burn because you don't go all the way to 35% mana (Evo will likely be over a minute off cd). To climb back up to 85-90% mana after the mini-burn is pop Flame Orb and use a mana positive rotation casting AM every proc, going ABx2 max and resetting with Arcane Barrage if AM isn't available.

EDIT: You can also use a mini-burn if you have a really strong trinket proc. Mini burn is also really good with 4t12 because of the mana cost reduction while AP with the bonus.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2012-01-12 at 04:53 AM.

Thats why i used the name between " ", just so he doesnt mix tha mage burn phase with the raids burn phase

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohmygosh View Post
    Thats why i used the name between " ", just so he doesnt mix tha mage burn phase with the raids burn phase
    Ok, fine. A general mage burn phase.