Mists of Pandaria: Pet Battles
We will hear more about Mists of Pandaria in the upcoming weeks, but while we are waiting for new announcements we can review the new pet battle system that is coming in Mists of Pandaria.
- Blizzcon World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Preview Panel
- Official Mists of Pandaria Preview Panel Recap
- Official Pet Battles feature page
- Pets will be account wide.
- The battle system will be accessible to all players from a low level.
- The battle system works with almost every pet.
- Rare pets will not give any combat advantage, but may give a cosmetic advantage.
- Your pet journal will display info on all your pets, including stats, skills, and also drop locations and lore info for the pets you don't have yet. It will also let you manage your teams and battle parts of the system.
- You will be able to customize your pet with names or visuals for the abilities.
- Every pet can use 3 abilities in a battle at one time with a total of 6 abilities to swap around between battles.
- Every time you level you will also increase the stats of your pet.
- The current pet level cap is 25.
- You will level multiple pets to build your team, which consists of 3 slots for pets during battle.
- Most pets will become tradable, even after being leveled.
- There will be Wild Pets that you can find in the world and engage in battle with. After defeating it, you will be able to get that pet and add it to your Pet Journal.
- Wild Pets have random stats, some of them will be very good at tanking, some will have a CC ability, and so on.
- Some pets will only be found during a specific season, while it's raining, or during the day or the night. For example, some of them will only spawn in the spring, when it's raining, in Elwynn Forest at night!
- There will be at least one unique pet per zone.
- There will be both PvE battles against Wild Pets and PvP battles against other players.
- It will be a simple turn based combat system.
- You can fight with a team of 3 pets.
- There will be a queuing system so that you will be able to find a fight pretty fast depending on the level of your pets.
- Winning battles will earn experience and levels for your pets.
- You will finally be able to name your pets, and see that name in battle.
- You can obtain items for your pets.
- You will have an item slot for your pet and might be able to socket gems in the item.
- There will be individual builds of abilities for each pet and different teams.
- There will be Pet Masters in the world who will let you earn Master abilities when you beat them. For example, beating the master of mechanical pets will get you a new ability for your pet.
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
New Warcraft Fan Art
The World of Warcraft Fan Art Section has been updated with five new pieces of fan artwork.
Curse Weekly Roundup
Pico is back to tell us about the things you might have missed in Diablo 3, Guild Wars, SWTOR, Minecraft, and WoW news recently.